• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
After playing diamond I was so disappointed in it I didn't want to buy a pokemon game ever again (but I'm glad I did). I fully expect the remake to change what I hated about it - add features like pokemon refresh, other features to make it less boring than it was to me, and updated graphics (something I disliked about diamond was the graphics and interface design, and I'm not even sure why).

Something I'm really hoping for: with the assumed return of contests, get rid of the "real world" contest cam backdrop that was in alpha sapphire/omega ruby. It really took me out of it.

That was in ORAS? I guess that because I always skip contests, I don't know what they have anymore.
Yep. It used your camera to show where you are as a background. If there was a way to turn it off, I don't know what it was. But competing in a contest hall would look better to me than my living room.

Don’t know if this has already been addressed, but for Sinnoh remakes they really need to use the platinum Pokédex for it. That way they can avoid the infamous fire type problem diamond and pearl had. Oh and they can give rapidash a mega evolution while they’re at it.

Yeah, they should use the Platinum Pokédex and then add more Pokémon so that all the Sinnoh Pokémon can be included. It bothers me that Heatran, Regigigas, Cresselia, Phione, Darkrai, Shaymin and Arceus are the only Pokémon in the National Pokédex that have never been included in any regional Pokédex, not even their home region of Sinnoh.

Golduck is pretty much the only gen 1 Pokémon I want to get a mega at this point. Mainly so he can finally get that psychic typing. I’d also like to see Ledian get a mega.
Agreed on the concept of not giving Kanto many more Megas, but I'm still hoping for like a handful. Especially Butterfree, only Beedrill having one still feels kinda unfair.

Anyways, who would you want directing the Gen 4 remakes? Because on how the game turns out is different depending who is directing it, Masuda most likely won't direct it. I want Shigeki Morimoto to direct the Gen 4 remakes because since he directed HGSS, those games had so much content packed into them, which is one of the biggest plus about them.

Yep. It used your camera to show where you are as a background. If there was a way to turn it off, I don't know what it was. But competing in a contest hall would look better to me than my living room.

You can turn it off by talking to an NPC near the receptionist. I think it is a male NPC and he asks you about the 3DS camera. I forgot the exact dialogue, but it’s there. Then you can see the contest hall background instead of the real life camera, which I also very much dislike.

You can turn it off by talking to an NPC near the receptionist. I think it is a male NPC and he asks you about the 3DS camera. I forgot the exact dialogue, but it’s there. Then you can see the contest hall background instead of the real life camera, which I also very much dislike.
So, that's what that Guitarist was asking... I guess they should have used clearer dialogue there.

My god, you just saved Gen 6 contests for me. Thank you.

I know this will likely NOT happen but I hope they add more regional variants to see older (and newer) Pokémon adapting to Sinnoh's weather and enviroment.

They added even more Megas in OR/AS even when Mega Evolution was not a thing in Hoenn at all before that.

I don't know, I would love to see some Sinnohnian forms! I hope this idea of regional variants doesn't die out in Alola.

Since we didn't get new Alola Formes in USUM, I feel it will suffer the fate of MEs.
How about adding new evolutions since that's what Professor Rowan studies?

Unpopular opinion: I don't want new Regional Forms. I think they're just lazy reskins of old Pokémon and I feel the energy put into that is better off being put in new Megas, cross generation evolutions or entirely new Pokémon all together.

Since we didn't get new Alola Formes in USUM, I feel it will suffer the fate of MEs.
How about adding new evolutions since that's what Professor Rowan studies?
Whats with this mega evolution fate bs?

There is no fate on it yet just because they didn't introduce any new ones in sm or usum. They were focusing on z moves which was this gens gimmick. Now if we go 3 generations in a row without any new ones then I'd say it was a one gen thing only (and we will probably get new ones in the eventual xy remakes)

Same thing with regular evolutions gen 6 megas were our new evolutions and every even number generation had new evolutions for old mons so of course gen 7 had none. Now if gen 8 has none then thats a nail in the coffin but not the last one as they can come back to the concept whenever they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom