• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The official information about the movie ending makes just as much a big deal about the singer being known for the Jirachi movie's ending as it does about the Oracion song. And the latter wasn't an ending theme 10 years ago - it was a song used in the movie itself.

They most likely just picked the most famous singer and song from the previous movies. I'd think that the dubbed Lugia's song would be more popular in the west, but its Japanese counterpart wasn't very special.

At any rate, movie music doesn't foreshadow games.

Last edited:
This is coming from someone who has Gen 4 as his favourite gen, but i don't want a remake.

The majority of the fanbase now has this mentality that every gen eventually has to be remade and i honestly hate that quite a lot. Instead of coming up with new games, a lot of people just want the old games but with prettier graphics and i'm honestly sick of this. It's just a pointless exercise and wasted resources that could be going to actual new games.

And then there's the argument that i despise "Making a remake for the new generation of players". Why? Just tell them to buy a physical copy of Platinum or put that game in the Virtual Console. Do we really need to waste a bunch of resources and time just so the new players can play it?

I guess i'm just sick and tired of remakes because a vast majority are just lame cash grabs that only exist to cash in on people's nostalgia. And to me that's disgusting.

Last edited:
This is coming from someone who has Gen 4 his favourite gen, but i don't want a remake.

The majority of the fanbase now has this mentality that every gen eventually has to be remade and i honestly hate that quite a lot. Instead of coming up with new games, a lot of people just want the old games but with prettier graphics and i'm honestly sick of this. It's just a pointless exercise and wasted resources that could be going to actual new games.

And then there's the argument that i despise "Making a remake for the new generation of players". Why? Just tell them to buy a physical copy of Platinum or put that game in the Virtual Console. Do we really need to waste a bunch of resources and time just so the new players can play it?

I guess i'm just sick and tired of remakes because a vast majority are just lame cash grabs that only exist to cash in on people's nostalgia. And to me that's disgusting.

Then how about Sinnoh sequels?

I haven't experiences Sinnoh before, and I don't have a single console except my future switch. So I'd like to see how the region is like, the Pokemon, and all of that.

Remakes provide a way for the old regions to be fresh again with new storyline and lore. The graphics are ab extra bonus. I don't mind sequels over remakes or the other way round. I just want a revisit. The amount of changes cab vary.

I wouldn't mind either DP remake or sequel (I would prefer DP Sequels), either way I really want to revisit sinnoh. If GF did sequel, maybe it's the first they would change up the pokemon concept, like the did US/UM with an "Alternate Version"

With Ultra space getting it's huge expansion like they did Distortion World in Platinum, I wonder if this'll hint toward Sinnoh Remake/Sequel.

Cynthia isn't in the movie. The linked summary says that it's probably a different character and another summary says that the woman has brown hair and an Empoleon, which Cynthia doesn't. The hair color is probably dirty blonde like Serena's.

I still think that Piplup and Lucario are just in the movie due to their popularity in Japan. They want kids to buy their merchandise, and probably don't care about foreshadowing any games that obviously won't be released this year.

Last edited:

Damn, this movie sounds like a bit of a mess. Just from the summary, I can already understand why people are saying it was meh. Sounds like they tried to do way too many things at the same time and ended up with a bunch of clutter without anything being fully developed. The only things that sound even slightly coherent are the progression of Charmander to Charizard, and
Ho-Oh coming full circle to save Ash.
But hey, maybe the summary guy was being too harsh. Maybe it's not all bad. Sounds shaky though.

Last edited:
Charmander's progression may be coherent, but it is far less compelling than the original story.

And the culmination of the Ho-Oh angle is banal. It obviously mirrors Ash's slightly ambiguous death in the first movie, and to make matters worse, nothing interesting happens after Ash is revived. He just battles Ho-Oh and loses, lol. It makes the whole premise so reductive and disappointing after 20 years.

But the movie thread is the right place for this discussion.

IMG_0807.JPG

I originally posted this back at RM, but I thought this could add something to the discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom