• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
They usually keep it in line with their outfits in previous games.
The only things Brendan and May really kept true to the originals was their headgear, and even then, ORAS May wears her bandana differently than RSE May. Brendan's new outfit literally looks nothing like his original, because they put him in shorter clothing for a warmer climate. And yet, thanks to their other features, we can still tell that it's Brendan and May. I think customization in DP remakes would be just fine. And while it doesn't bother me any, I know some people get really sad when they can't customize your skin tone, especially when the default is always fair-skinned (still hoping one day they make a black default protagonist). It doesn't matter how "iconic" Dawn and Lucas may look. If that's the case, then they'll use the "iconic" looks for promotional purposes, and the people that care about that can keep wearing those clothes and playing as white Lucas/Dawn. But the rest of us WOULD like to change clothes and features, so why put a restriction on it for such a silly reason?

They usually keep it in line with their outfits in previous games.
What about Red? He looked completely different when they made FRLG.

Red_%28game%29.png

EDIT: And also had a completely different outfit in Gen VII. Yes, he got older, but that doesn't prevent you from wearing similar clothes, right?

Last edited:
And again, customization doesn't affect anything negatively, it would still be Lucas and Dawn, and the default appearance can be used for the Professor's helper. They could also sell the Platinum outfits at Snowpoint City (Celestic Town if they don't want to sell them so late) or maybe even unlock them in an hypothetical Giratina Episode. And the iconic outfit argument falls flat since the only recurring PC and the one people remember gets a different outfit each game (Black 2/White 2 tournaments don't count since they re-used his HGSS sprite). Also, Kris was going to be on HGSS, but for some reason they decided to replace her.

I mean the expressive protagonist, walking Pokémon, the fact the starter actually does something, the lack of HMs, giving Pokémon better textures than what they had in Gen VI and VII, demonstrating the superiority of Eevee over Pikachu... I was talking about those things, not the Go implementation, the lack of Pokémon or the almost non-existent post-game. Even if it's an inferior game, that doesn't mean there are not good things. Also, in my case, it's a better way to experience Gen I without being frustrated by the enormous quantity of problems the originals had (how many Gen I glitches are there again?)

I mean the expressive protagonist, walking Pokémon, the fact the starter actually does something, the lack of HMs, giving Pokémon better textures than what they had in Gen VI and VII, demonstrating the superiority of Eevee over Pikachu... I was talking about those things, not the Go implementation, the lack of Pokémon or the almost non-existent post-game. Even if it's an inferior game, that doesn't mean there are not good things. Also, in my case, it's a better way to experience Gen I without being frustrated by the enormous quantity of problems the originals had (how many Gen I glitches are there again?)

Most of those things aren't even unique to Let's Go so they don't really count.

the expressive protagonist, walking Pokémon, the fact the starter actually does something, the lack of HMs

They're the kind of changes I'd like to see in all future games, honestly.

I like Pokémon in the overworld. Zubat in caves anyone?

GLORY TO NO RANDOM ZUBAT ENCOUNTERS

L̶G̶P̶E̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶f̶i̶r̶m̶e̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶s̶t̶ ̶g̶a̶m̶e̶s̶

Not really specific to Generation 4, but can we please see a bit more diversity in the 'trash' we encounter? Why not an occasional Noibat along with Woobat instead of just Zubat?
Wurmple, Burmy, and Swaddle instead of weedle and caterpie? Wingull also has excellent 'pest potential' along with Tentacool.

Just as long as we can get to encounter more than one bat Pokemon in caves, it would make caves a lot less frustrating, just some variety in general, like don't have Zubat as the only bat Pokemon, allow Noibat and Woobat appear in the same cave to bring more variety.

Just as long as we can get to encounter more than one bat Pokemon in caves, it would make caves a lot less frustrating, just some variety in general, like don't have Zubat as the only bat Pokemon, allow Noibat and Woobat appear in the same cave to bring more variety.

Sure, if they would expand the Sinnoh Pokédex to include Unova and Kalos Pokémon. But it's more likely that Noibat and Woobat would be stuck in post-game areas. But they would very likely add Sylveon to the Sinnoh Dex and I want the remaining Sinnoh legendaries to be part of the regional Dex, so maybe they could add Noibat and Woobat.

Sure, if they would expand the Sinnoh Pokédex to include Unova and Kalos Pokémon. But it's more likely that Noibat and Woobat would be stuck in post-game areas. But they would very likely add Sylveon to the Sinnoh Dex and I want the remaining Sinnoh legendaries to be part of the regional Dex, so maybe they could add Noibat and Woobat.

Which has been a problem in remakes as the older dexes have had multiple variety issues and adding in newer Pokemon to the main game would fix those issues and in general make the experience more fresh and interesting. Honestly though, Sinnoh's problem isn't so much that it needs more Pokemon. The problem is more how they choose to distribute the existing Pokemon. There's certain lines that you see pretty much everywhere, even beyond the usual suspects. Even stuff like Budew/Roselia, Meditite/Medicham, Ponyta, and Onix/Steelix appear all over the place, and you'd be hard pressed to find an area in the game that doesn't have one of those or some of the other annoyers. They can make the region feel more diverse just by trimming some of those Pokemon down. But I certainly wouldn't turn down another expansion, Sinnoh is big enough that it could hold a dex twice as big as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom