• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, a traditional Sinnoh remake is the best option for Game Freak at this point, plus, Gen 4 Pokemon don't have the same iconic presence that Gen 2 does to even have a Let's Go version of it. And this is Game Freak, they are most likely going to make a traditional Gen 4 remake before a Let's Go version of it is made, ultimately, any company's goal is to maximize as much profit as possible and Game Freak wouldn't be able to maximize profits if they just stuck to one remake series. Yes, the game will sell well regardless, but even Game Freak knows that ending a remake series will prevent them from maximizing profits. If anything, the traditional remake series will continue along with the Let's Go series, with Let's Go being for the games that were already remade while traditional remakes being for games that weren't remade yet.

Nah, a traditional Sinnoh remake is the best option for Game Freak at this point, plus, Gen 4 Pokemon don't have the same iconic presence that Gen 2 does to even have a Let's Go version of it. And this is Game Freak, they are most likely going to make a traditional Gen 4 remake before a Let's Go version of it is made, ultimately, any company's goal is to maximize as much profit as possible and Game Freak wouldn't be able to maximize profits if they just stuck to one remake series. Yes, the game will sell well regardless, but even Game Freak knows that ending a remake series will prevent them from maximizing profits. If anything, the traditional remake series will continue along with the Let's Go series, with Let's Go being for the games that were already remade while traditional remakes being for games that weren't remade yet.
Someone did make this video showing the connections Galar and Sinnoh could have...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN5Ypc08IZg

It shows that the Dynamaxing is caused by a rift in the Distortion World, and if true, then maybe that would be explained further in the Gen 4 remake.

If anything, the traditional remake series will continue along with the Let's Go series, with Let's Go being for the games that were already remade while traditional remakes being for games that weren't remade yet.

That's a lot more work, though. Especially if they're already finding it difficult to manage the animation qualities needed for the Switch. Sure, they're out to maximize profits, but a second set of Kalos games in 2015 would have also made a profit and yet they didn't shoot for that, seemingly (at least in part) because their plate was already full.

As far as the icon status of each generation goes, nothing is Kanto-tier anyway so I similarly wouldn't be too surprised if no more Let's Go games happened at all, but either way, a Gen 4 remake would inherently include a fair amount of Gen 2 Pokémon because of the added evolutions, and Gen 4 has Lucario which I think is at least as much of a breakout hit as anything from Gen 2.

I doubt there will be a third Gen 8 game because from what the leak hinted at, it looks as if the third Pokemon will be playing a big role in Sword and Shield's story.
Just as Giratina would be for the Gen 4 remake. It'll be just like Platinum, only instead of catching the two mascot Pokemon for Diamond and Pearl, you would instead get one.

I can already see some parallels between Galar and Sinnoh from this alone.

Pokemon Diamond was the first Pokemon game I officially played, managed to defeat Cynthia by the skin of my teeth. But then long after I started using Action Replay on my Pokemon to have random stats and moves so now I can't transfer them. R.I.P.

That's why I'm waiting for a Gen 4 Remake so to start the adventure all over again from scratch.

Haha, I played my early DS games on an R4, so my team is literally stuck in that purgatory. Oh well! But yes, I used Dialga against Cynthia over and over again and holy bonkers do I love Roar of Time! So pumped for a Gen 4 remake! I want to go back to that old time.

Of course, it's certainly not impossible that they could introduced those Gen 3+ mechanics in a LG Johto game even though they weren't part of the original GSC, but that feels a little weird to me.
It is just abilities. LGPE already have double battles and even Mega Evolutions.

Yeah I'm with you here. No.

I wouldn't object to the dragons of space time getting primal forms. Or maybe their own origin forms.
I think we'll be seeing more dimensions, seeing that they’re suddenly wanting to explore more dimensions like Ultra Space. Maybe Dialga and Palkia's home dimensions, which can pave way for their origin forms.

Haha, I played my early DS games on an R4, so my team is literally stuck in that purgatory. Oh well! But yes, I used Dialga against Cynthia over and over again and holy bonkers do I love Roar of Time! So pumped for a Gen 4 remake! I want to go back to that old time.
I'm currently replaying Platinum and caught Giratina! I'm currently split on using Giratina in the league...

Nice! I replay Plat just cuz I think the experience is fuller than Diamond. Altho if Diamond and Pearl are getting remakes, I think it is obvious which one I will go for lmao
I’ll be picking the Diamond remake myself, since Platinum won’t be remade and I detest Palkia’s design. I always found Dialga to be better looking.

The question is: what role will Looker play? He's shown up in every generation since 4 but in 4 he only played a role in Platinum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom