• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So... I'm sure this has been asked already but: with how Gamefreak has been doing Pokemon since SM (as in, how the graphics have changed from mostly top down to behind the character or something) how would they do a Sinnoh remake, what with the Sinnoh games being top down and all? Would they return to an upgraded gen 6 style? I'll take that over the art style of LGPE (granted, I really liked the gen 6 artstyle in the first place cause nostalgia).

So... I'm sure this has been asked already but: with how Gamefreak has been doing Pokemon since SM (as in, how the graphics have changed from mostly top down to behind the character or something) how would they do a Sinnoh remake, what with the Sinnoh games being top down and all? Would they return to an upgraded gen 6 style? I'll take that over the art style of LGPE (granted, I really liked the gen 6 artstyle in the first place cause nostalgia).
You know, I don’t think we’ve given that much thought.

For starters, they’d have to redesign/adjust the areas to be a little more rounded and less square. They also have to make things a little more obvious in terms of where you need to go; one of the most common complaints about Sinnoh was how easy it was to get lost.

The more I think about it, the more I think that Game Freak might have to overhaul the region as a whole. Given their current worldview, I’m not sure how they’ll handle it due to how the entire region‘s design clashes with it.

Probably the same way they handled RSE -> ORAS

but for it to widely be considered "good" it needs to hit those various elements so that nearly the entire fanbase can find something that suits their personal preferences.

Even for something to "widely be considered 'good,'" it still doesn't actually necessarily need to cater to all paradigms of enjoyment if some of those are comparatively niche. If the number of people who get super-pumped specifically for having a lot of land to stroll through in the post-game like Eastern Unova, or the amount of people who would enjoy a Battle Frontier only hits quadruple digits, a game that doesn't have what that group would like can very easily still end up "widely being considered good" without them (and even within those subsets of fans, there will be plenty who find other facets of the game to be satisfying and are willing to split the difference). Besides, what metrics are we using here? The review scores of all the recent Pokémon games have all been as solid as ever, and the sales have been consistently great. That doesn't really seem like a video game series that's not satisfying the broad majority of its audience.

If I remember correctly, some of the buildings in the Sinnoh games were kind of 3D in a sense of using the DS's capabilities.

If I remember correctly, some of the buildings in the Sinnoh games were kind of 3D in a sense of using the DS's capabilities.
2.5D you mean.

Gen 1: 2D Pixel (Black and White)
Gen 2: 2D Pixel (Color)
Gen 3: 2D Advanced Pixels
Gen 4: 2.5D Advanced Pixels
Gen 5: 2.75D Advanced Pixels
Gen 6: 3D Models
Gen 7: Improved 3D Models
Gen 8: Realistic 3D Models

Hey do you think they'd make any big changes to any of the cities like they did with Mauville?

Hey do you think they'd make any big changes to any of the cities like they did with Mauville?
They probably will. From what I can picture is that Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Arceus and other Pokemon will receive a Gigamax Form if the leak credibility continues. We might see the Gym Leaders using Dynamax Pokemon, have a lore connecting Dynamax/Gigamax with the Distortion World and Giratina, have Cynthia have a Gigamax Garchomp Form, have the story be like Platinum where you fight Giratina before getting either Dialga or Palkia. Sword and Shield's leak and trailer showing Zacian and Zamazenta does show hints of a focus towards a third Legendary Pokemon, and if that's the focus, then why need a third game/sequal/remix.

What if we just get a remake of Platinum? I think that'd be pretty cool. I don't have to worry about which game to get and I really like platinum.

What if we just get a remake of Platinum? I think that'd be pretty cool. I don't have to worry about which game to get and I really like platinum.
Not happaning. Game Freak never miss an opportunity to double-dip.

Last edited:
They probably will. From what I can picture is that Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Arceus and other Pokemon will receive a Gigamax Form if the leak credibility continues. We might see the Gym Leaders using Dynamax Pokemon, have a lore connecting Dynamax/Gigamax with the Distortion World and Giratina, have Cynthia have a Gigamax Garchomp Form, have the story be like Platinum where you fight Giratina before getting either Dialga or Palkia. Sword and Shield's leak and trailer showing Zacian and Zamazenta does show hints of a focus towards a third Legendary Pokemon, and if that's the focus, then why need a third game/sequal/remix.
I’d rather not have Dynamax be incorporated into Sinnoh’s Gyms. Remember, Galar’s Gym stadiums were made specifically to accommodate Dynamax, so Game Freak would have to convert all of Sinnoh’s gyms into stadiums for that to actually make sense. I’d rather not sacrifice the unique looks of each Gym just for one gimmick.

I’d rather not have Dynamax be incorporated into Sinnoh’s Gyms. Remember, Galar’s Gym stadiums were made specifically to accommodate Dynamax, so Game Freak would have to convert all of Sinnoh’s gyms into stadiums for that to actually make sense. I’d rather not sacrifice the unique looks of each Gym just for one gimmick.
But then again, look at the anime. I'm sure the changes wouldn't be too severe.

Fair.

I don't know if I like dialga of palkia better.

Personally speaking, I like Dialga better on the sole basis that I did start out with Pokémon Diamond, and Dialga was the first legendary Pokémon I caught. In that sense, that's why I like it. Also a big fan of his "steel" arches and metallic blue as opposed to Palkia's more orb-like and purple design, but everyone has their own tastes!

Personally speaking, I like Dialga better on the sole basis that I did start out with Pokémon Diamond, and Dialga was the first legendary Pokémon I caught. In that sense, that's why I like it. Also a big fan of his "steel" arches and metallic blue as opposed to Palkia's more orb-like and purple design, but everyone has their own tastes!
Pokemon Diamond was the first Pokemon game I officially played, managed to defeat Cynthia by the skin of my teeth. But then long after I started using Action Replay on my Pokemon to have random stats and moves so now I can't transfer them. R.I.P.

That's why I'm waiting for a Gen 4 Remake so to start the adventure all over again from scratch.

I want them to retcon the Adamant and Lustrous Orb to have a different purpose than what the games have currently, maybe Dialga and Palkia have forms from their own respective dimensions, but their orbs need to be charged before they have the ability to transform.

personally, i've become gradually less interested in the idea of Sinnoh remakes in general, but part of me does wonder if instead of doing "traditional" Sinnoh remakes and then also doing Let's Go Johto remakes somewhere on the side, maybe they jump ahead and do Let's Go Sinnoh instead?

SwoShi have already implemented some of the Let's Go gameplay elements and have hybridized them with stuff like abilities, held items, and wild battles. wouldn't it be a little awkward for fans of Let's Go to be drawn in to SwoShi, introduced to all of those more complex elements, only to then go back to a Johto game that cuts those things out again? Of course, it's certainly not impossible that they could introduced those Gen 3+ mechanics in a LG Johto game even though they weren't part of the original GSC, but that feels a little weird to me. Whereas if they skip ahead to a LG Sinnoh game, those Gen 3+ things might not feel as jarring because they were already in the original DPP, and it would give Go players the ability to transfer a much wider number of their Pokémon into the game since Go itself is already in its Gen 4 phase - essentially anything could be sent over from Go, which could be more appealing than merely extending the Go Park whitelist to include the original 250. Gen 4 also has a lot of Mythical Pokémon that Go has yet to introduce, so maybe a LG Sinnoh game could be used for that purpose (perhaps for Manaphy and Phione, a reversal of how they originally needed to be brought over from Ranger to DPP). And they wouldn't really have to worry about overhauling the Sinnoh region map to "match" Galar and the Wild Area and such. LGPE Kanto was a 1:1 so a LGDP Sinnoh could be too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom