• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes since it's obvious now how the future will go, Sinnoh definitely comes in either 2019 or 2020 depending when Gen VIII comes out and if there's a gap in between.

God hopefully only two years more.

I can't say I'm all too interested in Sinnoh being remade just yet. Platinum to me is still a solid game without a-lot of problems, and the game mechanics are close enough to where we are today that it doesn't feel terribly dated to me. I think it should have a bit more time to age. Maybe next gen.

DP remakes would be enjoyable on the Switch! I'd like to see story ties to Alola, Mega Sinnoh and Johto Starters, and a revamped Distortion world!

Though I'd prefer sequels to remakes, I'll not complain, whichever we get, as long as it's Sinnoh.

That hinges on whether or not they want two generations for Switch, or alternatively (which is more likely), if the system is going to outlive the 3DS.

But three HD regions in a row sound very unlikely. That's why I am done expecting anything truly interesting.

After GS was announced to be coming to the Virtual Console, I now believe GF won't remake any games anymore, and instead port them over to the VC.

After GS was announced to be coming to the Virtual Console, I now believe GF won't remake any games anymore, and instead port them over to the VC.

They said themselves in an interview about the Virtual Console games that they are still interested in making remakes. According to them, the VC ports are not replacing remakes.

They said that since GS had been ported, we would be getting ports instead of remakes. The logic in that implies that Game Freak would be doing ports instead of remakes, but PkmnTrainV pointed out that GS had remakes, so it doesn't make sense to declare ports have replaced remakes-both games with ports so far have had both.

I don't see DP being remade for as long as the 3DS is relevant. This thread is like the one for RS remakes from 2010-2011, except with much fewer posts despite being over 3 years old.
What does the bolded have to do with this topic?

Asking people what their post has to do with the topic has nothing to do with the topic either, so please move on ;)
Err, YES IT DOES. What if (s)he's secretly insinuating that DP won't get remade AT ALL due to low demand?!:mad:

Lol, jk. I was just curious since that line just seemed so uneccesary to me, but...gotcha, mod;)

Anyways...I don't think we're getting DP remakes anytime soon, tbh. Definitely not this year, since USUM is already coming this November. And next year is pretty unlikely too, as I think we're gonna get another gap year seeing that we got releases last year AND this year. So I'm guessing...2019 or 2020? Just my prediction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom