• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not? The Switch is likely to get supported by Game Freak until 2023-2024.
I don't think that they will support the Switch for that long. Nintendo will eventually develop a successor. And, I think that DP remakes will be made for that console.

I also don't really think that they will release two remakes for the same console.

And they haven’t 'remade' a region twice. Your point?

Depending on what exactly LGPE is, it may be not a remake at all. A Kanto revisit has disturbed the remake schedule so we cannot say anything right now.

I think we should have gotten these remakes last year instead of USUM.
Also, GF supported the DS for 6 years, and they take their time before jumping to a new platform.

EDIT: Aren't these Kanto games believe to be Gen VIII?

I'm pretty sure the imminent Kanto game is Gen VIII. Rumors are that you can visit more than one region, and one of the regions being. DP remakes are highly likely.

if they give us johto megas here, then Feraligatr potential dragon candidate.
Gen 5 Carracosta also would be nice.

But maybe they could implement Tyrantrum you know how?

I was talking about Fire-type variants on the Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread the other day. I came up with a Fire-type Clauncher based on a mantis shrimp.

(By the way, I initially wanted to get X for Clauncher, but I got Y instead, and I can't remember why.)
This might be a good time for a Bug/Dragon Flygon variant
I never liked the idea of Flygon being a Bug-type. It seems too boring. Ditto with Yanmega being a Dragon-type, because there's noting draconic about its design, and it only makes sense in English. In Japan, the animals associated with dragons are seahorses.

(Is Bulbagarden Forums being slow for anyone else?)

Last edited:
Reactions: Zeb
In thread 5/29/18
Please remember to keep all rumors, leaks, and speculations to their appropriate thread. This is a spoiler free thread and is for the discussion of a possible future Gen IV Remake. Thank you.

(Is Bulbagarden Forums being slow for anyone else?)
(Yes)

Anyways. In the discussion of the remake: it would be nice if they did an in game event with darkrai and cresselia. I want to be able to go to the island without it being a download event.

I was talking about Fire-type variants on the Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread the other day. I came up with a Fire-type Clauncher based on a mantis shrimp.

Could be cool - Sinnoh wouldn't mind more Fire-types and mantis shrimp are cool as cucumbers.

Though I did always imagine a mantis shrimp being a Fighting type, just because of them kinda being the crustacean version of One-Punch Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom