• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing I want is Dawn not getting the same redesign treatment as May and I'm good :p Though I also wasn't a big fan of Maxie's and Archie's redesign, so I fear for Cyrus a bit...

That said, I do am very curious what they're going to do with Team Galactic's outfit, they're my second favourite team after Team Skull so can't wait to see that. The designs of the Sinnoh Gym Leaders are already pretty solid imo, so for them I'm mostly just hoping they don't ruin it too ^^;
They could really kick up the astronaut vibe to 20 and make them look really cool.

I hope Barry, Riley, and Bertha get redesigns. I think they can increase the "cool" factor of Barry like they did Wally. Riley is just because he's a guy in a suit, to me. Bertha just so they can make her a little more distinct from Agatha (I know they have referenced it in Gen. V).

I hope Dawn and Lucas get some nice redesigns like May and Brendan did. Appearance wise they're fine, it's just their clothes that I'm not too fond of.

Do you all think that z-moves would be prominent in the return of contests? I presume they would be replacing or an addition to the contest-only moves from ORAS. Also, do you think we will see the return of Lisia?

EDIT: Let's get really crazy. With regard to the leak about a placeholder for a third form of Lycanroc, how would you feel if it turned out to be a Sinnoh regional variant?

Last edited:
Do you all think that z-moves would be prominent in the return of contests?

Ooh I hadn't even thought about that, they could indeed provide a fun addition to the contests, just like Megas did in ORAS. Like you can use a Z-move once per contest and it will give you extra points or something.

Also, do you think we will see the return of Lisia?

Please no :p I'd rather have they give a bigger role to Fantina, since she is already the Contest expert in Sinnoh.

EDIT: Let's get really crazy. With regard to the leak about a placeholder for a third form of Lycanroc, how would you feel if it turned out to be a Sinnoh regional variant?

I thought that 'third form' was already explained in some way, though I don't remember the specifics. However, I definitely wouldn't mind another Lycanroc form, I'd be wishing for a snow wolf or something, make it Rock/Ice :D Though it would mess with its mechanic, Lycanroc's thing is that it has different forms depending on evolving during night or day, and since there's only one placeholder it would mean it only has one form if it's a Sinnoh variant. I doubt they would do that. Or it still keeps it night/day forms but gets a different form if you evolve it in a snowy area? Would become a bit complicated all imo.

I kinda doubt we'll get Sinnoh varients of Alolan mons in the first place, they were just introduced, it's way too early to already given them regional variants too imo.

This may be minor, but I hope they do something about the Honey Trees. Decreasing the 6 hours to 3 hours would be nice.

Also, fix the gender ratios of Salandit and Combee. Make it the reverse (87.5% female and 12.5% male).

This may be minor, but I hope they do something about the Honey Trees. Decreasing the 6 hours to 3 hours would be nice.

I would go as far as to even make it work immediately, having to wait multiple hours for something is just a pain, I have more things to do on a day than start up a game again to check if something is happening on a tree :p Seriously though, honey works immediately when used in grass, don't see why it can't work like that on trees now. It's a reason I never really made use of the trees.

Also, fix the gender ratios of Salandit and Combee. Make it the reverse (87.5% female and 12.5% male).

Not sure what needs to be fixed here, them being more rare is the point, since they can evolve and are therefore stronger. It's like asking for the starter gender ratios to be 'fixed' so you can find a female to breed with easier, which never happened either.

Some of the stuff added in SM would work great in Sinnoh. For example ride Pokemon would work perfectly since you had to use so many HM in the Sinnoh games and it would be an opportunity to add new ride Pokemon for climbing and others. Maybe using a ride Pokemon for the snow and marsh areas?

Sinnoh variants would be great too since Sinnoh's climate is different to the other regions.

Idk but imo Sinnoh remakes would work better than Kanto remakes for those reasons.

Some of the stuff added in SM would work great in Sinnoh. For example ride Pokemon would work perfectly since you had to use so many HM in the Sinnoh games and it would be an opportunity to add new ride Pokemon for climbing and others. Maybe using a ride Pokemon for the snow and marsh areas?

Sinnoh variants would be great too since Sinnoh's climate is different to the other regions.

Idk but imo Sinnoh remakes would work better than Kanto remakes for those reasons.
It could be nice for them to introduce Pelipper and Wailmer from the anime, or reintroduce Rhyhorn, Mamoswine, and Gogoat/Skiddo (most unlikely due to not being natural to the region) from XY as ride Pokemon.

I am currently playing Platinum for the first time ever, and I really am starting to wonder how will GF even remake Sinnoh in SM style graphics, and its gridless engine. Or worse, in Switch graphics and engine. Everything is so much more organic and wide in SM... Sinnoh is all narrow and blocky. I just don't know if it will succeed. Will they redisign literally the entire region? Because if they keep faithful to the originals (which is what they should do in terms of region design) it would look odd. And if they simplify and modernize the regiondesign, the oldschool fans will rant like crazy.

I really have no clue how would GF solve that issue.

Last edited:
I am currently playing Platinum for the first time ever, and I really am starting to wonder how will GF remake Sinnoh in SM style graphics. Or worse, in Switch graphics. Everything is so much more organic and wide in SM... Sinnoh is all narrow and blocky. I juif don't know if it will succeed. Will they redisign literally the entire region? Because if they keep faithful to the originals (which is what they should do in terms of region design) it would look odd. If they simplify the design, the oldschool fans will rant like crazy.

Tbh, I have no clue on what GF would do for DP remake, also I don't what system it'll be on either 3ds, switch or both. I'm wondering if they'll add some areas and new places in the remake

I am currently playing Platinum for the first time ever, and I really am starting to wonder how will GF even remake Sinnoh in SM style graphics, and its gridless engine. Or worse, in Switch graphics and engine. Everything is so much more organic and wide in SM... Sinnoh is all narrow and blocky. I just don't know if it will succeed. Will they redisign literally the entire region? Because if they keep faithful to the originals (which is what they should do in terms of region design) it would look odd. And if they simplify and modernize the regiondesign, the oldschool fans will rant like crazy.

I imagine it would be similar to the way that they approached ORAS, in that they mostly recreate the layout of the original game and approximate the pixels to models. In terms of incorporating the Sun and Moon engine, it could be very difficult. I think they could keep the same layout of the region, but just shift the camera angle like they did in Sun and Moon. In SM some angles were traditional and you could see the Player move directly forward, backward, left and right, but in other routes the angle is diagonal. This was the first game really like this, but assume they could do that in a DP remake.

I can't comment about old school DPP fans (which I don't even know if they exist) but as a Gen IV fanboy (and therefore a Sinnoh fanboy) I would love to see it completely remade with SuMo engine, breathe new life into the region and make it exciting to explore again.
I didn't feel the same thrill with ORAS Hoenn since the layout was pretty much the same but with better graphics.

What about HD graphics, there's also a higher chance of Sinnoh remake being on Switch, If so, it'll take a lot longer for GF to develop Sinnoh remake on Switch, not to mention redesigning the whole sinnoh region in HD. If there's also a chance Sinnoh remake being on 3ds, then they'll just use the same graphics from Sun/Moon. I just hope Sinnoh remakes, doesn't turn out like ORAS

I don't think movement not being grid based anymore is going to be a big problem, the movement in the DPPt remakes will just... not be grid based. It's really that simple :p They don't need to redesign the whole region for that, it'll just be the same except you have free movement.

I definitely hope they don't keep the shifting camera angles of SM, if anything was annoying it was that. I'm fine with just keeping it a view from above, so you have a better view of where you are and where to go.

I've just been replaying Platinum too and what I mostly wonder about is.... will we still be able to name the rival? D: Like I really missed that, it's a nice touch of personalization. I would hate it if they'll just name him Barry, to continue the trend of the games that came after it. (though if we can't change his name, but do get customization, all will be forgiven)

I don't want UBs in Sinnoh (mostly because I'm disgusted with them constantly being on everybody's team in Battle Spot).

I'd love new character designs. Roark and Byron should have matching helmets :3 Also, I want information on Riley's age.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom