• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Leave a lot of the dialogue out from the beginning, there's no need to make the beginning painfully slow like it was in Alola.

I still firmly believe that LGPE is one off. It is very clearly meant to be a stepping stone to the main series games.
Kanto and Johto are the only regions imo which can pull off the LGPE treatment. I've mentioned it in my other posts.
LGPE requires a Region, and roster with universal appeal, with Pokemon which can be recognised at a glance by the general public, and the original 151 (+Johto) are those Pokemon, not the Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova or Kalos sets.

I have an ominous feeling they’d add a Rotom-Dex like feature so that children 'don’t get lost' in the Remakes...

I have an ominous feeling they'll do way more than that. Like nerfing the game design or removing entire areas (what's next, are they going to remove the entire Battle Zone because "kids don't care about post games"). The casual obsession is strong with Game Freak.

Honestly, the only thing I want from Sinnoh in terms of game design-wise is being faster, I mean that text and surfing speeds should increase to at least be on the level of Unova or Kalos. Tutorial should still be as short as it was before, at least Game Freak kept this with all their traditional remakes in the beginning so far.

I have an ominous feeling they'll do way more than that. Like nerfing the game design or removing entire areas (what's next, are they going to remove the entire Battle Zone because "kids don't care about post games"). The casual obsession is strong with Game Freak.

I think Wayward cave is going to get drastic changes, for the better or worse, depending upon the player and their opinion on the caves.

I think Wayward cave is going to get drastic changes, for the better or worse, depending upon the player and their opinion on the caves.

Simplifying one dungeon is the least of my concerns when there's a lot of larger scale differences between Sinnoh and some of the more recent regions. I mean, no game since BW2 has really had a post game section as large as Sinnoh's Battle Zone, and they seem to be intentionally excluding them because of casuals, similar to how they excluded the Battle Frontier from ORAS. Also, the maps are larger and more complex than most of the recent regions, so will they just make everything smaller and simpler than recent games? There's just so much about the Sinnoh region as a whole that's a lot more ambitious than their recent affairs that I can't help but worry we're going to see massive omissions when they come back to it.

LGPE requires a Region, and roster with universal appeal, with Pokemon which can be recognised at a glance by the general public, and the original 151 (+Johto) are those Pokemon, not the Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova or Kalos sets.
Someone should tell Niantic to remove those Hoenn Pokemon and forget about the Sinnoh ones.

Again, this is what Masuda said:

Eurogamer: Related to that, looking forward, do you envisage there being two series of Pokémon games, say a Let's Go series and a main series like Sun and Moon - are there going to be two or are they going to come together again?

Masuda: So I'd say there's a possibility of that, should the games sell really well and obviously a lot of people play them, but right now we're really focusing on the development, and just getting a lot of people to play the games in the first place!
If LGPE are more successful than ORAS, it stands to reason that the concept will turn into a series that will be sustained at least as long as it achieves remake-tier profits.

And if it's Sinnoh's map that you're worried about, I don't think that the series the remakes fall under really matters. SM could very well be a template for the main series' map design even on the Switch.

And if it's Sinnoh's map that you're worried about, I don't think that the series the remakes fall under really matters. SM could very well be a template for the main series' map design even on the Switch.

Still problematic if any Pokemon game from here on out has smaller and simplified maps like SM. Some of the highest selling, highest reviewed, and most popular games on console are ones that have large, explorable game maps, Pokemon just isn't going to feel like a proper console experience if they don't step things up in that department. Hell, there's even games from 20 years ago, about as old as Pokemon itself, that have outdone SM's maps and games like BotW and Odyssey make even those games look small and primitive. That goes to show you where the bar is set for map design in a Switch game.

One thing I expect will be heavily simplified is Solaceon Ruins.

And Mt Coronet, needless to say.

One thing I expect will be heavily simplified is Solaceon Ruins.

And Mt Coronet, needless to say.
I think the lake guardians will now literally guide the player character step by step to solve the rock puzzle in Distortion World.

The player will now just have to follow them and push the rocks, as a 'simplification'.

If anything, the place that I believe will be the most likely one to be simplified would be Turnback Cave, but it's for story reasons as it would be a required place to go to if they have a Distortion Episode where Giratina will need to be in its Origin form outside the Distortion World as a requirement to face a Mythical Pokemon, most likely Arceus.

I am not sure they will even leave the Distortion world in the remakes. It seems like the n1 candidate to be left out of the game completely, due to how complex it is, for Pokemon standards. Besides, it only features in Platinum, meaning the developers can say they left it out to stay true to the originals or some similar backwards logic.

Last edited:
I am not sure they will even leave the Distortion world in the remakes. It seems like the n1 candidate to be left out of the game completely, due to how complex it is, for Pokemon standards. Besides, it only features in Platinum, meaning they can say they left it out to stay true to the originals or some similar backwards logic.
I mean.. if they’re going to do a Delta Episode kind- of thing with Giratina, distortion world comes with it.
Giratina lore and distortion world are almost synonymous.

I mean.. if they’re going to do a Delta Episode kind- of thing with Giratina, distortion world comes with it.
Giratina lore and distortion world are almost synonymous.
Well if they leave it in, because they want to do something with it in the remakes, I can at least see them completely re-designing/ overhauling the whole place into something like Ultra Megalopolis, to the point that the name is the only thing it has in common with the original Distortion world.

Last edited:
Well if they do something with it in the remakes, I can at least see them completely resigning the whole place into something like Ultra Megalopolis, to the point that the name is the only thing it has with the original Distortion world.

I hope that doesn’t happen... I want to see Distortion World in its full glory in 3D...
It’s going to be a much bigger deal than Battle Frontier not being in ORAS (for me, atleast) if Distortion World is excluded/made into a corridor.

I hope that doesn’t happen... I want to see Distortion World in its full glory in 3D...
It’s going to be a much bigger deal than Battle Frontier not being in ORAS (for me, atleast) if Distortion World is excluded/made into a corridor.
Well, for me Distortion World could never compare to the Battle Frontier, since Distortion World is pretty much a one-and-done area, whereas the BF is a place where I spend hundreds or thousands of hours.

Regardless of this, I do value DW for what it is, as it is a very memorable place to explore, so if they dumb it down I can see the fandom rage.

Last edited:
They'll repurpose Giratina into an Ultra Space glider.

To be honest, I find the Distortion World overrated. Sure, it has cool physics and puts Ultra Megalopolis to shame, but it's still a wasteland with one legendary and a lame "save the universe" puzzle.

Well, for me Distortion World could never compare to the Battle Frontier, since Distortion World is pretty much a one-and-done area, whereas the BF is a place where I spend hundreds or thousands of hours.

Regardless of this, I do value DW for what it is, as it is a very memorable place to explore, so if they oversimlifyoit I can see the fandom rage.

But would the target audience care?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom