• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
However, if they don't do that, then that would just restrict the use of Dynamax/Gigantamax to Max Raids, and I highly doubt that they would do that.
They can easily come up with new places to fit Dynamax in Sinnoh. Maybe even battle facilities or a secondary quest. Why are you so pessimistic about these games? Dynamax doesn’t really mean that Sinnoh remakes will be spoiled.

A lot of us don't even like dynamaxing (at least, that's what I gathered) and we're already figuring out ways to handwave away it's possible inclusion in Sinnoh.

@Champion Cynthia

Galar is clearly meant to be a cross between Galant and Valor, but it would make a bit more sense to call it Galor, as that would also fit in with the "every region has an O in the name" pattern. So why didn't it? There is a town in Spain called... Galar!
Yeah that’s a silly decision. Perhaps that Galar could either be inspiration or a hint for Gen 9

I don't remember FR/LG Kanto being a Hoenn clone, HG/SS Johto being a Sinnoh clone, and OR/AS Hoenn being a Kalos clone, so why exactly would the Sinnoh region from the yet unannounced remakes be a Galar clone?
Yes these games have few elements from the main Gen games it shares with, but it's not altogether a clone to them.

FR/LG had Battle Frontier I think, HG/SS had an Arceus event as well as battling the Sinnoh Gym Leaders, ORAS having Megas, so the remake of Gen 4 would mostly likely have Dynamax/Gigantomax in it. And if so, Sinnohan Forms as well.

Yes these games have few elements from the main Gen games it shares with, but it's not altogether a clone to them.

FR/LG had Battle Frontier I think, HG/SS had an Arceus event as well as battling the Sinnoh Gym Leaders, ORAS having Megas, so the remake of Gen 4 would mostly likely have Dynamax/Gigantomax in it. And if so, Sinnohan Forms as well.
There was no Battle Frontier in FR/LG (unfortunately), you're probably thinking of the Trainer Tower, which later reappeared in Emerald as Trainer Hill. Similarly, Altering Cave was introduced in FR/LG and later copy-pasted into Emerald, but aside from these two instances, I don't think the games share much except the same gameplay mechanics. As for HG/SS, I don't remember being able to battle the Sinnoh gym leaders lol, but the games did have the exact same Battle Frontier as in Platinum, but that's it.

I don't know, I didn't have an issue with them bringing Mega Evolution to Hoenn in OR/AS, it simply existed without them making that big a deal out of it. And I agree, I'd assume it'll be similar with Dynamax and hopefully Sinnohan forms. I still lowkey hate the Dynamax mechanic, though.

Last edited:
I hope they'd add some regular Pokemon from gen 5 onwards in the main game. Like Rolycoly in the coal mines or Flabebe in Floaroma Town.

I'd be extremely disappointed if they add nothing new to the Sinnoh dex, and just keep the first 4 generations only.

I hope they'd add some regular Pokemon from gen 5 onwards in the main game. Like Rolycoly in the coal mines or Flabebe in Floaroma Town.

I'd be extremely disappointed if they add nothing new to the Sinnoh dex, and just keep the first 4 generations only.

Agreed. I feel like it will help freshen up the region. At least 50-100 gen 5+ Pokémon to bump up the regional 'dex to around 300-350 (going off of Platinum's Pokédex size) would be really nice.

The only new addition I could see to the Sinnoh Dex is Sylveon, since Eevee was in the Platinum Sinnoh Dex and all its evolutions were as well. Platinum already had a relatively big regional dex, I don't see the need to add to it. Just do what they did for Hoenn in ORAS, add evolutionary relatives (in this case, sadly, there's only one).

Also, I don't see Dynamaxing being in Sinnoh remakes. Just as Z-moves were exclusive to the Alola region and their Island Trial Challenge/Pokemon League Challenge, Dynamaxing would appear to be similar but for Galar, it's a Galar-exclusive mechanic. NOW, is that to say there won't be Dynamax Pokemon for multiplayer? Not necessarily, but that depends on how they handle Dexit.

On one hand, if they stick true to their guns and rotate the roster of Pokemon around, there won't be any online battling between SwSh and Sinnoh remakes anyways, unless they let you battle with Pokemon that are present in both games, now if the Sinnoh Dex Pokemon are added in patches to SwSh as well as in Sinnoh remakes, then you could make a case for Dynamaxing to appear post-game in Sinnoh remakes just so you can battle with them vs. SwSh players. That being said, I find option 2 incredibly unlikely, as there will be a lot of Pokemon in Sinnoh remakes that aren't even present in SwSh, completely killing any idea of connectivity between the two games. With the case of XY and ORAS, there was a set of battling rules called "Kalos Rules" that basically disallowed any ORAS-exclusive features such as new Megas, Primals, new moves, and new items. As I said before, it's possible they do something similar even without patches to include new Pokemon to the roster, but if that's not the case and the games share, for example, only 50-100 Pokemon in common, then that idea more or less goes out the window.

As far as carry over features from SwSh, I wouldn't mind seeing stadium/tournament style Gyms and Pokemon Leagues. I mean the anime has had this kind of stuff for the entirety of its existence and fans have been asking for this to be implemented into the games for years. They could even implement a wild area, there's two really nice huge lots of blank land in Sinnoh, one in between Veilstone, Pastoria, and Solaceon town. Another in between Hearthome, Solaceon, and Celestic town. Either one of these locations could host a wild area if that's the route Gamefreak wanted to take.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom