• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree. I think they're a neat world building thing, and thus should stay. It'd be really nice if some stands had bikes on them that changed every time you entered the area. Just something to make Sinnoh feel more alive and lived in.
I don't see that happening, though it would be better than to just have the stands because GF went from having roads with moving trucks in Isshu to having cars as a more decorative thing in Alola, which was sad. I'd prefer if from time to time, NPC appeared in bikes instead of just being there already.

I have a question: why does everyone always seem to use the japanese name for Unova?

I don't see that happening, though it would be better than to just have the stands because GF went from having roads with moving trucks in Isshu to having cars as a more decorative thing in Alola, which was sad. I'd prefer if from time to time, NPC appeared in bikes instead of just being there already.

Wait, Einall had moving trucks? Where? All I remember are the walking NPCs in places like Volucité...

Okay now this is ridiculous. Every other region has a consistent name but not Unova?

Wait, Einall had moving trucks? Where? All I remember are the walking NPCs in places like Volucité...
Unova didn't. He probably got it confused with a fangame called Pokemon: Solar Light and Lunar Dark, which does have moving vehicles in one city. Said fangame also looks like the Unova games graphics wise and most of the music used is from the Unova games.

I thought Unova had moving cars in some of the overpasses or beneath a few of the bridges; just not any of the places you could walk. None of the other regions really have that "bustling city" vibe, so I don't mind it being a Unova only thing. I always just assume our characters just stay away from the roads and special routes are made just for trainers.

Edit:

I thought Unova had moving cars in some of the overpasses or beneath a few of the bridges; just not any of the places you could walk. None of the other regions really have that "bustling city" vibe, so I don't mind it being a Unova only thing. I always just assume our characters just stay away from the roads and special routes are made just for trainers.

Edit:

That's what I always thought too.

If we ever get a remake of diamond and pearl I wonder how Dawn will look.

I would love a 4th gen remake but ideally I would prefer Platinum over Diamond and Pearl. Of course it's almost impossible because two games sell more than one. I personally loved contests and the possibility to customize the poke balls. However, some Pokemon should be more common to hatch such as combee, munchlax and feebas. And there were only one lucario and togekiss, a big problem if you think that ditto was almost no available.

If HGSS managed to include aspects from Crystal despite being Gold and Silver remakes, I don't see why a DP remake would completely ignore Platinum. The Giratina and Distortion World stuff could always be put into a Delta episode-esque postgame quest. And at the very least, I doubt we'd end up with DP's awful Pokedex because of Dexit now being a thing.

If HGSS managed to include aspects from Crystal despite being Gold and Silver remakes, I don't see why a DP remake would completely ignore Platinum. The Giratina and Distortion World stuff could always be put into a Delta episode-esque postgame quest. And at the very least, I doubt we'd end up with DP's awful Pokedex because of Dexit now being a thing.
Yeah. Dexit being a thing makes me think that they are absolutely not going to use DP's 151 regional dex.

If we ever get a remake of diamond and pearl I wonder how Dawn will look.
I don't think any of the other protagonists other than Kris->Lyra had any major changes to their designs, so I'm personally hoping she'll look similar to her original design. She was my favorite of the female player characters.

I'm more interested in seeing how they redesign some of the Gym Leaders, Elite Four and Team Galactic. There's been a few characters in HGSS and ORAS who got pretty different redesigns from their originals (Like Sabrina, Morty and teams Aqua and Magma in particular). I wonder who might end up with one of those (if there are any) in an eventual DPPt remake. I can't imagine any of the cast in gen 4 getting drastic redesigns, so I'm curious about that. Maybe they can all wear more wintery clothes or something?

I don't think any of the other protagonists other than Kris->Lyra had any major changes to their designs, so I'm personally hoping she'll look similar to her original design. She was my favorite of the female player characters.
There's also Red and if you count proto designs, Green.

Lol, May change a lot and I don't like. In past generation, there was a tendency for more apparently childish protagonists.

I can see the protagonists having a mix of their designs between DP and Platinum. However, I still expect them to be winter oriented again as the primary theme of their designs. I just hope they let us have the option to have their DP and Platinum outfits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom