• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sinnoh remakes should rather be released in Gen VIII. It would be a better option then for the Switch than now a possibility for the 3DS.

Forms were a theme in Gen IV, so it would be a shame if they didn't include form changes in some form (pun intended), and Megas are the way to do it...

What do you mean? We have variants now...

Actually, the theme of Generation IV was evolution, so that's a better argument in favor of Mega Evolution. But why not just bring back cross-generational evolutions instead? In the next generation...

Actually, the theme of Generation IV was evolution, so that's a better argument in favor of Mega Evolution. But why not just bring back cross-generational evolutions instead? In the next generation...

Evolution is one of my favourite concepts in Pokemon. I'd not mind if we had mega or regular new evolutions.
If we get more regional variants, then my only wish so far is an Ice/Psychic Noctowl.

I would prefer cross-gen evos over Megas, there's still a lot of mons that could benefit from getting an evo and since Mega Evolution requires a held item it seems like the worst option of the two. I'd love to see evos for Farfetch'd, Dunsparce, Corsola, and Castform for example. Or a pre-evo for Skarmory, Tauros/Miltank, Torkoal, or Tropius. There's still so many possibilities :D

I would prefer cross-gen evos over Megas, there's still a lot of mons that could benefit from getting an evo and since Mega Evolution requires a held item it seems like the worst option of the two. I'd love to see evos for Farfetch'd, Dunsparce, Corsola, and Castform for example. Or a pre-evo for Skarmory, Tauros/Miltank, Torkoal, or Tropius. There's still so many possibilities :D

Having cross generational evolutions would be nice to see once again, however, I do personally hope that we'll be receiving more mega evolutions at some point. Mainly because I need a mega Dragonite.

You'll get your Dragon/Water-type Dragonite variant and you'll like it better than Mega Tyranitar/Garchomp/Salamence/Metagross.

If they can add new Megas mid-gen, like they did with ORAS, I don't see why they can't add new evos mid-gen.

The only drawback is that they would be locked to the mid-generation games (unlike the temporary Mega Evolutions), but the same thing would happen with variants and I can't imagine that those won't happen in this generation.

And of course... they wouldn't need to be locked if they just updated the initial versions.

Weren't the new Mega Evolutions also locked to ORAS? I remember you weren't able to use them in XY at least, which was the reason why XY and ORAS had seperate competitive stuff going on.

Weren't the new Mega Evolutions also locked to ORAS? I remember you weren't able to use them in XY at least, which was the reason why XY and ORAS had seperate competitive stuff going on.
Yeah, but they were temporary. You could remove the Mega Stones and trade the actual Pokemon to XY.

I agree that this isn't really an important point, though. Even Spiky-eared Pichu was permanently locked to HGSS, as were the Cosplay Pikachu to ORAS.

I feel there is a stark difference however. Mega Evolution are induced by the items, the pokemon could still be in both games. the Event Pichu were specimens of a species that again, could be traded between every games. Variants are well, variants of pokemon species that can still be traded between games (and in fact share the same pokedex numbers).

Entirely new species on the other hand are a whole different beast however. I feel like regional Variants are more likely because of that.

I'd like to see them use both Mega Evolutions and regional variants instead of one or the other.

It'd be nice if they could give the Sinnoh starters both Z-Moves and Megas, but that might be asking for a bit much.

As for Z-Moves, if they focus on them more than Megas, what Pokémon could get them?

I'm thinking it'd be Torterra, Infernape, Empoleon, Luxray, Lucario, Chatot, Croagunk, Rotom, Dialga/Palkia/Giratina, and maybe Arceus. Aside from Croagunk, I'm not sure of any NFE Pokémon that could get a specific Z-Move.

I'm pretty sure that if we got new regional variants mid-gen, we can't trade them to SM either. The Mega Evolution problem isn't just that they're items, the ORAS forms itself don't exist in XY's data, so the game can't create them. Same goes for regional variants, it doesn't matter that they share the same Pokédex nr, they are different from the original form in many ways and that data doesn't exist in SM, so you won't be able to trade them. It's why you can't trade Groudon or Kyogre to XY either if they know the move Precipice Blades/Origin Pulse cause those move's data don't exist in XY.

Forms or entire new Pokémon, it doesn't matter, if the data doesn't exist in SM you can't trade it there. As Silktree said, they could easily fix this by just adding a patch, but as seen with ORAS, they don't seem to be fond of that. One problem it would create however, is that you can't trade them on the GTS at all, which is the case with Groudon/Kyogre and those special moves. So in this case a patch would definitely be needed or the GTS needs to somehow be seperated between SM and the new game.

You'll get your Dragon/Water-type Dragonite variant and you'll like it better than Mega Tyranitar/Garchomp/Salamence/Metagross.

I'd be very happy with a regional variant of Dragonite if i don't get a Mega Dragonite. I'd prefer a Dragon/Fire Dragonite though, not Dragon/Water. Considering Dragonite are already found at the sea, I don't really see an environmental factor changing Dragonite to become part Water type.

It doesn't have to be environmental. I've been talking about era variants in two other threads.

Ahh, yes. I did enjoy that idea actually. Still, I don't imagine Dragonite in the past or future having the water type, just because of the fact that it already lives around water. I'd prefer a Dragon/Fire Dragonite, with a short backstory that i have posted before on one of these threads.

Think of it this way: Long ago Dragonite had no wings, so it was always at sea. Simple and to the point.

Dragon/Fire would just add fuel to the "Charizard and Dragonite are too alike" fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom