• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
However, the Origin Forms wouldn't be very exciting, as all they would do is switch around their offensive and defensive stats.
Dialga and Palkia’s origin forms could be boosted.

However, whatever they do will also have to be applied to Giratina for the sake of consistency.
Mega Rayquaza says hi.
“Origin conversion” isn’t a mechanic so there’s nothing stopping Origin Dialga and Palkia to have stat boosts.

With Galarian evolutions such as Obstagoon, that would be enough to attract Professor Rowan to the region.

I was talking about Flint in DP, not Platinum. In DP he only had two Fire Pokémon in his team: Rapidash and Infernape. The other Fire Types that he has were added in Platinum.
I wasn't talking team-wise. Jut like Magmortar and Electivire are counterparts, so those two were created as such, just like Roark and Byron and Rampardos and Bastiodon. When you think of Flint and Volkner, it's hard not to think about the Pkmn. The fact that Flint and Volkner hadn't them in their teams is just bad planning that we got to see with other E4 members in DP.

For some reason I thought of this:

latest
Think more of this:
https://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/c/c9/Dialkia_statue.png/483px-Dialkia_statue.png

I wasn't talking team-wise. Jut like Magmortar and Electivire are counterparts, so those two were created as such, just like Roark and Byron and Rampardos and Bastiodon. When you think of Flint and Volkner, it's hard not to think about the Pkmn. The fact that Flint and Volkner hadn't them in their teams is just bad planning that we got to see with other E4 members in DP.
Yeah, but they didn't carry Electivire and Magmortar in DP. Their aces back then were Infernape and Luxray, who are not counterparts as far as I know, so I don't think that's what they were going for at first.

EDIT: And that still doesn't take the problem of having a Fire-Type user with only two Fire-Types, which is still something I'm wondering.

Last edited:
I forgot something: I hope that Cyrus get's a more "Galactic" main Pokémon...I don't think Weavile suits him, so I hope they give an evolution to Bronzong.

On one hand I really want Sinnoh remakes.

On the other hand... I'm really worried about what will inevitably be cut out of them. I'm already certain that they'd refuse to bring back Sinnoh's Battle Frontier.

On one hand I really want Sinnoh remakes.

On the other hand... I'm really worried about what will inevitably be cut out of them. I'm already certain that they'd refuse to bring back Sinnoh's Battle Frontier.
Yeah, and I don't think that character customization will return either.

Well that's justified. It wasn't in the original Sinnoh games.
And, the layouts of the towns in Sinnoh weren't designed for character customization. They would have to either drastically change the layouts of all the Sinnoh towns or they would have to combine the Poke Marts and Pokemon Centers into one building like they are in the newer games and put boutiques where all the Poke Marts were. Considering that ORAS didn't even do this, I find it doubtful that they will do it now.

And, the layouts of the towns in Sinnoh weren't designed for character customization. They would have to either drastically change the layouts of all the Sinnoh towns or they would have to combine the Poke Marts and Pokemon Centers into one building like they are in the newer games and put boutiques where all the Poke Marts were. Considering that ORAS didn't even do this, I find it doubtful that they will do it now.
I can see how the Poffin cooking will work in the remake, probably like the curry for SwSh.

Also, the tweet picture of Masuda standing beside a cathedral in Southern France 2 years ago is likely research for the realistic designing for the Cathedral in Hearthome City.

Last edited:
I can see how the Poffin cooking will work in the remake, probably like the curry for SwSh.

Also, the tweet picture of Masuda standing beside a cathedral in Southern France 2 years ago is likely research for the realistic designing for the Cathedral in Hearthome City.
However, it could be something for Galar itself. We'll never know until Sword & Shield come out.

However, it could be something for Galar itself. We'll never know until Sword & Shield come out.
SwSh had been worked on since Gen 7 came out. Just like when ORAS is being made at the same time as XY after the release of Gen 5, It's not too difficult to assume that the Gen 4 Remake is being made simultaneously to SwSh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom