• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys please only use spoiler tags when there's actual spoilers or large images involved, and in the case of images at least sort of elaborate what's in the spoiler so people know what they're clicking for ;)

Last edited:
I would prefer Sinnoh Sequel, or "Alternate Version" of Sinnoh is the best way to celebrate the 12th anniversary of DP. A sequel would be a story changer in Sinnoh instead of a remake.

How about we play Platinum again, but from the viewpoint from Cyrus? I know this will probably never happen. But it's fun to think of other possibilities than just remakes or sequels.

How about we play Platinum again, but from the viewpoint from Cyrus? I know this will probably never happen. But it's fun to think of other possibilities than just remakes or sequels.
I doubt they'll remake Platinum, because they don't remake third game, Instead of them remake the originals and put some Third game DLC like Expansion of third game, I would prefer an entire different story, that's where sequel will come in.

I doubt they'll remake Platinum, because they don't remake third game, Instead of them remake the originals and put some Third game DLC like Expansion of third game, I would prefer an entire different story, that's where sequel will come in.
There's always a first time for everything. Just because we haven't received a remake of a third version before doesn't mean that we'll never receive one. I'm actually hoping that Sinnoh is where they finally buck the trend. Platinum is a big fan-favorite and seeing a remake of it would elate many people's happiness levels.

There's always a first time for everything. Just because we haven't received a remake of a third version before doesn't mean that we'll never receive one. I'm actually hoping that Sinnoh is where they finally buck the trend. Platinum is a big fan-favorite and seeing a remake of it would elate many people's happiness levels.
The whole purpose of Remake, is too remake the originals, especially like paired game like DP would increase the sale, having it on single pair like Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum would decrease the sales. So far GF been putting Third game add-ons the original remake, Tbh, I don't want DP remake to be like ORAS with Delta Episode instead of Delta Emerald. If TPC and Gf would do something for Sinnoh, I would prefer it to be a Sequel than remake with the dual pairs, probably something similar how B2W2 was done especially how US/UM was done (although, we don't know what the game is like yet).

They can remake Platinum but they're still gonna act like it's Diamond/Pearl

They can remake Platinum but they're still gonna act like it's Diamond/Pearl

I don't think anyone actually expects them to remake Platinum as much as they expect them to include its content. That was the whole issue with ORAS, no one was really saying "I want a Delta Emerald", they were saying "I want Emerald content in ORAS". The outrage was because everyone expected ORAS to include things like the Battle Frontier and it didn't, so remaking Platinum and acting like it's DP is pretty much what the fanbase wants anyway.

Please no. Diamond and Pearl already have an 'Alternate Version' and it is called "Pokémon Platinum".

Alternate version (from what we know at the time of posting) is just a fancy name for a third (in this case third AND fourth) versions.
Okay we'll stick with Sinnoh Sequels then.

I have to say I wouldn't mind if they just stuck to remakes and I hope they would include all the features of Platinum. Yes I know some of you guys would love sequels but I just love the idea of seeing my favorite generation updated with beautiful graphics, new Pokemon, and brand new features.

Just played through Platinum again, and most of the changes in the game are merely aesthetic or fixes/enhancements to DP with plot the same but fleshed out aside from the climax which adds the giratina-distortion world stuff.

So GF really has no excuses not to add Platinum's enhancements this time as it barely conflicts with anything in DP unlike Emerald, especially Charon and Looker, the latter who is important to the series as a whole.

What do people think they will do in regards to Charon in the remakes, considering he was the one to discover Rotom's alternate formes so he is important to the story and they can't ignore him.

I don't see any reason why they would retcon the fact of Charon being the one who discovered Rotom - that happened long before the Kanto story back when Charon was a child, so it's pre-series lore and logically shouldn't be affected by any changes. Certainly nothing said in the games since Platinum has contradicted it.

But I wouldn't really mind it if they rewrote him to focus on Giratina in a post-game plot instead of simply recreating the existing sidequest he has with Heatran, which is just stupid. Maybe they could reposition him as some sort of hardcore nihilist who got in with Team Galactic because he felt they had potential as resource. Cyrus is, on some level, an idealist who wants to rebuild the world in what he believes is a better image, but maybe Charon has no hope and just wants to burn it all down. Hence, Cyrus could be the one to go after Dialga or Palkia, while Charon would have interest in exploiting the Distortion World's universe-balancing properties.

Last edited:
What I'm saying is that they might ignore Charon completely in the remakes as he is a Platinum only character and the fact that he did barely anything in the game aside from the small post-game plot he got.

I won't even be surprised if they introduce a completely new commander and discard Charon after seeing what ORAS did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom