• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Make Mount Coronet less of a maze that gave my 8-year old self severe self-doubt in figuring out when to use what HMs where
Wayward cave was hell for me in my first Platinum run. It was even more frustrating when I realised that I need to go to the hidden area to find Gible, and foolish me forgot to take TM earthquake so I had to backtrack to that wretched place to complete my set.

A Gible with earthquake is worth the hassle, though.

Just here to know I'll go with my boy Dialga's remake.

Also, if we don't get their new forms when in their own dimensions, consider me a sad Pangoro.

I'm getting diamond but also Palkia's design somehow doesn't look as bad as I thought it did when I was younger. Food for thought.

Palkia simply looks like a Groudon wearing a shiny space suit. Booooring.

Last edited:
That makes him double good because space makes everything gooder.
Space makes everything gooder? Would you rather see Beyoncé wearing her regular clothes, or Beyoncé wearing a space suit?

(don't answer :p)

Last edited:
Just saw the latest trailer and it looks very impressive. I could already imagine how the Gen 4 Remake could work out. Gigantamaxing looks impressive, and I can already imagine Cynthia's Garchomp getting one. Although the Pokemon League will be like the anime this time.

Just saw the latest trailer and it looks very impressive. I could already imagine how the Gen 4 Remake could work out. Gigantamaxing looks impressive, and I can already imagine Cynthia's Garchomp getting one. Although the Pokemon League will be like the anime this time.

Gigantimax Garchomp huh? Alright, we really out here!

Gigantimax Garchomp huh? Alright, we really out here!
Since it is likely Leon's Charizard has a Gigantomax Form, why not Cynthia's Garchomp for the Gen 4 Remake?

Just like Steven's Mega Metagoss when Diantaha's ace is Mega Gardevoir.

Since it is likely Leon's Charizard has a Gigantomax Form, why not Cynthia's Garchomp for the Gen 4 Remake?

Just like Steven's Mega Metagoss when Diantaha's ace is Mega Gardevoir.

I really hope if they do bring Dynamax to DPP we still get Megas

I really hope if they do bring Dynamax to DPP we still get Megas
Megas it seems to be replaced by Gigantomax
Z-Moves it seems to be replaced by Dynamax

Although the company might bring the items back. They only did this because they feel with the Pokemon holding a specific item, with a Mega Pokemon lasting the entire battle and Z-Moves only used once just breaks the balance somewhat. The whole point of Dynamax/Gigantomax is to fix all that, so they can hold healing items whilst in a gigantic form that lasts three times. It's so to give the games a better challenge.

Megas it seems to be replaced by Gigantomax
Z-Moves it seems to be replaced by Dynamax

Although the company might bring the items back. They only did this because they feel with the Pokemon holding a specific item, with a Mega Pokemon lasting the entire battle and Z-Moves only used once just breaks the balance somewhat. The whole point of Dynamax/Gigantomax is to fix all that, so they can hold healing items whilst in a gigantic form that lasts three times. It's so to give the games a better challenge.

Yeah I get that but they could easily change how Megas work in game or at least for competitive. The designs are just so cool I’d hate to see them disappear.

As a Cynthia fan you have my undying respect :bulbaLove:

They could make Mega Evolution last for 3 rounds like Dynamax/Gigantomax

That was my first idea to or they could make it “demega” if it takes enough or super effective damage. My feeling after seeing Japanese twitter is that they just didn’t want to code in Megas or come up with new ones.

That was my first idea to or they could make it “demega” if it takes enough or super effective damage. My feeling after seeing Japanese twitter is that they just didn’t want to code in Megas or come up with new ones.
Probably because they are on a tight schedule to get the games released and tie it all in with the anime, manga, merchendising, etc. Pokemon at this point is an empire.

Perhaps Megas will return for the Gen 4 Remake.

Probably because they are on a tight schedule to get the games released and tie it all in with the anime, manga, merchendising, etc. Pokemon at this point is an empire.

Perhaps Megas will return for the Gen 4 Remake.

I hope so and I’m glad someone else brought this up. People keep telling me they could just delay the games but it’s impossible it would throw off the timing for the Anime and TCG. I’ve heard development started as early as 2014 although more realistically and confirmed by GameFreak 2016.

I don’t see why it is so rushed other than they just don’t have the people there anymore due to Town.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom