• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, then firstly Let’s Go Johto isn’t appropriate for the anniversary too.

Secondly, they were basically in 20th anniversary mode for the entire Gen 7 so I don’t think they’ll do another anniversary celebration immediately after. Otherwise everything would be an anniversary celebration.

The tenth anniversary were the release of DP. The fifteenth anniversary had nothing, and the twentieth had Sun/Moon. I think they might skip this anniversary since I genuinely don’t see GameFreak churning out a new Generation as anniversary games again.
People were asking for a Gen 3 Remake since Gen 5, and it came out in Gen 6, and People are asking for a Gen 4 Remake since Gen 7, and by now it is due for a remake.

Let's Go was made by a different group than Game Freak as a whole, si I could see GF having a break year whilst the Let's Go game released in 2021
What’re you talking about? Let’s Go was made by GameFreak and direct by Masuda.

I'm thinking that they could release a game in either Kanto or Johto for the 25th Anniversary. Sinnoh can wait.
I’m pretty sure GameFreak isn’t idiotic enough to release Kanto again; and Johto isn’t anything special compared to Sinnoh. Kanto’s the only ‘special’ region for anniversaries.

You also didn’t account for my other points that we just had a long term anniversary celebration and GF is no stranger to leaving out anniversaries.

People were asking for a Gen 3 Remake since Gen 5, and it came out in Gen 6, and People are asking for a Gen 4 Remake since Gen 7, and by now it is due for a remake.
As much as I think a Sinnoh Remake is next, people ‘asking’ for a remake hasn’t rushed it ever.
There’s a thread on these forums about Let’s Go Hoenn and Gen 5 remakes already.

The amount of people who want a Sinnoh remake are clearly less than the amount who wanted a Hoenn remake.

The amount of people who want a Sinnoh remake are clearly less than the amount who wanted a Hoenn remake.

We cannot quantify that as of now. For all we know Hoenn confirmed memers were a vocal minority. If a Sinnoh Remake is planned, it’ll happen regardless of amount of fans wanting/not wanting it.

They literally only made ORAS because of fan demand.
Not true, they did it because it was over 10 years old and they needed to update it for a newer console. I mean think about it, the original Gen 3 was on the GBA, which you then have to transfer the Pokemon to Gen 4, to Gen 5, to Bank. No child today (which is their main focus might I remind everyone) has a GBA. Now with Pokemon transferring again from Bank to Home, and from the 3DS to Switch, with no backwards comparability, and kids today hardly bothering to play with DS games by this point. Just like ORAS and LGPE, the climate is just right for a Gen 4 Remake

Last edited:
At the end of the day, Game Freak is a business, so they will keep making remakes whether we want to or not, no matter how popular the demand is for a certain remake. So there will be a Sinnoh remake no matter what anyone says. It all comes down to one thing: not exhausting new ideas very quickly.

I’m pretty sure GameFreak isn’t idiotic enough to release Kanto again; and Johto isn’t anything special compared to Sinnoh. Kanto’s the only ‘special’ region for anniversaries.

In before Let's Go GIGA Pikachu/Eevee for 2020

Not true, they did it because it was over 10 years old and they needed to update it for a newer console.
This feels like a strange reason to remake a game imo. If this is the rationale, then any game that came out for a previous console, for any series, needs a remake. We don’t think of any other series that way, so why do we think of Pokémon like that?

This feels like a strange reason to remake a game imo. If this is the rationale, then any game that came out for a previous console, for any series, needs a remake. We don’t think of any other series that way, so why do we think of Pokémon like that?
It depends really of how old a console is, how old the games are. You also have to remember that we are dealing with a business that makes money with remakes, and also, we are not the only people they are catering for, it's the kids, and most don't even play GBA and DS games anymore.

Personally, at this point, I would be very surprised if Diamond & Pearl remakes did not come out on the Switch this Gen. Because it's the prime time for them. There was a two-Gen gap between HGSS and ORAS, it would fit in with GF's difficult decision to scrap the National Dex (give people a chnce to play with the Sinnoh starters and other Pokemon that didn't make it into SwSh on the big screen), and they could expand on a lot of the original features of DPPt with the Switch's online connectivity (I would be very excited to see how they handle the Underground in particular).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom