• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Regirock, Regice and Registeel are still required to catch Regigigas, then they gotta be catchable in Sinnoh and not force you to transfer Pokémon from Hoenn. Didn't you just hate how the Regis were Pal Park Pokémon that were needed to awaken a new Legendary? By the time we got HeartGold and SoulSilver, just about every Pokémon was available in Generation IV without Pal Park. But the Regis were encountered in Platinum by having an event Regigigas, which nullifies the point of catching them to awaken the in-game Regigigas at Snowpoint Temple. And since I want Regigigas in the Sinnoh Dex for the remakes, Either the Hoenn Regis should be in the Sinnoh Dex so that you can catch them to awaken Regigigas, or Regigigas don't need the Hoenn Regis to be caught, he just unlocks their hiding place in the post-game? Yeah, I think having Regigigas just unlocking a Legendary post-game sidequest would be better then the stress of having to catch three Legendaries in a row just to get to battle one Pokémon for your Sinnoh Dex completion quest.

Toy wand? Why not a real wand?
Because Rotom's gimmick is possessing man-made, mundane things like toys and appliances?

EDIT: Clarity.

EDIT: Come to think of it, I wonder why Rotom never got a toy robot forme. If I recall correctly, Charon's backstory mentioned a Rotom (possibly the same one from the Old Chateau) that possessed a toy robot.

Last edited:
Because Rotom's gimmick is possessing man-made, mundane things like toys and appliances?

EDIT: Come to think of it, I wonder why Rotom never got a toy robot forme. If I recall correctly, Charon's backstory mentioned a Rotom (possibly the same one from the Old Chateau) that possessed a toy robot.
GF make Mega Rotom a Gundam

It's because it just possesses electrical appliance, so Rotom can only possess the toy robot is if it's battery powered. If I had to take a guess at what else it can possess, TV might be a new Rotom forme, I'm actually surprised Rotom doesn't have a TV forme yet.

The Darkrai movie showed that Dialga and Palkia have their own home worlds.

What if that concept is expanded and we get to visit those worlds? Entering their home world could also be the reason they get their box alternate forms. It would also be consistent with how Giratina changes its forms, and would make more sense than rehashing the Primal lore or something newly created.

Maybe you place the Adamant and Lustrous orbs on a pedestal located directly inside Dialga and Palkia's home worlds so they would be imbued with the power to change forms? This would essentially solve the inconsistency of why the orbs weren't able to change their forms in the first place.

The Darkrai movie showed that Dialga and Palkia have their own home worlds.

What if that concept is expanded and we get to visit those worlds? Entering their home world could also be the reason they get their box alternate forms. It would also be consistent with how Giratina changes its forms, and would make more sense than rehashing the Primal lore or something newly created.

Yeah, I have a feeling they'll do something like that. We'll probably also use them for more portal hopping shenanigans to catch post game Pokemon and legendaries, they just love cramming in legendaries that way nowadays.

More credibility toward Diamond and Pearl remakes in Gen 8, Shaymin receiving merchandise at the very end of Gen 7 and before Gen 8.

Yeah, I have a feeling they'll do something like that. We'll probably also use them for more portal hopping shenanigans to catch post game Pokemon and legendaries, they just love cramming in legendaries that way nowadays.
Well, it's better than just lampshading the fact that it doesn't make sense that certain legendaries are found in that region, like they did with Zygarde in Sun/Moon.

Well, it's better than just lampshading the fact that it doesn't make sense that certain legendaries are found in that region, like they did with Zygarde in Sun/Moon.

Eh, not really. Even with Zygarde shoehorned in as it was, they actually give it some lore and an actual quest. The portals are just a way for them to lazily slap in every single legendary in existence. But I'd much prefer how the likes of Platinum, HGSS, and BW2 handled post game legendaries when they actually managed to work them into the region's design and lore.

I just don’t want to see Primal forms again. It also wouldn’t make sense since we know that Dialga and Palkia were one of the first Pokemon created by Arceus, and thus looked as it is in the ancient times.
That and the fact Giratina has a different form in its own dimension, so it makes sense that Dialga and Palkia also has a permanent form in their own dimensions as well. I also just don't want to see temporary forms for main legendaries for the next two traditional remakes in general, they just seem like Megas with just different names and slightly altered mechanics.

Last edited:
Personally I don’t care if the form change is temporary as long as it makes sense. Just don’t try to convince me that somehow the first Pokemon to be created somehow have even more ancient forms, which is, well, impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom