• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please do not let HMs return, that feature should stay dead forever. Especially for a Sinnoh remake, I don't want to catch a Bidoof just to be able to get around the region, and I certainly don't want Flash just to be able to see in caves.

Pls see my above post.

I guess we could get a middle point: Let Ride Pokémon return... for the people that don't have a compatible Pokémon, otherwise, let people choose what Pokémon can they use. Hopefully, in a way you won't need that Pokémon to be in your party, which is another complain against HMs.

I'll use "Surf" as an example: Let's say the rental Pokémon is Lapras (again). You could use an option to switch it to another Pokémon that can move through water, like Starmie if that's what you want.

However, if you're doing, say, a Fire-only challenge, then you can still advance without catching anyone you don't want.

What do you think?

I guess we could get a middle point: Let Ride Pokémon return... for the people that don't have a compatible Pokémon, otherwise, let people choose what Pokémon can they use. Hopefully, in a way you won't need that Pokémon to be in your party, which is another complain against HMs.

I'll use "Surf" as an example: Let's say the rental Pokémon is Lapras (again). You could use an option to switch it to another Pokémon that can move through water, like Starmie if that's what you want.

However, if you're doing, say, a Fire-only challenge, then you can still advance without catching anyone you don't want.

What do you think?
That's the perfect middle ground for how it could be implemented.

What do you think?

That's not a bad idea.

Although an even better one is to remove the games' linearity; that is the reason HMs/PokeRide are required. Otherwise, field moves are a fun novelty that have no impact on storyline progression, as they should be IMO.

That's not a bad idea.

Although an even better one is to remove the games' linearity; that is the reason HMs/PokeRide are required. Otherwise, field moves are a fun novelty that have no impact on storyline progression, as they should be IMO.
Yes, but I suggested that because I doubt they will remove linearity. It would be nice, but I don't see them doing that.

Dusclops and Dusknoir needs better ability then Pressure... hope it gets changed like Gengars did.

Hoping that I now finally managed to dump it in the correct thread.

So. Breaking the bubble on the whole London or Spain is the new region (Because I'm absolutely tired of seeing it every. damn. where.), my expectations for a potential Gen IV remake:

- Considering Silvally is a failed attempt at recreating Arceus, Team Galactic attempts to use one of the Silvally to gain control of Dialga and Palkia.
- We visit Dialga and Palkia's Dimensions, where each gain an alternative form. In these forms, similar to Giratina's Origin Form, they aren't necessarily Pokémon anymore, instead becoming something akin to Lunala and Solgaleo, bearing some sort of relation to the Ultra Beasts.
- Z-Moves in Sinnoh are thought to be power fragments of Arceus' plates, hence why they will only be available post-game (Similar to how Mega Evolution in Sun and Moon and Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon was only available post-game.)
- New Mega Evolutions for Sinnoh Pokémon include: Mega Drapion, Mega Hippowdon, Mega Bronzong, Mega Purugly, Mega Skuntank, Mega Toxicroak, Mega Honckrow and the starters.
- Like Dialga, Palkia and Giratina, Arceus reveals its 'True Form', but only when all the plates are in its possession.
- A 'Delta Episode' based on Arceus and the banishment of Giratina to the Origin World.
- HMs are replaced with ride Pokémon. These also make traversing the slow snow routes faster.

Some obvious and easy things to expect, but we have to start somewhere, I guess.

1. Well, it kinda makes sense since we don't know what happened to the third Type: Null. We don't even know if it's alive.
2. I don't think they would turn them into UBs. At least, not without some backlash.
3. Didn't they mention something in USUM about Z-Crystals being parts of Necrozma or something like that?
4. I would like more Megas, but I feel they should distribute them among all gens, not just Gen IV. Maybe they could give some Gen VII Pokémon megas.
5. This is something I think it would happen, specially since Mewtwo now have higher stats than Arceus for some reason.
6. I don't know if Giratina was banished to the Distortion World. However, I do agree that a special episode based on Arceus would be interesting. Maybe also one based on Regigigas since I always felt that it was just... there.
7. This is a must have!

I just want Dialga and Palkia to get a permanent form of some kind just to mix it up for remakes and follow up versions. Making everything samey is just boring.

Dialga and Palkia, I fully expect, will get an alternate form like Giratina's two forms. One while in their own dimension and one when on Earth.

Arceus is bound for a new form. It's God. They can pull whatever they want with it and explain it away as "It's God, yo. This thing is omnipotent until a Master Ball comes its way."

Technically Arceus isn't the Abrahamic God. He/she is closer to creation deities from polytheistic religions (they are usually not that powerful compared to other beings within their pantheon).

I know, but they weren't the only ones that got megas, like he was asking for.

I actually meant that the Gen IV mons that get Megas would be those. As far as Megas for other Gens go, I'd like to see some more Gen V Megas, since they only have Audino. Other than that, probably a split between Gen I and II Megas with a little bit more focus on Gen II.

I actually meant that the Gen IV mons that get Megas would be those. As far as Megas for other Gens go, I'd like to see some more Gen V Megas, since they only have Audino. Other than that, probably a split between Gen I and II Megas with a little bit more focus on Gen II.
Oh, sorry, I misread it, then. And yes, Gen V needs more megas.

How about no more Gen 1 Megas EXCEPT for the unpopular Pokemon? We don't need another 2 Mega Pokemon.

How about no more Gen 1 Megas EXCEPT for the unpopular Pokemon? We don't need another 2 Mega Pokemon.

Eh, Sinnoh has quite a lot of Gen I mons for various reasons, so I'm afraid we won't be able to escape Megas from their side if there will be new Megas.

That's not a bad idea.

I think Fly and Surf can be always useful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom