• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since LGPE are a remake of Yellow, what would be their excuse if Sinnoh remakes won't be remakes of Platinum?
Simple, if the story is about Dialga or Palkia, then it won't be a Platinum remake, but Platinum elements can still be included for Diamond and Pearl remakes. I highly doubt they will allow the Creation trio to be captured in one version again without trading. Due to the dual nature of the games, it is much more likely to be remakes of Diamond and Pearl with Dialga and Palkia being the mascots than being a remake of Platinum and allowing two forms of Giratina being on the box art at the same time. I know it was done for Kyurem and Necrozma, but in Kyurem's case, that was a sequel while Necrozma's case was a split third version. We have yet to see this sort of thing in a remake.

Last edited:
Anyways, do you expect any changes to Super Contest other than by name? It would really be a shame to take it out because of one part only (dressing up your Pokemon).

Anyways, do you expect any changes to Super Contest other than by name? It would really be a shame to take it out because of one part only (dressing up your Pokemon).
They can easily modify the dress up part to just be conditioning from ORAS. And I know it won’t happen but I think it would be really cool if a Pokémon that wins a contest gets a special ribbon for being migrated from the original Sinnoh games.

They can easily modify the dress up part to just be conditioning from ORAS. And I know it won’t happen but I think it would be really cool if a Pokémon that wins a contest gets a special ribbon for being migrated from the original Sinnoh games.
Well, something similar in ORAS happens, basically, you can get an additional diploma if you manage to transfer a Pokemon from original Hoenn all the way to remake Hoenn.

It wasn't that bad? I remember every single place saying something about missing customization. Now that customization has been in every single game after ORAS they don't have any excuse at all to exclude it.
If they do include customization, then Lucas and Dawn will have to be replaced with completely new protagonists. And, if that's the case, then it's not a remake anymore, but a reimagining (which is what LGPE is).

I don't see why they would need to? Just make Lucas and Dawn the initial outfits, and let players customize them. It's not like the player character's initial design is crucial to the story. (Besides, what about FRLG and HGSS? Their original games didn't even have Leaf or Lyra-does that mean ORAS is the only true remake?)

I don't see why they would need to? Just make Lucas and Dawn the initial outfits, and let players customize them. It's not like the player character's initial design is crucial to the story. (Besides, what about FRLG and HGSS? Their original games didn't even have Leaf or Lyra-does that mean ORAS is the only true remake?)
Also, what's wrong with making a black, slightly tan and pale Lucas/Dawn like they did in Gen VII? It's not like there has been a canon protagonist since Red.

They didn't completely replace the protags in those cases. They just added female protags because they didn't want players to be forced to play as a boy again.
Also, what's wrong with making a black, slightly tan and pale Lucas/Dawn like they did in Gen VII? It's not like there has been a canon protagonist since Red.
Their original outfits may be considered too iconic to change. This does show as ORAS (which uses the original protags) lacks customization, while LGPE (which has all new protags) does have customization.

They never said they didn’t include customization in ORAS because the original designs were too “iconic”. Masuda said they didn’t include it because they wanted to keep it a XY feature(which, needless to say, is no longer the case).

I don’t see why DP remakes wouldn’t have trainer customization.

This does show as ORAS (which uses the original protags) lacks customization, while LGPE (which has all new protags) does have customization.
Their original outfits may be considered too iconic to change.
Actually ORAS didn’t have character customisation because it was first intended to be Kalos exclusives. LGPE came out after the decision that customisation shouldn’t be exclusive to Kalos.

They literally had two iconic outfits... and it’s not as if the 'iconic outfits' would disappear.

They just added female protags because they didn't want players to be forced to play as a boy again.

A slight rephrase of this sentence will not change things and justify character customisation: "They just added customisation because they didn’t want players to be forced to play with a fixed wardrobe again."

Well, they can have some degree of customization, a good middle ground could be having the clothes from their previous games being accessible as well. This would allow them to have iconic looks as well as allowing the player to customize them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom