• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
However, there is no guarantee of a Sinnoh remake next year as Game Freak can easily release something else or not at all.
As it is, there is hardly any mention of SwSh at the moment, all the focus is with Masters in which will be out in 29th August. So, hardly anything SwSh for corocoro this month, but will be in September. Merchandising will also be out in November, as info so far is hush hush compared with what we had with Gen 7. It's like as if SwSh is going to be a reboot for the Pokemon series or something.

I went over this in a separate post of mine regarding third versions and the lack of them, but I would wholeheartedly enjoy if Gamefreak went full-send in 2020 and gave us a Platinum remake, a standalone game (something we haven't gotten since Platinum), with all the features of Platinum, such as the Battle Frontier, the Distortion World, both Dialga and Palkia, Looker, Charon, the expanded Sinnoh Dex. If they wanted to put some weight to ORAS's "Battle Frontier Coming Soon!", they could even scrap the SinJoh Frontier (which imo felt rushed compared to Hoenn's anyways), and instead allow us to take a boat to the Hoenn Frontier! (Without any other access to Hoenn, of course, although if they decided to let us access Hoenn which would be an incredible longshot, I certainly won't be complaining). Also, as far as the Sinnoh Dex Pokemon exclusive to Diamond and Pearl and NOT seen in Platinum (Murkrow line, Misdreavus line, Glameow line, Stunky line), they can still be made available for this Platinum remake via Pokemon GO connectivity or being available in SwSh. This will still hold true to Gamefreak's game design of not letting you get the whole regional Dex in a single game, and requiring at least one other game to source these Pokemon from. It's my opinion that ORAS would've been better games if it was Delta Emerald instead, with a 3D cutscene of Groudon and Kyogre's battle, with Rayquaza descending to stop them, and the Battle Frontier being in the post-game, but alas, we didn't get the Hoenn game we deserved and ORAS will always be a 9/10 for me (a 10/10 would've been a Battle Frontier).

I went over this in a separate post of mine regarding third versions and the lack of them, but I would wholeheartedly enjoy if Gamefreak went full-send in 2020 and gave us a Platinum remake, a standalone game (something we haven't gotten since Platinum), with all the features of Platinum, such as the Battle Frontier, the Distortion World, both Dialga and Palkia, Looker, Charon, the expanded Sinnoh Dex. If they wanted to put some weight to ORAS's "Battle Frontier Coming Soon!", they could even scrap the SinJoh Frontier (which imo felt rushed compared to Hoenn's anyways), and instead allow us to take a boat to the Hoenn Frontier! (Without any other access to Hoenn, of course, although if they decided to let us access Hoenn which would be an incredible longshot, I certainly won't be complaining). Also, as far as the Sinnoh Dex Pokemon exclusive to Diamond and Pearl and NOT seen in Platinum (Murkrow line, Misdreavus line, Glameow line, Stunky line), they can still be made available for this Platinum remake via Pokemon GO connectivity or being available in SwSh. This will still hold true to Gamefreak's game design of not letting you get the whole regional Dex in a single game, and requiring at least one other game to source these Pokemon from. It's my opinion that ORAS would've been better games if it was Delta Emerald instead, with a 3D cutscene of Groudon and Kyogre's battle, with Rayquaza descending to stop them, and the Battle Frontier being in the post-game, but alas, we didn't get the Hoenn game we deserved and ORAS will always be a 9/10 for me (a 10/10 would've been a Battle Frontier).
7.8 out of ten, not enough water.

I went over this in a separate post of mine regarding third versions and the lack of them, but I would wholeheartedly enjoy if Gamefreak went full-send in 2020 and gave us a Platinum remake, a standalone game (something we haven't gotten since Platinum), with all the features of Platinum, such as the Battle Frontier, the Distortion World, both Dialga and Palkia, Looker, Charon, the expanded Sinnoh Dex.
Seeing that they paired the third version remake (Yellow>LGPE), I doubt we're seeing a third version release anytime soon.

Seeing that they paired the third version remake (Yellow>LGPE), I doubt we're seeing a third version release anytime soon.
It'll most likely be a Diamond and Pearl Remake with the Platinum story with Giratina. Unlike Platinum, you can only get Dialga or Palkia. And will also introduce Dynamax/Gigantomax, just as ORAS introduced Megas from XY.

The fact that 18.2% of fans here would actually want a 'Let's GO' variant of Crystal version is truly frightening. What did the rest of us do to deserve something like this?
You've got to remember that kids are another main demographic that GF are really focusing on, aside from the older fans. And with the ipad/iphone already the rage, it is hard for the series to compete. Having the Gen 4 Remake would be enough to distract them over, as long as it's done with the right love and care.

It'll most likely be a Diamond and Pearl Remake with the Platinum story with Giratina. Unlike Platinum, you can only get Dialga or Palkia. And will also introduce Dynamax/Gigantomax, just as ORAS introduced Megas from XY.

You mean like how we still got the story from Emerald in ORAS and still got to see the epic legendary battle? Oh, wait...

You mean like how we still got the story from Emerald in ORAS and still got to see the epic legendary battle? Oh, wait...
No, the story will be like Platinum, as in when Cyrus is summoning Dialga and Palkia, Giratina will appear and drag him into the Distortion World. However in this, it'll be the summoning of either Dialga for Diamond Remake or Palkia for Pearl Remake.

No, the story will be like Platinum, as in when Cyrus is summoning Dialga and Palkia, Giratina will appear and drag him into the Distortion World. However in this, it'll be the summoning of either Dialga for Diamond Remake or Palkia for Pearl Remake.

That's about as likely as we were to get the legendary battle where Groudon is catchable afterwards in OR, and Kyogre in AS. But no, we got no legendary battle with Rayquaza stepping in, instead we got more or less carbon copy versions of Ruby and Sapphire's respective legendary encounters, BUT WITH PRIMALS YAYYYY

I wish you were right, seriously, but I just have little hope for Gamefreak to deliver quality anymore. I'll play a Sinnoh remake regardless of how objectively good or bad it is because it's Sinnoh and I enjoyed every minute of the Sinnoh games, but games I imagine in my head are a lot better than games we get.

Imagine if they introduce Sinnohian Form Pokemon for the Gen 4 Remake. No big changes, just some Pokemon that are unique to Sinnoh. Perhaps some Galar Pokemon adapted to Sinnoh or something.

Imagine if they introduce Sinnohian Form Pokemon for the Gen 4 Remake. No big changes, just some Pokemon that are unique to Sinnoh. Perhaps some Galar Pokemon adapted to Sinnoh or something.

I can see them adding Sinnohan forms in the remakes. They seem to be more and more inclined to add new Pokemon and forms to each game, and Sinnohan forms would help justify adding Pokemon in there that weren't there before.

I can see them adding Sinnohan forms in the remakes. They seem to be more and more inclined to add new Pokemon and forms to each game, and Sinnohan forms would help justify adding Pokemon in there that weren't there before.
And maybe some of those forms could have evolutions of their own. I mean, it'd make sense seeing as how Rowan studies evolution.

Which is why if we do get a remake, they need to go with the Platinum Pokédex. Makes no sense for a fire type trainer to only have two fire types on his team.
Most likely we will get the Platinum Pokedex. There will also be even more Pokemon added. The bare minimum of what they could add include Sylveon, the remaining 7 legendaries that aren't in the Sinnoh Dex (Heatran, Regigigas, Cresselia, Phione, Darkrai, Shaymin, and Arceus), the Regis (you need them to get Regigigas), and Ditto (you need it in order to obtain Phione). They could also add new regional variants and even new species altogether.

New regional variants should be for Gen 5 Pokemon onwards as Pokemon from Gen 1-4 already appeared as normal. However, the exception would be those who exclusively appeared in HGSS in the wild.

New regional variants should be for Gen 5 Pokemon onwards as Pokemon from Gen 1-4 already appeared as normal. However, the exception would be those who exclusively appeared in HGSS in the wild.

They don't have to stick to that. They've already established that there's multiple universes in ORAS, so they're free to retcon whatever species they want. I don't think they'll retcon anything that was in the dex to begin with (as that would mean they'd have to overhaul the teams that used them in the original), but Pokemon that were previously National Dex Pokemon in the original could still be changed, they're probably going to overhaul the post game rosters anyway to accommodate for the 300 or so new Pokemon introduced since the original.

How about Let's Go Suicune, Let's Go Entei and Let's Go Raikou or Let's Go Celebi? These will fit for the LG remakes of Crystal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom