• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I don't expect the Sinnoh remakes to allow us to challenge gyms out of order. But backtracking is a whole lot easier now that the remakes are most likely not going to have HMs.

Honestly, I don't expect the Sinnoh remakes to allow us to challenge gyms out of order. But backtracking is a whole lot easier now that the remakes are most likely not going to have HMs.
In DP, the player could battle Maylene and Crasher Wake in any order they want, with their teams being around the same level. In Platinum, Maylene has to be fought first, and then Crasher Wake.

In DP, the player could battle Maylene and Crasher Wake in any order they want, with their teams being around the same level.
Really? I never knew that.

I'm also thinking about how you couldn't do the Hearthome Gym the first time you went to Hearthome City in Diamond and Pearl for some reason, which they changed in Platinum. Also, I don't like how they got rid of the Happiny egg you get in the gate to route 209 in Platinum. Could they bring that back for a remake?

I'm also thinking about how you couldn't do the Hearthome Gym the first time you went to Hearthome City in Diamond and Pearl for some reason, which they changed in Platinum. Also, I don't like how they got rid of the Happiny egg you get in the gate to route 209 in Platinum. Could they bring that back for a remake?
The remakes will most likely be based on DP, so yes.

Well, if I recall correctly (I have not played Pearl in years), Maylene and Wake even had Pokémon the exact same levels.

There's also Byron and Roark having some of their stories and dialogues backed up by the gym leader strength hierarchy. If I remember correctly, Byron says that the younger generation would have to overcome the trainers of the older generation like himself, and some of that has implications of him still thinking Roark as a young child and probably not experienced enough as a gym leader. They'd have to change most of that if all the gym leaders were to have equal strengths.

There's also Byron and Roark having some of their stories and dialogues backed up by the gym leader strength hierarchy. If I remember correctly, Byron says that the younger generation would have to overcome the trainers of the older generation like himself, and some of that has implications of him still thinking Roark as a young child and probably not experienced enough as a gym leader.
Doesn't help that Roark was not the first candidate he had in mind. It was Riley, and he apparently chose Roark after Riley suggested him to Byron.

There's also Byron and Roark having some of their stories and dialogues backed up by the gym leader strength hierarchy. If I remember correctly, Byron says that the younger generation would have to overcome the trainers of the older generation like himself, and some of that has implications of him still thinking Roark as a young child and probably not experienced enough as a gym leader. They'd have to change most of that if all the gym leaders were to have equal strengths.

There's no real need to change any of that. They can either scale the gym leaders based on your own levels or just... let you lose... :enzap:

There's no real need to change any of that. They can either scale the gym leaders based on your own levels or just... let you lose... :enzap:
The gym leader strength hierarchy - or scaling - has been a big part of the Sinnoh gym leader backstories. It's because you have to challenge Roark before Byron that dialogue and backstory has meaning to it.

If they can get rid of the gym leader scaling without sacrificing any of the story aspect - then fine by me. If they can actually improve on that, with actual quests to solve conflicts and character problems and stuff all the while letting the player character choose which order they want to battle the gyms - then that would definitely work. What I don't want to see is the story getting sacrificed from the changes. I have my concerns about pokemon turning into "open world" because a story has a sequence. You can build it in anyways so that the player can make their own story, but there's always a beginning and there's always a resolution. Pokemon isn't built to be a visual novel where you make choices to progress the story and select your own conflicts. There's going to be a bunch of dialogue options/character appearance options/NPC event options/etc all on top of that basic Team Galactic story, and I really don't see how that can work into the Sinnoh games.

Though I like the idea of having to lose to progress because that would mean there's a reasonable story about the gym leader that requires you to lose before challenging them again. More story is always a plus.

They will do both remake for crystal and for diamond and pearl. I really wanted that they change from remaking the original stories such as RGB, GS, RS by remaking the platinum version. So they really made me happy that they did remake for pikachu game and by doing a new thing which is removed from 1 game into 2 games let's go pikachu and eevee.

So I really want Let's go Crystal, and remake for DP and Platinum this time

They will do both remake for crystal and for diamond and pearl. I really wanted that they change from remaking the original stories such as RGB, GS, RS by remaking the platinum version. So they really made me happy that they did remake for pikachu game and by doing a new thing which is removed from 1 game into 2 games let's go pikachu and eevee.

So I really want Let's go Crystal, and remake for DP and Platinum this time
They remade Crystal already with HGSS. They couldn't remake Emerald because they wanted to keep RS's differences. A hybrid between DP and Platinum is likely, maybe with a post-game episode based on Giratina.

They remade Crystal already with HGSS. They couldn't remake Emerald because they wanted to keep RS's differences. A hybrid between DP and Platinum is likely, maybe with a post-game episode based on Giratina.

Yes I know but let's go pikachu is the first time so they can complete and they cannot and so I said my hopes

I hope they don't remove Sheen from Super Contests like they did for Contest Spectaculars. If there's no limit to the amount of consumable poffins, there'll be no skill, it'll just be a matter of stuffing any old poke full of poffins, slapping a scarf on them and getting a free ribbon.

I hope they don't remove Sheen from Super Contests like they did for Contest Spectaculars. If there's no limit to the amount of consumable poffins, there'll be no skill, it'll just be a matter of stuffing any old poke full of poffins, slapping a scarf on them and getting a free ribbon.
If they do sheen, there should be away to remove it so you don't screw yourself by feeding the wrong poffins, maybe through berries.

How about Poffins that reduce sheen being made of stat reducing berries?

YES. Whilst I think tbh you should get screwed for feeding the wrong poffins, this is the best compromise I think, and I would be happy with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom