• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
And maybe some new areas to explore to accommodate the National Dex doubling in size since the last time we were in Sinnoh. If we would have to go Stark Mountain to see Heatran before getting the National Dex, then we really do need more post-game areas.
Especially considering that the dongle method is no longer a thing with the Switch.

They could always bring DexNav back for that. But then again this is Gamefreak we’re talking about.
Yeah. There were a number of Pokemon that you could only get through the Dongle method. They are going to have to find a way for all of those Pokemon (as well as the Gen 5-whatever gen the remakes are in) Pokemon to be obtainable.

They could always bring DexNav back for that. But then again this is Gamefreak we’re talking about.

I think the Pokeradar can have DexNav features added to it, it's close enough to serving the same purpose that they can just add that functionality instead of just having two redundant methods of capture.

In general, I don't think they really need to add any new capture methods to compensate for the loss of dongle. They just need to make more Pokemon available through the methods they already have. They already have swarms, Pokeradar, Backlot's mansion, and the Safari Zone. That should be enough for an extra 300ish pokemon.

Sometime later. I don't know if they will even be on the Switch.

So you think we’re not going to get them till Generation 10?
(GameFreak have been doing 2 Generations per console and Nintendo has said the lifespan of Switch will be longer than their consoles).

Can I ask what makes you think so?
———————-

Personally I feel it’s going to be Generation 8 for the following reasons-
1. Perfect time to cash on Sinnoh nostalgia as those who played Sinnoh as their first games have grown up.

2. As there will be probably no third games (or a very reduced market for them), they need something else to flesh out a Generation- remakes. They’re not going two generations without the sweet, sweet cash from remakes. Even let’s go games will not be able to fill such a large gap.

3. Like @TechSkylander1518 said, every console gets atleast one remake.

(GameFreak have been doing 2 Generations per console and Nintendo has said the lifespan of Switch will be longer than their consoles).

———————-

1. Perfect time to cash on Sinnoh nostalgia as those who played Sinnoh as their first games have grown up.

2. As there will be probably no third games (or a very reduced market for them), they need something else to flesh out a Generation- remakes. They’re not going two generations without the sweet, sweet cash from remakes. Even let’s go games will not be able to fill such a large gap.

It obviously has to be Gen VIII. What else can they do after the main games? A third game is unlikely and Gen IX is out of the question. Options remaining are sequels like B2W2 or a much needed Sinnoh remake.

Honestly, there's no denying that Diamond and Pearl remakes will be for the Switch. Sinnoh is the region in which most want a remake being made out of right now, that alone already guarantees great sale, plus there are those who never experienced Sinnoh who wants to play a game based in it without having to buy a game off Amazon or some obscure store. Pretty much most Sinnoh games on the DS are used copies, so it's extremely hard to find a new copy of it these days. A remake would fix this issue by being on the Switch.

It obviously has to be Gen VIII. What else can they do after the main games? A third game is unlikely and Gen IX is out of the question. Options remaining are sequels like B2W2 or a much needed Sinnoh remake.

Sequels were basically third versions with more story so we can bid them good bye too, imo.
The third version/sequel material will be probably provided via DLC Episodes.

I think Sinnoh Remakes will be released in the year 2021.
2018: LGPE
2019: Generation 8
2020: Break Year (probably filled with a DLC Episode for Generation 8)
2021: Sinnoh Remakes

I'll be pleasantly surprised if they pull of remakes without a break year in between, but it’s highly unlikely since Switch development is more intensive (LGPE is less-resource intensive with what looks like an improved Gen VI engine).

If they do add a DLC episode for Gen 8, it's better if it already gives the third legendary its forms so Gen 8 can have a remake without the third legendary suffering the Zygarde fate.

If they do add a DLC episode for Gen 8, it's better if it already gives the third legendary its forms so Gen 8 can have a remake without the third legendary suffering the Zygarde fate.
Yes please. As much as I dislike the idea of third games, having a third legendary shunned like that feels worse.

———————-

I can still see third versions being made, especially considering the backlash against USUM did not affect its sales, with them selling over 7 million copies as of last June. For comparison, Emerald only sold 6.32 million copies, Platinum sold 7.06 million, and BW2 have sold 7.81 million copies. USUM is on track to become the best selling third game ever. Also, the Switch already has a remake, that being LGPE.

I can still see third versions being made, especially considering the backlash against USUM did not affect its sales, with them selling over 7 million copies as of last June. For comparison, Emerald only sold 6.32 million copies, Platinum sold 7.06 million, and BW2 have sold 7.81 million copies. USUM is on track to become the best selling third game ever. Also, the Switch already has a remake, that being LGPE.
Are you seriously comparing something like LGPE, no disrespect intended, to an actual remake? I fail to see how LGPE presence stops them from remaking a Sinnoh game. Also why is it that you feel we wont see a Sinnoh remake? I can't see any viable reason for them not to release one.
Also considering games are 60$ now, I feel 3rd versions wont exist and if they do, they'll be sequels with many new areas to explore at the very least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom