• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Having that many Sinnoh Pokemon is suspicious imo

When the whole movie takes place and is based around Kanto and the beginning of Ash's journey? One of these past generations is being far more utilized and hinted at.

When the whole movie takes place and is based around Kanto and the beginning of Ash's journey? One of these past generations is being far more utilized and hinted at.

If Ash's journey started in Kanto then obviously it will show Kanto...and yet they go to Johto oops.

They don't go to Johto. Anyway, Ash's team and Ho-Oh are the highlights, with Marshadow taking second place.

If Ash's journey started in Kanto then obviously it will show Kanto...and yet they go to Johto oops.

In addition to what @Saraform stated, I would also like to point out what we're talking about. You and others are trying to use the cameos of Sinnoh Pokemon to justify Sinnoh remakes, when there are loads more references, hints, cameos, and overall focus given to Kanto (and maybe even more references to Johto than Sinnoh--though they don't go there). It's completely illogical.

You're also missing the point that you yourself even stated--this movie is all about the beginning of Ash's journey which takes place, obviously, in Kanto. Yes, yes it does. And you know what that means?

Yes, it means way more likelihood of a Kanto revisit than Sinnoh, if we're going by movie content.

The movie is in Kanto because it the 20th anniversary of the anime, if they were to remake Kanto they would have done it last year during the 20th anniversary of the games instead the released Red, Blue, and Yellow on the Virtual Console. Kanto can easily be explained by the fact that this Movie is meant to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the anime which started in Kanto, while the prominence of Sinnoh Pokemon such as Piplup and Lucario can't be explained in any such way, add in the fact that Sun and Moon itself referenced Sinnoh in the Dimensional Research Lab and its much more likely the next games are Sinnoh Remakes

Yeah, no. The movie is doing a pretty bad job celebrating the original series, so that excuse doesn't work. And Game Freak had to release SM last year because they wanted a second generation for the 3DS. By your logic, it is too late for DP remakes since their anniversary has come and gone (without any fanfare, lol).

Piplup and Lucario are not prominent. They belong to sidekicks and are just there due to the species' lasting popularity, which went beyond the Sinnoh games. If Ash had a Lucario, then you'd have a point, but he doesn't.

SM referenced Kanto a hell of a lot more than Sinnoh. Game Freak sent Lillie and Lusamine to the former, for pete's sake. DP remakes would have nothing to do with that plotline, but Kanto sequels would.

I don't see DP being remade for as long as the 3DS is relevant. This thread is like the one for RS remakes from 2010-2011, except with much fewer posts despite being over 3 years old.

Last edited:
I think the point is that Kanto's inclusion in the movie is obvious since it is the anniversary and all whereas Piplup, Lucario and Luxray's inclusion is random. Makoto could have been given an Oshawott, the other guy a Braviary or some other Pokemon from some other region instead.

Okay, we're getting off topic here. Yes we should have a Kanto/Johto remake/sequel for the 20th anniversary. But we already have remake of Red/Blue and Gold/Silver was a sequel to Red/Blue, so a remake and sequel are out of the question. Also we already have a Virtual Console of Red/Blue/Yellow to help celebrate the 20th anniversary. Now they can do a Kanto/Johto reboot/remaster, that would be better. Since the 20th movie points to the possible next and a lot of hints and reference from Sun/Moon, it's likely possible.

As for Diamond/Pearl, okay yes it's the 10th anniversary of Diamond/Pearl, and yes it's time for remake. GF always remake old game. In Sun/Moon, we have a lot of reference and hints toward Sinnoh, along with 20th movie showing popular pokemon, Piplup and Lucario (also Luxray because of the toys, so he'll likely to appear in the movie also). With those hints and reference is a possibility of a Sinnoh Remake next.

It could go either way, but demanding it, is not going to help. The one person says "Kanto needs more than Sinnoh because it's the 20th anniversary" and the person says "Sinnoh need more because it's didn't get it remake, so Sinnoh is more demanding than Kanto". See demanding the games and fighting over it is not going to help. It could go either way, but it's up to TPCi and GF to decide what game they'll release, not he fans and we should concern whether we're a pokemon game this year. I would like to see Kanto/Johto again and Sinnoh remaded, it would be nice to see both of them (just not the same year), we'll just have to wait and see at the E3.

Now if GF would do something different other than remake of old game, they do some sort of sequel to Diamond/Pearl, it'll take 10 years from the original events of DPPt, but this just my speculation :)

Anyway we should get back on topic of Diamond/Pearl remake, if you want to talk more about Kanto/Johto Sequel go to Kanto/Johto Sequels

Last edited:
@shemar corbin, Gold and Silver are not sequels to Kanto. They may seem like it, but they're not true sequels. So sequels are not out of the question. The only true sequels are Black 2 and White 2. Just wanted to clear this up.

@shemar corbin, Gold and Silver are not sequels to Kanto. They may seem like it, but they're not true sequels. So sequels are not out of the question. The only true sequels are Black 2 and White 2. Just wanted to clear this up.
Okay if there's a chance of a Kanto/Johto sequel, I wouldn't mind, if there's a chance of Sinnoh Remake, I wouldn't mind that either, but I said this is off topic. You can go to Kanto/Johto Sequels to discuss it.

@shemar corbin Please don't tell people what to do, discussing that the Pokémon in the new movie could be a hint towards DPPt remakes is perfectly on-topic. It is about DPPt remakes. And FlowerMagician was responding to your post, also making it on-topic. Talking about Kanto/Johto sequels is fine if it's also about DPPt remakes, which in this case it is.

Please let the mods be judges of what is off-topic and what not. If you think a thread is going off-topic, please report it instead of simply telling people they're off-topic.

@shemar corbin Please don't tell people what to do, discussing that the Pokémon in the new movie could be a hint towards DPPt remakes is perfectly on-topic. It is about DPPt remakes. And FlowerMagician was responding to your post, also making it on-topic. Talking about Kanto/Johto sequels is fine if it's also about DPPt remakes, which in this case it is.

Please let the mods be judges of what is off-topic and what not. If you think a thread is going off-topic, please report it instead of simply telling people they're off-topic.
Sorry about that, I thought people were Kanto/Johto in the wrong topic, but the movie does hints the Sinnoh remake, and people want to back to Kanto to helo celebrate the 20th anniversary. I was trying to prevent to fight between Kanto and Sinnoh from happening. I would like to see either of those of games. It would be bad to have Kanto or Sinnoh. It could go either way. But the thing is @Soki, I'm worried that either pokemon game coming this year or next year.

I think a remake of DP could be interesting if they revamp bits of it to show the beginning of Aether Foundation's research.

I hope for Arceus's sake that only Type:Null references are made. I want the game to be pure Sinnoh whether it's a sequel or a remake.

If we get sequels to Sinnoh, we probably going to see some new characters and new rivals, something like Black 2/White 2.

Let wait for E3 in next Mouth maybe Nintendo announce Pokémon Gen 4 remakes also Stars on both 3DS & Switch plus Classic Gen 2 on Virtual Console.

Let wait for E3 in next Mouth maybe Nintendo announce Pokémon Gen 4 remakes also Stars on both 3DS & Switch plus Classic Gen 2 on Virtual Console.
Woah, that a bit much, they can only release one game a year, it could be either Diamond/Pearl Remake or Stars. As for Gold/Silver/Crystal Virtual Console, they can release this year or next year. But having all that in one year is a bit too much IMO.

We seem to be getting some very mixed message from Nintendo/GameFreak/Pokemon. Perhaps that is part of the plan.

As far as I'm concerned there's a valid case with strong evidence to be made for any of the follwing

* Alola 3rd version
* Kanto sequel (possibly Johto as well
* DP remakes
* Gap year

All of which have strong evidence backing them up, which if were not to be the case would leave you asking questions about why certain moves were made, all would break some form of pre established pattern.

But we already have remake of Red/Blue

Which, since RS were remade with ORAS, has become the oldest game and next in line for a "remake." This is the first time that the next game "in line" is itself a remake.

Now they can do a Kanto/Johto reboot/remaster, that would be better. Since the 20th movie points to the possible next and a lot of hints and reference from Sun/Moon, it's likely possible.

This is exactly what I've been saying. I'm actually not arguing for a remake. That would be silly tbh, especially with the Virtual Console release last year. Talk about boring. But I believe a Kanto revisit in the form of SM sequels or something like that is likely. And, it would follow that this SM sequel in Kanto would also function as like a "20 years later" sequel for Kanto. Perfect, right?

That fucking land in Vermilion City with the Machop pounding the land will finally have a goddamn building on it!

As for Diamond/Pearl, okay yes it's the 10th anniversary of Diamond/Pearl, and yes it's time for remake.

This year is actually Diamond and Pearl's 11th anniversary, not 10th. Besides, ORAS came out during the 12th anniversary year of RS, whereas HGSS were the 10th anniversary. I'm honestly expecting DP remakes in 2019 (5 years after ORAS) or 2020 (their 14th anniversary).

In Sun/Moon, we have a lot of reference and hints toward Sinnoh

There were a lot of references and hints to every past region--but Kanto had way more than the rest (including Sinnoh).

along with 20th movie showing popular pokemon, Piplup and Lucario (also Luxray because of the toys, so he'll likely to appear in the movie also). With those hints and reference is a possibility of a Sinnoh Remake next.

Obviously we'll have to agree to disagree on this. I've said time and time again how these cameos likely don't matter at all when there are references to the whole series, again with Kanto in the lead as usual. (Not saying I like it, but it's true). Besides, there is no way they would do DP remakes on the 3DS. If nothing else, DPPt are still playable on 3DS.

It could go either way, but demanding it, is not going to help. The one person says "Kanto needs more than Sinnoh because it's the 20th anniversary" and the person says "Sinnoh need more because it's didn't get it remake, so Sinnoh is more demanding than Kanto". See demanding the games and fighting over it is not going to help.

I don't believe anybody is doing this that I recall... we're just debating different opinions, observations, and ideas.

Woah, that a bit much, they can only release one game a year, it could be either Diamond/Pearl Remake or Stars. As for Gold/Silver/Crystal Virtual Console, they can release this year or next year. But having all that in one year is a bit too much IMO.

RBY released on Virtual Console and we got Sun/Moon on 3DS in the same year (2016).

Also, FRLG and Emerald came in the same year, as well (2004, iirc).

However, I agree that there's no way we're getting X remakes and Stars at once. It's much much much more likely to be one main game/pair (like Stars) and GSC on 3DS VC.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom