• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because, when you needed to complete the Sinnoh Pokédex to unlock the National Dex, the Sinnoh section of the National Dex should be complete, right? But unfortunately, so many new Pokémon were left out of the Sinnoh Dex and the blanks left from not seeing them before the National Dex, it bothers me because I was supposed to see all of Sinnoh's Pokémon. Why were some Sinnoh Pokémon left out of the Dex anyway? Especially a lot of the new evolutions like Electivire and a lot of legendaries? In my copy of Diamond, there are five blanks between Weavile and Magmortar (I had to trade a Magmar from HeartGold to get Magmortar in my Pokédex), two blanks between Magmortar and Leafeon, seven blanks between Leafeon and Frosslass, and one blank between Heatran and Giratina, and one blank between Heatran and Giratina. My Pokédex ends at Cresselia who is #488. Well, the Mythicals do come after her but, let's look at how many blank spots there would be when you first get the National Dex within the Sinnoh section. Eighteen blanks between Weavile and Uxie, and the Dex would end at #484 Palkia. And while Platinum fills up the Sinnoh portion of the National Dex better and includes all the new evolutions like Electivire and Leafeon, there would be two blanks between Palkia and Giratina and two blanks between Giratina and Manaphy. You know how all the other regional Pokédexes so far have included all the new Pokémon introduced for that region? That is why the Sinnoh Dex shouldn't be missing any Gen 4 Pokémon.

So basically you just want people to be forced to complete the Sinnoh Dex for your own personal nitpicks? Yeah no, they're not going to bring it back for that reason. I agree it'd be nice to see the post game legendaries added in, but they absolutely do not need to force you to see every single Sinnoh Dex Pokemon to get the National Dex. There's a reason why this has never been required since.

You know, as someone that actually fights every single trainer to the point I even have docs with their location, I never noticed how annoying it would be to other people. However, I agree that that condition should be removed, since every single game post-Platinum and Emerald gives you the National Pokédex after beating the league, so why would the Sinnoh remakes be the only one that has a condition?

You know, as someone that actually fights every single trainer to the point I even have docs with their location, I never noticed how annoying it would be to other people. However, I agree that that condition should be removed, since every single game post-Platinum and Emerald gives you the National Pokédex after beating the league, so why would the Sinnoh remakes be the only one that has a condition?

Because Arceus hates us?

That's the only reason I can come up with. I don't see the need. Maybe as an optional event...

Well, if you fought every trainer and did every mandatory quest before the League, your Pokédex should already be complete and ready for the upgrade when you return from the Hall of Fame. And if your Pokédex isn't complete, Professor Rowan's assistant Lucas/Dawn could link their Pokédex to yours to fill in the remaining blanks so that you would get the National Dex and complete Sinnoh Dex anyway.

Well, if you fought every trainer and did every mandatory quest before the League, your Pokédex should already be complete and ready for the upgrade when you return from the Hall of Fame. And if your Pokédex isn't complete, Professor Rowan's assistant Lucas/Dawn could link their Pokédex to yours to fill in the remaining blanks so that you would get the National Dex and complete Sinnoh Dex anyway.
That would be worse in my opinion, because, what would be the point of doing that?

Okay, maybe you don't need the full Sinnoh Dex to unlock the National Dex. But your journey gets railroaded so that you would see every Pokémon in the Sinnoh Dex by the time you enter the Hall of Fame. And if you manage to skip some Pokémon by cheating, exploiting glitches or sneaking past poorly placed trainers, you will still get the National Dex with the blanks in the Sinnoh section still there until you find the missing Pokémon.

Okay, maybe you don't need the full Sinnoh Dex to unlock the National Dex. But your journey gets railroaded so that you would see every Pokémon in the Sinnoh Dex by the time you enter the Hall of Fame. And if you manage to skip some Pokémon by cheating, exploiting glitches or sneaking past poorly placed trainers, you will still get the National Dex with the blanks in the Sinnoh section still there until you find the missing Pokémon.

Or we could just get the dex as normal after defeating the Elite Four and not try to overcomplicate things?

Why does it have to be manditory? It's a reward for players that take the time to go out of there way to fight every trainer. Also, things like the legends being in books is a good way to see it without having a rando trainer have Dialga for some reason.

Well, if you want to change the way we get the National Dex, maybe the National Dex could be paid DLC and the data for all the non-Sinnoh Dex Pokémon could be locked within the patch so you can't trade or battle with players who bought the National Dex unless you bought the National Dex yourself? I mean, considering how many Pokémon there are now and the advancements of data, maybe not every Pokémon would fit in the card? Nope, I like the National Dex as a reward for seeing everything in the Sinnoh Dex. No random trainers would have Legendaries like Dialga except for maybe Cyrus in your final battle with him. Cyrus could have the mascot of the opposite version. But for all the Legendaries, including Mythicals like Arceus, I think you should have the chance to catch them. If you fail to catch them, the story can progress with their "Seen" data in the Pokédex and they will be back when you return to that location for another shot. You may not like the requirement of filling up the Pokédex to move on to the post-game content, but I like seeing a Pokédex filled up. I like scrolling down the Pokédex to listen to the Pokémon's cries. And if you don't want a full Pokédex, well I don't make the game so I don't decide how the game is played. This is just my personal fanfiction. The real developers can do whatever they want.

By the glory of Helix, NO!
Yeah, of course a DLC Pokédex wouldn't work. Well, I think the original games' requirement of seeing every Pokémon in the Sinnoh Dex could work fine. At least the game made sure each non-Legendary in the Sinnoh Dex had a trainer somewhere who has them. And if the Sinnoh Dex expands to 250, there can be more trainers who have the newly added Pokémon.

If you must see all the 250 Pokémon in the regional dex, then GF may need to alter at lot the teams of NPCs the games already forces you to fight and have each Legendary and Mythical have a picture in a book.

What possible new forms for Sinnoh Pokemon could be in the remake? Dialga and Palkia are obviously going to get new forms of some kind (please don't let it be fusion just because of that one statue in Platinum).

What possible new forms for Sinnoh Pokemon could be in the remake? Dialga and Palkia are obviously going to get new forms of some kind (please don't let it be fusion just because of that one statue in Platinum).
Honestly, Dialga already looks like a fusion of sorts... I never found those crystals on its design natural looking, it’s like they are strapped to it similarly to Necrozma’s Dusk Mane and Dawn Wings. Another form might be overbearing.

Just as long as they don't use Primal Dialga or anything that's just an alternate coloration as a form, I am fine with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom