• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's some thought, are they going to lock wild Pokemon from Gen 5 onwards until the postgame like they did with ORAS? There are some obvious places to have them appear like Tympole appearing in the Great Marsh.

Based on historical precedent, probably, although it should be noted that ORAS actually didn’t lock their post-Gen 3 National Dex offerings until the post-game. They became available as soon as you defeated or caught Groudon/Kyogre.

Who said they would?
I have previously expressed concern that the Pokemon company may replace traditional remakes with the let's go series. I hope they don't but I could see it making sense. For example, if LGPE sales on par with new generation games vs traditional remakes. Also in an effort not to confuse the casual audience with two sets of remakes.

I have previously expressed concern that the Pokemon company may replace traditional remakes with the let's go series. I hope they don't but I could see it making sense. For example, if LGPE sales on par with new generation games vs traditional remakes. Also in an effort not to confuse the casual audience with two sets of remakes.
I mean, the remakes would have different names. It wouldn't be like Wii and Wii U. They can easily distinguish remakes by their names.

Here's some thought, are they going to lock wild Pokemon from Gen 5 onwards until the postgame like they did with ORAS? There are some obvious places to have them appear like Tympole appearing in the Great Marsh.
they could provide the possibility receiving post gen 5 pokemon by trading with some npcs through the region. It wouldn't hurt.

I don’t see them remaking anything beyond Johto for the Let's Go format. The other regions simply don’t hold the same popularity and general appeal among the masses like Kanto/Johto.

Not to mention GameFreak's aim is clear- they want it to be the first game for a bunch of children who then become Pokémon fans. They’re unlikely to reject games just because a Let's Go label isn’t on them.

Sorry, guys. With the new release of LG Pikachu/Eevee you'll be waiting a while longer for those remakes.

But they know games set in older regions sell and that's exactly what a Gen 4 remake is going to be. Also, Nintendo is going to have to sell even more Switch consoles if they want to extend it's life for a total of 10 years. So, either way, a Gen 4 remake on the Switch is even more of a possibility than not.

Past precedent says yes, but they could possibly break precedent this time and include newer Pokemon in an Island Scan-esque system. Maybe this time it's through the Pokeradar, which we get in the main game and works similarly to the Dex Nav, and we can use it to find non-Sinnoh Dex natives. That would be a reasonable compromise if they don't want to flood the Sinnoh Dex with Pokemon that weren't there before.

I hope that Dialga and Palkia get a permanent form change and that would be their original form in terms of lore, basically like Giratina. Not every legendary mascot form need to be this super powered temporary form.

Dialga and Palkia are most probably getting new forms, and Arceus should get one too, to become the most powerful Pokémon again and show Mega Mewtwo, Mega Rayquaza and Ultra Necrozma who’s boss.

I liked Barry’s impatience and the fact that the characters acknowledged it.

One of my wishes (which probably wouldn’t happen) is to bring Paul as a secondary rival.
That way we’ll have the friendly Barry and the more jerk-like Paul.

The Let's Go Eevee and Pikachu games have kind of dimmed my hope for a 2020 release of DPPt remakes. Well, those games dimmed my hope for the franchise's future period. Also, I hope that Barry is made less annoying, he talks too much.

Let's face it. With Pokemon becoming increasingly casual in the years since we last saw Sinnoh, Barry and the other NPCs are going to be even more annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom