• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
HGSS and ORAS only really proved that they're willing to throw in cross gen evos to the dex. There's really no precedence for a regional dex expansion being included in a remake, as Platinum was the first game to include one. That being said, I do expect Platinum's dex to be in simply because the dex variety (especially with Fire types) was a major complaint with DP and only including DP's dex would reopen old wounds. But then again, Game Freak never really seems to make the smart decision so it's hard to say for sure.

What I'd really like to see though is for the dex to even go beyond Platinum's and include Pokemon not seen in even Platinum that aren't cross gen evos. Like, it'd be interesting to play with some 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th gen families in this game, that would really be an interesting experience. Really something they should've done with ORAS as Hoenn's dex variety is pretty much in the same boat as DP but it'd still be interesting to see with Sinnoh. Even with Platinum's expansion Sinnoh could still use a few more Dragons since it only has Garchomp and Altaria.

They probably kept the FRLG dex the same as the Gen I one to please the Gen I purists and maybe because the Kanto Pokédex corresponds to the beginning of the National Pokédex.

They probably kept the FRLG dex the same as the Gen I one to please the Gen I purists and maybe because the Kanto Pokédex corresponds to the beginning of the National Pokédex.

Well they started out that way with Kanto, but they got more and more liberal as the remakes went on. Still though, they never made that jump with ORAS when it could've used it which is what's questionable. Throwing in all of the cross gen evos helps the dex a little, but not nearly enough to fix the problem. They would've needed to add completely new families that weren't in RSE to fix that.

Since dppt remakes will likely be on the switch I just want to say it's funny how the remakes we did get so far didn't have a bottom screen and then got one, and now the first remake of a DS game will have no bottom screen xD

FRLG is the exception to that rule. Both the original and the remake were released before dual screen gaming existed.

Last edited:
Sinnoh is one region I'd really love to explore in 3D. Since the games will more than likely be on the Switch, I hope GF creates an immersive experience.

Since the remake will be on the Switch, I think that alone's worth a second look. Cyrus is one of my favorite team leaders of all-time, too, so there's that. I know everyone has a lot of hopes for things to come, but I personally hope they avoid voice acting. And if they do include it, make it an option to use the Japanese dialogue, or make it like BotW and use talking cutscenes sparingly.

I'm a sucker for Pokemon so I'll probably buy it regardless. (Also 104 pages? You guys must really want a remake of this game!)

I'm wondering, in USUM, it looks like Bad team leader conquered the region and manage to capture the legendary pokemon, failed to do so in Diamond/Pearl, and Platinum (because Giratina interrupt his plan), so if he'd succeed in Diamond/Pearl, what that leave with remake, will it be a remake or will it be something different for DP?

I'm wondering, in USUM, it looks like Bad team leader conquered the region and manage to capture the legendary pokemon, failed to do so in Diamond/Pearl, and Platinum (because Giratina interrupt his plan), so if he'd succeed in Diamond/Pearl, what that leave with remake, will it be a remake or will it be something different for DP?
The Cyrus in USUM was from a different dimension in which he had succeeded in his plans. Not from DPPt or their future remakes. In those universes the protagonist or Giratina foils his plans. So the remakes would have nothing to do with USUM's Cyrus.

Although I wouldn't mind if that Cyrus comes to this Sinnoh as a part of some post game arc.

The Cyrus in USUM was from a different dimension in which he had succeeded in his plans. Not from DPPt or their future remakes. In those universes the protagonist or Giratina foils his plans. So the remakes would have nothing to do with USUM's Cyrus.

Although I wouldn't mind if that Cyrus comes to this Sinnoh as a part of some post game arc.

This world needs more Cyrus. He came from a time where Pokemon villains were just starting to learn how to express themselves.

Fire type variants would be nice, but what Sinnoh really needs is more Dragons. The only Dragons in the Sinnoh Dex, even with Platinum's expansion, were Garchomp and Altaria. If they're adding variants to the game, that should definitely change. This might be a good time for a Bug/Dragon Flygon variant, which they could stick in Rt.212S to actually give you a reason to go there (besides the Move Tutor).

I wonder now, if Gen VIII is coming this year, would that mean that gens lasting 2 years would become the norm so GF can make quicker $$$? If so, that could mean that DP remakes won't come before 2021.

I wonder now, if Gen VIII is coming this year, would that mean that gens lasting 2 years would become the norm so GF can make quicker $$$? If so, that could mean that DP remakes won't come before 2021.

I think you’re making too many assumptions there to make an educated guess on the DPPt remake year...

Keeping in account recent rumours the release schedule could go these ways:

Schedule 1

Kanto Game -2018
Generation 8- 2019
Break- 2020
Remakes- 2021

(This is unlikely imo since Gamefreak probably needs a break after working so much from the first Switch game. But there have been rumours that GF had more than one Switch game in development so its possible...)

Schedule 2

Kanto Game - 2018
Break - 2019
Generation 8 - 2020
Remakes- 2021

So... in my opinion the remakes are quite likely to be released in 2021.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom