• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't even think it will be a Let's Go remake. So the odds of a GO Park appearing in Sinnoh at this time is very unlikely anyways.

I doubt either will be converted into GO Park. If anything, I think it will replace Pal Park since Pokemon Bank is a thing.

I don't even think it will be a Let's Go remake. So the odds of a GO Park appearing in Sinnoh at this time is very unlikely anyways.

I’ve got plenty more cynicism where that came from:

Game Freak: “So, people don’t want Let’s Go remakes of Sinnoh? Alrighty, then let’s just take away the Walking Pokémon feature once again so that we can restrict it to Amity Square... :sneaky: Gotta ‘stay true to the originals...’”

I’ve got plenty more cynicism where that came from:

Game Freak: “So, people don’t want Let’s Go remakes of Sinnoh? Alrighty, then let’s just take away the Walking Pokémon feature once again so that we can restrict it to Amity Square... :sneaky: Gotta ‘stay true to the originals...’”

Is it bad that I'm prepared to make the sacrifice if it’s the only way to get a Non-Let's Go Sinnoh remake?

Meh, I don't really care if they limit following Pokemon to Amity Square so a Sinnoh remake will be a traditional one.

Is it bad that I'm prepared to make the sacrifice if it’s the only way to get a Non-Let's Go Sinnoh remake?

Walking Pokémon is a great feature, but I do find that it is easy to go without - which makes sense, considering that it’s been unavailable for 98% of the games’ existence.

Nah. As cool as the feature is, I think everyone would survive for us to have a proper remake. Now if they made everyone but us walking with Pokémon, then that would be an issue.

Meh, I don't really care if they limit following Pokemon to Amity Square so a Sinnoh remake will be a traditional one.
Then you will get a Let's Go remake without following Pokemon, except for the new starters. HMs will make their glorious return due to the lack of riding.

After going through Platinum's main story, short of putting a sign post at every end of a road, or having a literal traveling companion in vein of anime!Brock/Misty who drags you around, Sinnoh is not the optimal region for a Let's Go remake without completely butchering the region.

Then you will get a Let's Go remake without following Pokemon, except for the new starters. HMs will make their glorious return due to the lack of riding.
Based on SM, I don’t think this is necessarily the case. You can leave out both following Pokémon and HMs without a problem

Based on SM, I don’t think this is necessarily the case. You can leave out both following Pokémon and HMs without a problem
I was being pessimistic. But I'd it find it sad if they regressed from following Pokemon to the forced feature that was PokeRide.

There's only one Rotom in all of Sinnoh.

Decided to do some digging on Rotom's locations.
Actually it’s in game trade exclusive/island scan exclusive in all regions except Kalos which has one in trash cans.
I was mistaken on Rotom's native status and I apologise for the mistake.

Doesn’t change the fact that if Rotom can be brought over to Alola, it can be brought over to Kalos.

While I agree that Diamond and Pearl are badly-structured, I feel nostalgic for aimlessly wandering around in Diamond until I figured out where I was supposed to go. It made finishing the game feel like more of an accomplishment. I don't get that feeling from games any more, and I think it's because I'm good at video games now.

Last edited:
Here's some thought, are they going to lock wild Pokemon from Gen 5 onwards until the postgame like they did with ORAS? There are some obvious places to have them appear like Tympole appearing in the Great Marsh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom