• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no rule out there stating that because sun and moon got regional variants, the other set of games has to have its own. The remakes would more than likely get z moves for Pokémon not included in sun and moon.

Of course there's no rule, but Gen VI went that route with megas, so...it's not a far shot to think they'd go with that plan again.
The same could apply to Z-moves, although they are selective about who they give the exclusives to.

In a D/P remake I could see the Creation Trio, Arceus, the Lake Trio, The Sinnoh starters, and Lucario getting exclusive Z-Moves.
Possibly Cresselia, Darkrai, Shaymin & Heatran too. Bonus points if Lucario's is a shoutout to his SSBB Final Smash, Aura Storm.

Why does everybody think that Z-moves would be main thing for DP remake, Z-moves aren't enough for DP remake, What about Megas? Megas were a main thing in XY and ORAS, but not in Sun/Moon, because masuda wanted to focus on Z-moves a new mechanic, But I don't think they'll get rid off them. IMO, I don't think Z-moves and Sinnoh Forms are enough for DP remake, Gf can add some new Megas for Gen 4 remake.

Why does everybody think that Z-moves would be main thing for DP remake

Because Z-Moves are gen VII's main mechanic and Mega Evolution is not focused on at all. So if DPPt is part of Gen VII, it would make sense for it to focus on Z-Moves and not Mega Evolution.

Z-moves aren't enough for DP remake

What makes you say that? Just a few new Megas was enough for ORAS, so why should a few new Z-Moves not be enough for a DPPt remake? And HGSS didn't get new moves or forms at all, so to say it's 'not enough' for a remake is a bit weird really.

What about Megas? Megas were a main thing in XY and ORAS, but not in Sun/Moon, because masuda wanted to focus on Z-moves a new mechanic

You just answered your own question there. Why not Megas? Because they want to focus on Z-Moves this gen.

Because Z-Moves are gen VII's main mechanic and Mega Evolution is not focused on at all. So if DPPt is part of Gen VII, it would make sense for it to focus on Z-Moves and not Mega Evolution.

What makes you say that? Just a few new Megas was enough for ORAS, so why should a few new Z-Moves not be enough for a DPPt remake? And HGSS didn't get new moves or forms at all, so to say it's 'not enough' for a remake is a bit weird really.

You just answered your own question there. Why not Megas? Because they want to focus on Z-Moves this gen.
I get that Z-moves are a main thing in Sun/Moon, but I think that GF could have added Megas also, I'm thinking that we'll get New megas in "Stars" because of that "20 new pokemon rumor" (which I doubt they'll be new pokemon in third game). Then the pattern of new mechanic might follow up to DP remake, Why not have New megas and New exclusive Z-moves? Also Masuda did state that they'll return in the "future games."

If Z moves are going to be a thing in Sinnoh, which NPC is going to be the one to promote it?

Steven Stone promoted Mega Evolution in ORAS because of his well-known hobby of traveling everywhere collecting rare rocks and thus it made sense for him to be interested in Mega Stones.

Cynthia studies mythology so I guess she could be the one to promote the Z-crystals in a way but I don't know how she could connect Sinnoh mythology with something so deeply rooted in Alola.

Pikachu Coloured Pichu shakes his tiny fist at you all the way from Gen IV!

Alright, but do we really want another Pichu form in the DPPt remakes? :p

I get that Z-moves are a main thing in Sun/Moon, but I think that GF could have added Megas also, I'm thinking that we'll get New megas in "Stars" because of that "20 new pokemon rumor" (which I doubt they'll be new pokemon in third game). Then the pattern of new mechanic might follow up to DP remake, Why not have New megas and New exclusive Z-moves? Also Masuda did state that they'll return in the "future games."

The 20 Pokémon rumor is about Pokémon Stars though, not about DPPt remakes.

Cynthia studies mythology so I guess she could be the one to promote the Z-crystals in a way but I don't know how she could connect Sinnoh mythology with something so deeply rooted in Alola.

Mega Evolution was pretty deeply rooted in Kalos, with Sycamore even mentioning it was a Kalos only thing. If GF wants the Z-Moves mechanic in DPPt, they'll surely find a way. Hell, they could pull a different universe thing, especially with time and space being the theme :p

Instead of a Gen IV remake, I think the next game would be a revisit of Kanto. However, instead of a remake of RBY, it would be a sequel to SM that is set in Kanto. Now since Kanto and Johto are so closely related, this new game should ideally cover both region as well.

That said, I hope they don't do regional variants for Sinnoh when it gets remade. It would make no sense for there to suddenly be a variant. Also I would like to see a Cynthia-Garchomp the way there's an Ash-Greninja. She is a very popular character afterall.

Cynthia also travels a lot, including to Alola. Her promoting the Z-crystals would be well within the realm of possibility. That said, who said the trainer has to be native to Sinnoh? We had established that Aether went there for researching Arceus for Type:Null, so someone like Wicke or Faba might be able to do it (though there are kinks if the remakes were to take place simultaneously with Sun and Moon)

That said, I hope they don't do regional variants for Sinnoh when it gets remade. It would make no sense for there to suddenly be a variant. Also I would like to see a Cynthia-Garchomp the way there's an Ash-Greninja. She is a very popular character afterall.

Ash-Greninja was there because the writers wanted something akin to a Mega-evolution on Ash;'s team but didn't want to bring back older Pokemon for it (for reference, the only Pokemon form Gen 6 with a Mega is Diancie, a Mythical Pokemon), it was just their way of having their cake and eating too. I don't think it will happen again unless the devs are on this weird ReBURST nostalgia bent.

Mega Evolution was pretty deeply rooted in Kalos, with Sycamore even mentioning it was a Kalos only thing. If GF wants the Z-Moves mechanic in DPPt, they'll surely find a way. Hell, they could pull a different universe thing, especially with time and space being the theme :p
"Hey, did you hear? Strange Crystals were found on the underground! Some researchers says that they are common on a farway region called Alola. What is it doing on Sinnoh, though?" -Random NPC
Mission accomplished, now there are Z-Crystals on Sinnoh.
(I wouldn't doubt that this would be the way they'd do it, not even for a second)

Can Sinnoh Region Champion Cynthia promotes Megas, because in Sun/Moon in the Battle Tree, we did see her use her Garchomp and Lucario with Mega Stones. Do you think that she'll promote megas. meaning they'll be a chance of getting new megas in DP remake or She'll promote Z-Crystal and switch her Garchomp from using Megas into Exclusive Z-moves, meaning we'll not going to see new megas in Gen 4 remake after all?
The 20 Pokémon rumor is about Pokémon Stars though, not about DPPt remakes.
What I was referring that the pattern of the new mechanic follow into the next game, like how XY mega evolution follow into ORAS. I would think that Z-moves mechanic would be also exclusive to DP remake. As for "Star" I was using that as an example of the 20 new pokemon rumor. I was saying that the 20 new pokemon leak may not be new pokemon (because they don't introduce new pokemon in third game, which they already confirmed of the entire pokedex in Sun/Moon) or Alolan Formes (also on the leak they said they'll be 10 new alolan forms as well), so what this 20 new pokemon is probably New Megas in "Stars". Why did I mention again, If they promote megas in "Stars", maybe GF would follow the pattern of bring back new megas in DP remake. @Soki, This is what I meant, I wasn't talking bout it on this thread, I was using "Stars" as a example. I mean what's wrong with promoting both Megas and Z-moves, I wouldn't consider Megas being a kalos thing, especially it's really popular who already likes it. If GF wanted to promote Megas and Z-moves, let them, I wouldn't mind if they did do that, I'm just saying this, IMO :)

Last edited:
I think we're forgetting that Professor Rowan studies evolution and Sycamore once worked with him. We could have Sycamore as the Mega Evolution guy. I don't want Z-Moves because they'd do nothing to make Pokemon like Torterra and Luxray viable in competitive.

1. I don't think Game Freak's decisions were always made with the metagame in mind. They created the Unown for starters, and on the opposite extreme, Mega Raquayza.
  2. While I expect the Starters to get Z-moves, Anything else is fair game. Luxray could very well get a Mega-evolution (and is this about how Luxray looks "totally" like a Dark-type?)

I think we're forgetting that Professor Rowan studies evolution and Sycamore once worked with him. We could have Sycamore as the Mega Evolution guy. I don't want Z-Moves because they'd do nothing to make Pokemon like Torterra and Luxray viable in competitive.
This is exactly what I was explaining about Megas. Like @Tigertot said that "Professor Rowan studies evolution and Sycamore once worked with him". Sycamore also studies Mega Evolution, If they're planning on taking off Megas, then they have to take of evolution as well. Both of those Mechanics are a main thing in the game, But I wouldn't see Megas are kalos thing only, because we're still in the MegaVerse. GF can still make New Megas and New exclusive Z-moves a main thing in Gen 4 remake, instead of just Z-moves, just because we didn't get New Megas in Sun and Moon, doesn't mean we won't see them in Gen 4 remake.

Last edited:
...Which is very situation, and only belongs to one Pokémon.

not one, 3 if you chek it up.
that question was a rhetorical one.
I hope only they make Empoleon so good like Charizard , Venusaur, Blaziken , Sceptile got.
If only regular Swampert would get the drizzle ability then its mega would be complete.

If all starters could get 2 forms then one could be water/steel and the other could be maybe water/ghost?
As for abilities hope it gets something against its main weakness.

Since the New 2DS xl was announced yesterday, Do you think DP remake will be on New 3DS/2DS XL, Switch or both?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom