• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which has been a problem in remakes as the older dexes have had multiple variety issues and adding in newer Pokemon to the main game would fix those issues and in general make the experience more fresh and interesting. Honestly though, Sinnoh's problem isn't so much that it needs more Pokemon. The problem is more how they choose to distribute the existing Pokemon. There's certain lines that you see pretty much everywhere, even beyond the usual suspects. Even stuff like Budew/Roselia, Meditite/Medicham, Ponyta, and Onix/Steelix appear all over the place, and you'd be hard pressed to find an area in the game that doesn't have one of those or some of the other annoyers. They can make the region feel more diverse just by trimming some of those Pokemon down. But I certainly wouldn't turn down another expansion, Sinnoh is big enough that it could hold a dex twice as big as it is.

But when seeing every Pokémon in the Sinnoh Dex is a requirement to get the National Dex, it may be good to have a lot of common Pokémon to make sure the player don't miss them. The only reason I want the Sinnoh Dex expanded is to include the following Legendary Pokémon: Heatran, Regigigas, Cresselia, Phione, Darkrai, Shaymin and Arceus. They are the only Pokémon who are still left out of their regional Pokédex. The Sinnoh Dex has got to include all the Pokémon native to the region. Platinum did a great job of getting the new evolutions into the Sinnoh Dex when Diamond and Pearl left out Gliscor, Probopass, Gallade, Lickilicky, Leafeon, Glaceon, Togekiss, Magnezone, Tangrowth, Yanmega, Rhyperior, Dusknoir, Porygon-Z, Electivire, Magmortar, Mamoswine, and Frosslass and even added Rotom and Giratina. Diamond and Pearl had 26 new Pokémon missing from the Sinnoh Dex, and now after Platinum there's only 7 left. And yes, I would like a free Arceus caught in the main story to make the Sinnoh Pokédex completion goal well worth the National Dex.

I like Pokémon in the overworld. Zubat in caves anyone?

Major pass.

And I am a proponent of all features of the Let's Go! games remain in those games. I think Gen IV remakes should remain true to their roots... even with those stupid HM's (I think Ride Pokemon should fill this void, but please don't develop a ride Pokemon for defog :cautious:)

I can live without any sort of annoying bat. Zubat, Woobat, Noibat can all not bother me when I'm making my way through a tunnel. Thank you max repel for repelling almost everything.

Well, at least seeing the Pokémon in the overworld helps you avoid random encounters. When you see a Zubat, you just stay away from it. If you see a Bidoof, don't touch it. I like how the Wild Pokémon have become more like the Heartless from Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories.

But when seeing every Pokémon in the Sinnoh Dex is a requirement to get the National Dex, it may be good to have a lot of common Pokémon to make sure the player don't miss them. The only reason I want the Sinnoh Dex expanded is to include the following Legendary Pokémon: Heatran, Regigigas, Cresselia, Phione, Darkrai, Shaymin and Arceus. They are the only Pokémon who are still left out of their regional Pokédex. The Sinnoh Dex has got to include all the Pokémon native to the region. Platinum did a great job of getting the new evolutions into the Sinnoh Dex when Diamond and Pearl left out Gliscor, Probopass, Gallade, Lickilicky, Leafeon, Glaceon, Togekiss, Magnezone, Tangrowth, Yanmega, Rhyperior, Dusknoir, Porygon-Z, Electivire, Magmortar, Mamoswine, and Frosslass and even added Rotom and Giratina. Diamond and Pearl had 26 new Pokémon missing from the Sinnoh Dex, and now after Platinum there's only 7 left. And yes, I would like a free Arceus caught in the main story to make the Sinnoh Pokédex completion goal well worth the National Dex.

Including a ton of common Pokemon doesn't really help with that though because you need to see every Sinnoh Dex Pokemon, including the rarer ones. It'd be much simpler for them to just remove that requirement to obtain the National Dex

I hope the games are full of postgame episodes: a Giratina and/or Arceus episode is a must, atleast.

Like Deoxys was demoted to legendary status for ORAS, I hope Darkrai gets that treatment, accompanied by a nightmare episode.
It made no sense to me that Darkrai was made a mythical since he’s a duo with Cresselia.

So does anyone think this might be a good game to bring back Dexnav functionality? We already have a device that functions similarly in the Pokeradar, and the Dexnav is one of the most well received and highly requested older features, so it would be a good opportunity to bring it back. And maybe this time make it a main game feature, it's far too useful a feature to have to wait until post game to access it.

Definitely. It would fix Sinnoh’s relatively lacking pokedex variety (even with Platinum, some types like dragon are still sparse)

Well that really wouldn't fix any variety issues unless they let you access Pokemon that weren't in Platinum's Sinnoh Dex. So that all comes down to what they allow you to catch in the main game. The Dexnav functionality itself is more helpful for finding Egg moves, IVs, HAs, and shinies.

Well that really wouldn't fix any variety issues unless they let you access Pokemon that weren't in Platinum's Sinnoh Dex. So that all comes down to what they allow you to catch in the main game. The Dexnav functionality itself is more helpful for finding Egg moves, IVs, HAs, and shinies.
Right, kinda forgot about that. (deleted my post after realizing it).

Anyway, i wonder what new forms they’ll give to Sinnoh Pokemon. Maybe the return of megas?

Including a ton of common Pokemon doesn't really help with that though because you need to see every Sinnoh Dex Pokemon, including the rarer ones. It'd be much simpler for them to just remove that requirement to obtain the National Dex

Okay, make the rarer ones more common to balance it out. Just make sure every Pokémon is owned by a trainer that you can't skip.

What's the Gauntlet of Doom?

Fighting a lot of unskippable enemies back-to-back is sometimes referred to as "running the gauntlet." The "of Doom" part is just to give it a name for game purposes.

Okay, make the rarer ones more common to balance it out. Just make sure every Pokémon is owned by a trainer that you can't skip.

Then you would have a ton of mandatory trainer battles which would be tedious.

I don't get why you're trying to make this requirement work.

Then you would have a ton of mandatory trainer battles which would be tedious.

I don't get why you're trying to make this requirement work.

Because, when you needed to complete the Sinnoh Pokédex to unlock the National Dex, the Sinnoh section of the National Dex should be complete, right? But unfortunately, so many new Pokémon were left out of the Sinnoh Dex and the blanks left from not seeing them before the National Dex, it bothers me because I was supposed to see all of Sinnoh's Pokémon. Why were some Sinnoh Pokémon left out of the Dex anyway? Especially a lot of the new evolutions like Electivire and a lot of legendaries? In my copy of Diamond, there are five blanks between Weavile and Magmortar (I had to trade a Magmar from HeartGold to get Magmortar in my Pokédex), two blanks between Magmortar and Leafeon, seven blanks between Leafeon and Frosslass, and one blank between Heatran and Giratina, and one blank between Heatran and Giratina. My Pokédex ends at Cresselia who is #488. Well, the Mythicals do come after her but, let's look at how many blank spots there would be when you first get the National Dex within the Sinnoh section. Eighteen blanks between Weavile and Uxie, and the Dex would end at #484 Palkia. And while Platinum fills up the Sinnoh portion of the National Dex better and includes all the new evolutions like Electivire and Leafeon, there would be two blanks between Palkia and Giratina and two blanks between Giratina and Manaphy. You know how all the other regional Pokédexes so far have included all the new Pokémon introduced for that region? That is why the Sinnoh Dex shouldn't be missing any Gen 4 Pokémon.

Because, when you needed to complete the Sinnoh Pokédex to unlock the National Dex, the Sinnoh section of the National Dex should be complete, right? But unfortunately, so many new Pokémon were left out of the Sinnoh Dex and the blanks left from not seeing them before the National Dex, it bothers me because I was supposed to see all of Sinnoh's Pokémon. Why were some Sinnoh Pokémon left out of the Dex anyway? Especially a lot of the new evolutions like Electivire and a lot of legendaries? In my copy of Diamond, there are five blanks between Weavile and Magmortar (I had to trade a Magmar from HeartGold to get Magmortar in my Pokédex), two blanks between Magmortar and Leafeon, seven blanks between Leafeon and Frosslass, and one blank between Heatran and Giratina, and one blank between Heatran and Giratina. My Pokédex ends at Cresselia who is #488. Well, the Mythicals do come after her but, let's look at how many blank spots there would be when you first get the National Dex within the Sinnoh section. Eighteen blanks between Weavile and Uxie, and the Dex would end at #484 Palkia. And while Platinum fills up the Sinnoh portion of the National Dex better and includes all the new evolutions like Electivire and Leafeon, there would be two blanks between Palkia and Giratina and two blanks between Giratina and Manaphy. You know how all the other regional Pokédexes so far have included all the new Pokémon introduced for that region? That is why the Sinnoh Dex shouldn't be missing any Gen 4 Pokémon.
What's even worse was that in DP, you need to have a GBA game in order to get Tangrowth and Gliscor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom