• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see Game Freak continuing their focus on Z-Moves in order to promote them more. Then in Gen 8, they would sideline them in favour of a new mechanics.

So I don't see new Mega Evolutions introduced in Gen 7 even though I like them.

I see Game Freak continuing their focus on Z-Moves in order to promote them more. Then in Gen 8, they would sideline them in favour of a new mechanics.

So I don't see new Mega Evolutions introduced in Gen 7 even though I like them.
I'm still not convince that Megas are Gen 6 exclusive, I they want to make New megas and Z-moves, I would mind it. I still think that Z-moves aren't enough for DP remake. Z-moves are main thing and Megas are the sideline, but what's wrong with them making new ones

2019? Generation VIII should be released then.

I honestly don't have an idea of how will it run in these circumstances... I think I'll try to make a prediction thingy now-:
2017: Pokemon Stars (N3/2DS(XL) and Switch multi platform)
2018: Kanto Sequels (not sure on the system)
2019: Generation VIII games (Switch exclusive)
2020: DP sequels (Switch exclusive)

Note: Delayed my prediction of DP sequels by a year.

Except that release schedule is awfully crowded. I think there will be a gap next year, and I don't see any reason to expect Stars if Game Freak aren't done with the 3DS yet (since the Eurogamer rumor said the very opposite).

Except that release schedule is awfully crowded. I think there will be a gap next year, and I don't see any reason to expect Stars if Game Freak aren't done with the 3DS yet (since the Eurogamer rumor said the very opposite).
You do have point, Eurogamer said the "Stars" is Switch exclusive, I doubt they'll be on 3Ds, because they already have HD version of pikipek. It would make sense if they did it Sinnoh Remake on 3DS and Switch.
I honestly don't have an idea of how will it run in these circumstances... I think I'll try to make a prediction thingy now-:
2017: Pokemon Stars (N3/2DS(XL) and Switch multi platform)
2018: Kanto Sequels (not sure on the system)
2019: Generation VIII games (Switch exclusive)
2020: DP sequels (Switch exclusive)

Note: Delayed my prediction of DP sequels by a year.
Here's how it's going down
2017: DP Remake (N3DS/2DS XL and Switch)
2018: Pokemon Stars (Nintendo Switch Exclusive)
2018 Pokemon Mystery Dungeon (N3DS/2DS XL and Switch)
2019: Gen VIII (Switch Exclusive)
2020: DP Sequel (Switch Exclusive)
2021: Black and White 2 remake (Switch Exclusive or a new system)
2022: Break Year
2023: A sequel to Gen VIII (Switch Exclusive or a new system)
2024: Gen IX (a new system exclusive)
2025: XY remake (a new system exclusive)
2026: Kanto Sequel (a new system exclusive and 20th anniversary of Red/Green)

You do have point, Eurogamer said the "Stars" is Switch exclusive, I doubt they'll be on 3Ds, because they already have HD version of pikipek.
That means nothing. Every single Pokemon has a HD model; that has been the case starting since XY's development in 2011-2012. The idea is that eventually those models will be used for future systems like the Switch, but that doesn't have to happen in any specific year.

2020: DP Sequel (Switch Exclusive)
So we need DP remakes and sequels, but we can wait 9 years for Kanto sequels? Okay.

2021: Black and White 2 remake (Switch Exclusive or a new system)
They aren't going to remake B2W2 over BW.

I feel like there will be a break year soon. I hope that it's this year as to get it out of way. It can also give some possible and very early planning time for Sinnoh sequels/remakes.

I feel like there will be a break year soon. I hope that it's this year as to get it out of way. It can also give some possible and very early planning time for Sinnoh sequels/remakes.
I wouldn't consider a break year just yet. If they don't announce anything regarding to pokemon , then yeah it'll be a break (which it'll cause problem for fans, because they're a hype and itching for a pokemon game and nothing haven't been announce so far). I f they do announce something it could go both ways on what game and system for pokemon. Sinnoh Remake/Sequels or Stars? N3DS/N2DS XL, Switch or Both? Guess we'll find out.

The Poketch doesn't actually require a second screen, so I am not sure what the big deal is.

Personally, I never used it.

The Poketch doesn't actually require a second screen, so I am not sure what the big deal is.

Personally, I never used it.
Well, it was created to show off the DS's touchscreen. I think that the Poketch needs two screens. That way, you can use it and not have to go through excruitating menus. Also, maybe the Poketch might be expanded to include some new apps, like the PSS, Pokemon Refresh, and Super Training. I see Festival Plaza as an Alola-only thing.

Excruciating menus? Come on.

We have to do that for checking our Pokemon and items. Those things are just slightly more important than a bunch of apps that were never used outside Sinnoh.

It would be cool if the Poketch emits holograms like the HoloCaster. Not entirely sure about the specifics, but it would solve the apparent two-screen problem if it is even a problem.

I don't get it.

The only apps that arguably require a second screen are the watch (for anyone that cares that much about the time), pedometer, dowsing machine and link searcher. But all of those could easily just take up a very small portion of the Switch's screen.

Actually, the original link searcher didn't even make proper use of the second screen because it required the player to stop walking...

Last edited:
If there's a ultimate pokemon battle between Mega Evolution and Z-moves, who would win?

If there's one mechanic that you want for Sinnoh remake which would you choose?
A. Mega Evolution
B. Exclusive Z-moves
C. All of the Above
D. None of the Above

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom