• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely not!

Exactly. Primals weren't a thing for anything but Kyogre and Groudon. Give Dialga and Palkia their own thing (or have them have origin forms and share that with Giritina.)

Right point there.
They don't need G-max they alredy are big. But if they get it then with abilitie and moves change time and space.

Eternal or Celestial forms?
Arceus and Giratina then need also something.
That shadow giratina form could be explained this way better and be a G-max form actually.

Legendaries can get G-max, but if gen 8 starters get it then what with gen 4 starters and gen 2 starters? feels akward that some wil get this and others that...

G-max Torterra makes sense but how it would work? also what about hopes when it comes to type change for some? Interesting will be to see how they handle the hopes of fans with it all.

Still think Johto starters would deserve megas activated via Mega stone with a Z-move in it already.
If we start to treat G-max forms like the new "Megas" it will not be special anymore.
Megas are long lasting forms, that allow ability and type change too if G-max is more powerful then that's why 3 turn restriction.(we will see if the abilities and types of other G-max pokes will maybe change and how stats are others)
We know they have Max and G-max moves as nearly powerfull as Z-moves, probably still weaker.

Hmmm hard nutt to crush there.

Did someone compared the power of Max and G-max moves with the power of Z-moves?
whats the difference in power there?

Last edited:
I just wanna throw this out there regarding the missing Pokemon in SwSh, but in XY we were missing roughly half the National Dex, and a lot of it was Hoenn Pokemon or Pokemon obtainable in Hoenn/in the Hoenn Regional Dex. I believe Gamefreak will intentionally leave out a lot of Sinnoh Dex Pokemon so that in 2020 remakes, we'll get the Pokemon SwSh are missing.

Absolutely not!

Exactly. Primals weren't a thing for anything but Kyogre and Groudon. Give Dialga and Palkia their own thing (or have them have origin forms and share that with Giritina.)

Actually...

I just wanna throw this out there regarding the missing Pokemon in SwSh, but in XY we were missing roughly half the National Dex, and a lot of it was Hoenn Pokemon or Pokemon obtainable in Hoenn/in the Hoenn Regional Dex. I believe Gamefreak will intentionally leave out a lot of Sinnoh Dex Pokemon so that in 2020 remakes, we'll get the Pokemon SwSh are missing.

Actually...

Primal forms make sense then. But maybe if they want to they can call them different when under control. Would be cool if it got a time or turn oriented ability like trickroom or making one turn like 3 or forcing the oponent to recharge after the first attack?

Primal Dialga isn't actually a real Primal form, it just happens when Dialga goes on a rampage.

It's because I have seen this misconception way too many times in the earlier of Sinnoh remake speculation days when Gen 7 wasn't even a thing.

It's because I have seen this misconception way too many times in the earlier of Sinnoh remake speculation days when Gen 7 wasn't even a thing.
People have been speculating for Gen 3 since Gen 5, and it came out in Gen 6.
People have been speculating for Gen 4 since Gen 7, and it looks as if Gen 4 will be remade for next year.

People have been speculating for Gen 3 since Gen 5, and it came out in Gen 6.
People have been speculating for Gen 4 since Gen 7, and it looks as if Gen 4 will be remade for next year.
My point is, not many people took a look at Primal Dialga's name in other languages, namely Japanese and how it translates directly into English. They should've compared that with the real Primals' names as well. Low and behold, it was Dark Dialga in Japanese while it's still Primal for Kyogre and Groudon in Japanese.

My point is, not many people took a look at Primal Dialga's name in other languages, namely Japanese and how it translates directly into English. They should've compared that with the real Primals' names as well. Low and behold, it was Dark Dialga in Japanese while it's still Primal for Kyogre and Groudon in Japanese.
As I said also, the Gen 4 remake will have Dialga, Palkia and Giratina be in a form similar, if not... like Gigantomaxing.

They have no reason to do that anymore because of Dexit. You can't trade Pokemon between different games anymore.

Just saw the latest for SwSh merchendisings, and a Dawn and Piplup figurine by Artfx J has been confirmed for May 2020. This might mean nothing, but it might be a possible hint for the Gen 4 Remake for next year.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5EruYGe0ZY

Also, I've an idea to what could replace the Poketch. A device similar to the iwatch to sync with the Sinnoh Pokedex (if it's a Rotom Phone), but also functioning as a Dynamax wristband.

Just saw the latest for SwSh merchendisings, and a Dawn and Piplup figurine by Artfx J has been confirmed for May 2020. This might mean nothing, but it might be a possible hint for the Gen 4 Remake for next year.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5EruYGe0ZY

Also, I've an idea to what could replace the Poketch. A device similar to the iwatch to sync with the Sinnoh Pokedex (if it's a Rotom Phone), but also functioning as a Dynamax wristband.

However, an Elesa figure is also being released, so it means nothing.

Oh I dunno. I still think Game Freak's trip to Southern France and Northern Spain a few years ago has something to it.

Last edited:
That Dawn and Piplup figurine for May 2020 maybe, or maybe not mean something. It's always fun to guess for what's to come.

Pokeshopper said in one of the comments that there's no doubt that we will be getting a lot of Gen 4 merchandise to coincide with the remake for next year.

Is it wrong to do so without showing negativity over it? I'm calm and patient over this here.

Last edited:
That Dawn and Piplup figurine for May 2020 maybe, or maybe not mean something. It's always fun to guess for what's to come.

Pokeshopper said in one of the comments that there's no doubt that we will be getting a lot of Gen 4 merchandise to coincide with the remake for next year.

Is it wrong to do so without showing negativity over it? I'm calm and patient over this here.
However, there is no guarantee of a Sinnoh remake next year as Game Freak can easily release something else or not at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom