• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that I'm qualified enough to doubt the Dark Lord's choices, but a little dose of the Cruciatus Curse before Avada Kedavra would’ve proven to be an excellent lesson for trainers all over the region on what happens to despicable mud blood traders...

Guys! We're all muggles here. And we're on a Pokémon forum that used a LGBT-support theme last month. I don't think this would be the best place to role play Voldemort's ideals.

Muggles are individuals who do not play Pokemon.

I typically use the Cruciatus Curse on people, but the lady with the Haunter is just evil sending it over with that everstone. What is the point of that trade then?

I hope GF does some transfiguration in the remake and turns her into something more useful.

Wizards in the Harry Potter universe are even less likely to play Pokémon. They are more old fashioned to the point that they use quills instead of modern pens. Arthur Weasley is curious to figure out how muggle stuff works and despite working in the misuse of muggle artifacts office, does not completely understand muggle technology. A Nintendo system is a muggle property because video games are technological. If you want to impersonate Voldemort, fine. But the real Tom Riddle wouldn't spend time doing muggle stuff like playing video games because we know how much he hates muggles. He even called himself Voldemort to distance himself from his muggle father. Pokémon wasn't even released in Europe during the time the Harry Potter books happened so he can't have played Pokémon and especially not Diamond and Pearl because he died in May 1998.

But anyway, back to the topic of Pokémon Diamond and Pearl remakes.

One thing in the potential Sinnoh remakes that I hope we don't get are retconned characters like we got with Team Aqua and Magma in ORAS. I'm talking about major design and personality alterations that change practically everything about the original characters. I don't mind it when GF builds off of old characters and makes them more relevant like with Wally, but I don't want to see Gen 4 characters become something else entirely.

I thought Avada Kedavra was an excellent spell to use on her when I received that Haunter. She died. But if she appears in the remake, I'll transfigure that everstone into the Mega Stone for Gengar.

It backfired and got transfered to Kalos. Poor old man.

One thing in the potential Sinnoh remakes that I hope we don't get are retconned characters like we got with Team Aqua and Magma in ORAS. I'm talking about major design and personality alterations that change practically everything about the original characters. I don't mind it when GF builds off of old characters and makes them more relevant like with Wally, but I don't want to see Gen 4 characters become something else entirely.

They'll definitely getting new designs, but I'd be surprised if their personalities change too much. Gen IV is probably the first time characters feel fully fleshed out. However, this will almost certainly be impacted by the lore at the time. A lot of it rides on Gen VIII. If it's more open world, I think we could maybe get a downgrade on personality or interactions, the way Breath of the Wild kind of tossed the narrative for small moments instead.

I want to actually collide with Barry with the Switch's new art style!

250px-683Aromatisse.png

Honestly, I like Barry's hyper personality, I don't think he needs a personality change. His impatience is kinda his cornerstone.

Barry annoys me like no tomorrow, but his charm is a classic part of the game. The only change I would make to him is for him to be more useful to the storyline. He's not really helpful in anyway in my opinion.

Barry annoys me like no tomorrow, but his charm is a classic part of the game. The only change I would make to him is for him to be more useful to the storyline. He's not really helpful in anyway in my opinion.

I don't think he was supposed to be. He makes a refreshing rival in that sense; he's actually friendly with you, is not central to the storyline, and in general is just a guy you have a friendly rivalry with.

Are you saying his munchlax spamming stockpile at spear pills wasn't the epitome of double battle expertise??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom