• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
From a recent interview, Masuda is considering to step down from his director role for good. This is a good sign for Gen 4 remakes, since he would only influence just the first pair of Gen 8 games.

From a recent interview, Masuda is considering to step down from his director role for good. This is a good sign for Gen 4 remakes, since he would only influence just the first pair of Gen 8 games.

He can influence the games while not being director too, he did this in ORAS and the battle frontier if I'm not mistaken.

He can influence the games while not being director too, he did this in ORAS and the battle frontier if I'm not mistaken.
From what I heard, he only influenced games who are being directed by Ohmori, who is most likely the director of the Gen 8 games while someone new directs the Gen 4 remake.

Back to the LGBT political theme huh? Oh well.

Anyway, they are changing directors? Is Masuda retiring? Will Generation 8 be different with the change in leadership? Will the Sinnoh remakes still be recognizable?

Anyway, they are changing directors? Is Masuda retiring? Will Generation 8 be different with the change in leadership? Will the Sinnoh remakes still be recognizable?
Basically, Masuda stated that LGPE might be the last Pokemon games he directs. He decided to let the younger generations direct Pokemon games. With younger directors on the lead, traditional remakes have a good chance to stay.

Well, at least it's better than the Halloween theme for me, since at least I can see that line that divides the signatures from posts.

On topic: Hopefully, specially since remakes fix problems that the original games had (e.g.: FRLG had post-game content, HGSS explained what happened to Giovanni, etc.)

Off topic: Eh, I decided to just use the Distortion World theme and kept it ever since.

On topic: While new games are still going to be influenced, I think remakes are safe because remakes are basically practice for new people to learn and develop before going for completely new games.

You can change themes? Oh good. At least there's a way for conservatives and Anti-SJWs to come here without feeling provoked.

On topic: So, Sinnoh remakes with a new director? Do you think we can customize our trainers like the non-remake games let us? Maybe even put Ethan and Lyra's clothes in to reference Gen IV's Johto games?

You can change themes? Oh good. At least there's a way for conservatives and Anti-SJWs to come here without feeling provoked.

On topic: So, Sinnoh remakes with a new director? Do you think we can customize our trainers like the non-remake games let us? Maybe even put Ethan and Lyra's clothes in to reference Gen IV's Johto games?
I don't think that the hypothetical Gen 4 remakes would have character customization unless Lucas and Dawn are replaced by completely new protagonists.

I think there can still be customization options while having Professor Rowan's assistant Lucas/Dawn look like the default opposite-sex avatar. You remember how in X/Y one of your friends Calem/Serena look like the default avatars without their hat? The Sinnoh remakes could do a similar thing. The default avatars can be revamped versions of Lucas and Dawn with the default clothes being a mix between Diamond/Pearl and Platinum clothes. Whichever one you pick, the other one would remain in their default clothes, middle skin-tone look as Rowan's assistant while the players can distance themselves from Lucas and Dawn as much as they want.

It wasn't that bad. There were a ton of features to make up for the absence of customization.
It wasn't that bad? I remember every single place saying something about missing customization. Now that customization has been in every single game after ORAS they don't have any excuse at all to exclude it.

And while the default outfits would be modified versions of Lucas and Dawn's Diamond/Pearl costumes with a bit of Platinum style thrown in, the original classic Diamond/Pearl clothes could be bought in Hearthome City while Platinum clothing could be bought in Snowpoint City and Ethan/Lyra's HeartGold/SoulSilver clothes could be bought in Sunyshore City.

I know it’s never going to happen but I'd love to see Paul or a Paul-inspired character as a rival...
Sure, that can happen. Paul can be the rival who picks the starter that's strong against you, Barry could have the starter that's weak against you and Lucas/Dawn could have the same starter as you. That way, the Sinnoh starters can be seen just from battling rivals while NPC trainers can have new Pokémon from the expanded Sinnoh Dex. I really want the missing Sinnoh legendaries to be included and a few common Pokémon like Growlithe and Oddish can be added to the Sinnoh Dex with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom