• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah there's no way they're releasing DP remakes before a brand new gen in general. There won't be anymore new games on the 3DS and there's NO WAY they'll jump onto the Switch with a remake. I doubt we'll see DP remakes until 2020 or 2021. And that's especially if the new gen comes out in 2019. Also they said no more Pokemon games on the 3DS period. There's not even room for semantics by saying that remakes aren't part of the main series. That doesn't even make any sense anyway. It's VERY weird that they're releasing all this gen 4 merch, but at the same time it's not happening yet and people need to calm down lol

do I see there a mega stone?
Really thre should be remakes, maybe they will surprise us like they did with xy.

Yeah there's no way they're releasing DP remakes before a brand new gen in general. There won't be anymore new games on the 3DS and there's NO WAY they'll jump onto the Switch with a remake. I doubt we'll see DP remakes until 2020 or 2021. And that's especially if the new gen comes out in 2019. Also they said no more Pokemon games on the 3DS period. There's not even room for semantics by saying that remakes aren't part of the main series. That doesn't even make any sense anyway. It's VERY weird that they're releasing all this gen 4 merch, but at the same time it's not happening yet and people need to calm down lol
They might. Look at how much they changed things up. Did you expect that they would ever remove gyms, have evolving legendaries, or have new Pokemon be introduced in the middle of a generation?

They might. Look at how much they changed things up. Did you expect that they would ever remove gyms, have evolving legendaries, or have new Pokemon be introduced in the middle of a generation?
Yeah but this different though, introducing a generation isn't different, this is GF gamefreak, they change things up because the fans always something, but it exactly the way they were expecting, see GF always surprise the fans:
  • In Gen V after we got BW, the fans were expecting Gray, but that didn't happen instead of third game, we got a sequel to BW instead
  • The fans were expecting a Gen III remake in Gen V, that didn't happen, and we didn't get the remake till Gen VII
  • After XY, the fans were expecting a third game to Z, but instead not only we got remake of ruby and sapphire, but it's also a sequel to XY, plus GF wanted to focus on 20th anniversary, which is a reason 2015 got a break year.
  • Finally after SM, and one day before the pokemon direct was announce, the fans were expecting stars, DP Remake, but instead not only we got USUM, it splitted into two game, which the fans thinking it's a sequel, but it's confirmed to be a alternate storyline similar to Emerald and Platinum.
The thing was different that only regard to the third game, sequels, and remake itself, not the new generation, Yes SM was a big game changer with trials, kahuna, evolving legendaries, but it's not like they'll drop everything and introduce remake first on a new system. It's more likely than Gen 8 with new region, new pokemons, gyms, etc.

The thing is, all of these changes added things. Even when a game lacked gyms, it had something new to replace it. Starting with remakes would only remove things, because it would start a generation without any new Pokemon.

The thing is, all of these changes added things. Even when a game lacked gyms, it had something new to replace it. Starting with remakes would only remove things, because it would start a generation without any new Pokemon.

They can add Pokémon to a remake like they dud to USUM, but they can't add stuff like Starters and the game would be set in an old region.

They can add Pokémon to a remake like they dud to USUM, but they can't add stuff like Starters and the game would be set in an old region.
That's entirely different from USUM, we got form changes, 2 new UBs, especially GF was considering new alolan forms, but they decide to scrap those ideas to focus more on the switch, so I don't think actually new pokemon introduce in Gen IV remake is likely. Although in DP, they do have new evolution for old pokemon, we could see something similar, but i could be wrong.

That's entirely different from USUM, we got form changes, 2 new UBs, especially GF was considering new alolan forms, but they decide to scrap those ideas to focus more on the switch, so I don't think actually new pokemon introduce in Gen IV remake is likely. Although in DP, they do have new evolution for old pokemon, we could see something similar, but i could be wrong.
You got the number of new UBs incorrect. There are actually 4.

Yeah but this different though, introducing a generation isn't different, this is GF gamefreak, they change things up because the fans always something, but it exactly the way they were expecting, see GF always surprise the fans:
except those "surprises" are removed from their contexts. if you include the outside factors, none of these are actually Game Freak consciously making decisions that will catch fans off guard so much as choices that will bring in the most $$$ that just happen to deviate what they've done before. i mean just going down the list:

1. BW2 did start as Gray until Nintendo suggest-told Game Freak to make it sequels instead of...well whatever Gray was going to be.
  2. hoping for Gen 3 remakes after the 3DS was announced, let alone the release of BW2, would've been woefully naive. Game Freak didn't 'surprise' fans by doing the remakes in 6 instead of 5, they just made the practical business choice.
  3. if a Z-game was ever in the planning stages, it was obviously shelved in favor of ORAS and SM to avoid over-saturating Pokemon releases, focus on the anniversary, and focus on marketing SM.
  4. despite spending the latter half of Gen 6 talking about wanting to surprise fans (their reason as to why no Z), Game Freak flips back and releases USUM simply because they needed their experienced devs on Pokemon Switch and having a one-game generation would be a waste.

none of these are chosen as surprises for fans. they're simply practical business decisions that go against people's general expectations.

Sorry for double posting, but I want to revive the thread. But guys, what do you guys think that they'll do with DP's dual screen features, given that the Switch has only one screen?

Sorry for double posting, but I want to revive the thread. But guys, what do you guys think that they'll do with DP's dual screen features, given that the Switch has only one screen?

I guess the PoketcP will have a menu. Idk.
I personally would have pregepref DP remakes on a plattform that uses two screens.

Probably like PokeGear from HGSS. It'll have a separate menu. I can see it working though dual screen version seem slightly more convenient.

I finally decided that since we still don't really know what game we are getting next (even though hands are pointing to Gen 8), I would give in and play DPPt. Couple weeks ago on the way home from class I stopped at Gamestop and picked up a copy of platinum. While I've been busy and have not devoted too much time to it, I must say I am enjoying it thus far. I like the region and the music is pretty fun. I look forward to when it gets a remake even more now.

As for the menu thing, I could see them doing something similar to like they did in Splatoon 2. In the original Splatoon, the map was on the gamepad, and you would just tap on it to jump to one of your partners, while you actually played the game viewing the TV screen. In Splatoon 2, you can bring up the map simply by pressing the X button (pretty sure that's the one. It's so automatic now that I forget a lot of the buttons). Each of your teammates has a button assigned to them that you can press to jump to them, leaving one button to jump back to the spawn point. As for this DP remake (or the swtich game in general). You can activate the menu by pressing a key, and each option have a key assigned to it for quick menu movement, or you can just use the control stick to move from option to option till you hit the one you want. Hope that sounded okay and didn't confuse anyone. It was kind of tough to eplain, but I think that might be a good option. Knowing GF, they'll figure out something that works.

An easy solution would be the possibility to swipe down on the screen in order to utilize the Pokewatch, just like how you swipe down the screen of an iPhone in order to open the Control Panel.

Hello guys i am borji and this is my first post here i am well know active user thread in generation 8 leaks rumours fakes but actually i forced navigate in forums and reading your opinions thankfully for that i make theory i dont consider its bad or good or its the buts but let me try guys
my theory or my idea or concept its use world of distorsion like platinum like a place for navegate or dimensions or place for catch pokemon or specific legendaries this place and forehand the concept ultra beast gather all his concept too and its all in one the fact its i want that place more things to do dont only capture giratina in post game because that place its good for doing more things

About graphics my idea its or game freak modeling for 2 roads
road 1: anime-ish graphics but the same time 3d but improved
road 2: like colosseum or XD and minus anime ish

I'm sure Gamefreak learned their lesson after DP's release. HGSS and ORAS proved they're willing to deviate from the original games' regional dex.

HGSS and ORAS only really proved that they're willing to throw in cross gen evos to the dex. There's really no precedence for a regional dex expansion being included in a remake, as Platinum was the first game to include one. That being said, I do expect Platinum's dex to be in simply because the dex variety (especially with Fire types) was a major complaint with DP and only including DP's dex would reopen old wounds. But then again, Game Freak never really seems to make the smart decision so it's hard to say for sure.

What I'd really like to see though is for the dex to even go beyond Platinum's and include Pokemon not seen in even Platinum that aren't cross gen evos. Like, it'd be interesting to play with some 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th gen families in this game, that would really be an interesting experience. Really something they should've done with ORAS as Hoenn's dex variety is pretty much in the same boat as DP but it'd still be interesting to see with Sinnoh. Even with Platinum's expansion Sinnoh could still use a few more Dragons since it only has Garchomp and Altaria.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom