• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm amazed I ever beat Diamond as a kid. I know I'm not the only one who got confused by the guy blocking Route 222, because there was a letter about it in a magazine called Pokémon World.

“Mercilessly butchered” is putting it quite dramatically for some of those. They pretty much don’t have a choice but to cut the Game Corner if they want to retain their E rating, and the only difference with the Safari Zone is that they took the restrictions off. (On the one hand, yeah it makes it just the same as any other route with wild Pokémon, but on the other, I think it’s nice to no longer be at the mercy of the Pokémon choosing to run away - to split the difference, I think they probably could have retained the step limit, or maybe just done something with PokéBlocks. Their approach was flawed, but not abhorrent.)

And then I’d argue that Trainer Hill was more-or-less reworked into the Mauville Food Court. It’s not the same exact challenge, but it’s still taking very similar cues, and it’s like right next door to where the Hill used to be. (Not that Trainer [Tower] was really Emerald’s feature to begin with.)
I am aware that "mercilessly butchered" was a dramatic exaggeration, but still. Some of the omissions are just so counterintuitive I can't help it but be dramatic.

But to be honest, the BF and Gym Leader rematches would have been enough to shut me up.

That said, I expect Sinnoh remakes to be even more "butchered".

It will be sad seeing the feature to dress up Pokemon for Pokemon Contests go away, but I guess it's a thing that can't be brought back in a 3D environment. The only one I see it being implemented is Pikachu because well, it's the mascot.

It will be sad seeing the feature to dress up Pokemon for Pokemon Contests go away, but I guess it's a thing that can't be brought back in a 3D environment. The only one I see it being implemented is Pikachu because well, it's the mascot.
Actually they have shown that they still can do it in a way. The dress up was basically putting stickers on, and with Alola photo club, we know they know how to do that. There isn’t anything preventing them from doing it.

In all seriousness, Mega Raichu based on Gorochu.

This is basically No. 1 on my wish list next to Mega Typhlosion. I always felt it was unfair that Pikachu had lots of bells and whistles, Pichu has a form and one of the most prominent baby Pokémon, and Alolan Raichu ended up with an exclusive Z-Move, leaving regular Raichu with almost no incentive to use.
Doesn’t help that putting a thunderstone on Pikachu is treated as a sin by the anime and almost all Raichu are jerks there.

Electric/Fire would be a nice type for it, followed by Electric/Dark and Electric/Fighting.
It should be a physical attacker to contrast with Alolan Raichu's special nature.

Actually they have shown that they still can do it in a way. The dress up was basically putting stickers on, and with Alola photo club, we know they know how to do that. There isn’t anything preventing them from doing it.
That's good, if they allow us to place stickers anywhere, then the feature is essentially brought back.

I wonder how Amity Square will work now that following Pokemon is possible with any Pokemon.

Looks like prime real estate to be converted into GO Park

There’s not much sense in doing that to the Great Marsh since it is a lot more specifically “themed” than all the other Safari Zones. It’s much less about being a Safari Zone and much more about being a bog inhabited by bog Pokémon.

Looks like prime real estate to be converted into GO Park

There’s not much sense in doing that to the Great Marsh since it is a lot more specifically “themed” than all the other Safari Zones. It’s much less about being a Safari Zone and much more about being a bog inhabited by bog Pokémon.
I doubt either will be converted into GO Park. If anything, I think it will replace Pal Park since Pokemon Bank is a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom