• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It might not even be a remake, but something else instead.
You keep mentioning something else? Exactly what is this something else other than maybe a Let's Go game (and anyways a Let's Go Sinnoh game would neither appeal to the LG target audience nor the one wanting SInnoh remakes).

So care to elaborate on this something else?

I'm with Riley. I also don't see a Sinnoh remake for quite some time. I also hope that we don't get a Sinnoh remake. Because that will just continue the cycle. Next there'll be demand for a Unova remake, then Kalos, then Alola. When will it end?

But Game Freak being Game Freak, they don't have the courage to break away from tradition.

I'm with Riley. I also don't see a Sinnoh remake for quite some time. I also hope that we don't get a Sinnoh remake. Because that will just continue the cycle. Next there'll be demand for a Unova remake, then Kalos, then Alola. When will it end?

But Game Freak being Game Freak, they don't have the courage to break away from tradition.
They did with SM and also with SwSh.

Gen 4 Remake seems likely for next year due to what Pokeshopper has pointed out, that there is going to be a lot of merchandising on Sinnoh stuff for next year.

I also hope that we don't get a Sinnoh remake. Because that will just continue the cycle. Next there'll be demand for a Unova remake, then Kalos, then Alola. When will it end?
Well... what’s wrong with that? It’s pretty clear they’re still doing new things like Let's Go (even though the new mechanics aren’t to my taste) and it’s nice to give a chance to people to experience the region they played with upgraded graphics and animations now.

Besides, thats kinda unfair if Kanto gets remade twice (thrice due to GSC) while the other regions don’t even get remade once.
I'd like to see remakes for the 2D games definitely, but I think it’s too early to speculate about the 3D game remakes yet.

The fact that I'm reading people discussing about Gen 4's remakes does make me feel myself old. The good old times in 2006 XD. I hope we're getting D/P remakes in the coming year. Gen 3's remakes (ORAS) and Gen 2 ones (HG/SS) were excellent experiences to me. All they need to do is keep the same game formula, and add the improved gaphics.

It would eventually cause them to become tired and creatively drained, which we're already seeing with Sword & Shield.

I fail to see how GameFreak and/or Sword and Shield are "tired and creatively drained." Can you elaborate on what you mean by that?

Are remakes really that bad of a thing? As secondary pairs, they serve to breathe some fresh air into the generation, as well as give fans of the region an updated version to play with. I'd much rather take (traditional) remakes over Ultra versions any day.

Wherever the franchise goes in the future, I feel like DPPt are the last of the classic era main series games. From Generation V onward they’ve done more to change the formula and become more international, and from Generation VI onward they’ve made the transition to 3D and started relying more on recycling past content (Mega, Gigantamax, regional forms for preexisting monsters, more references to past games).

Speaking of which, I wasn’t initially around for Generation III but playing Alpha Sapphire made me realize how much Pearl was lifting from those games.

As for future releases. I’m no gamer or computers expert myself, but I have to wonder if follow up versions like Emerald or Platinum are an outdated concept since updates and new content can be downloaded post release nowadays.

I don’t think GameFreak is worried about letting the players “tamper with their iconic designs,” because of the fact that Dawn and Lucas will be redesigned so it’s not like they’ll have their iconic designs anyway and because, well, I don’t think GameFreak cares about design iconicness. I’m pretty certain the reason we didn’t get customization in ORAS was because it wasn’t in the originals. However, the fact that LGPE, a game that’s very faithful to the original, has customization gives me hope that we’ll see it in DPPt remakes. I figure by now GameFreak realized that not allowing customization in ORAS was a mistake.
Glad they saw that quickly. Something like that shouldn't be exclusive to regions. I can get contests being something just in one region, after all we don't have a football (American) Stadium in any other country besides our own (I think, I could be wrong) but changing our clothes, I'm sorry but I'm pretty sure we all change our outfits on a daily basis. Da ****?

Since the introduction to DLC, follow-up versions of any franchise have become increasingly unrealistic to stay, heck Fire Emblem: Three Houses literately has three versions inside itself. The only reason why it persisted into the 3DS is that the 3DS was only the testing grounds for more advanced digital downloads when it came to the eShop. If it couldn't handle GBA games very well, then it won't be able to handle substantial DLC at all, the technical limitations just wouldn't allow it.

Since the introduction to DLC, follow-up versions of any franchise have become increasingly unrealistic to stay, heck Fire Emblem: Three Houses literately has three versions inside itself. The only reason why it persisted into the 3DS is that the 3DS was only the testing grounds for more advanced digital downloads when it came to the eShop. If it couldn't handle GBA games very well, then it won't be able to handle substantial DLC at all, the technical limitations just wouldn't allow it.
The only DLC GF has ever made since Gen 6 are updates to fix bugs in the games.

after all we don't have a football (American) Stadium in any other country besides our own (I think, I could be wrong)
I live in Costa Rica and we do have an American Football team, but I don't know if they have a stadium somewhere. Then again, considering they ignore every single sport that it's not soccer in my country, I don't know if they even have done anything at all.

Yeah so I'm hoping for some free dlc updates like outfits, and when it comes to a 3rd version I'd rather a 20 dollar dlc expansion over 60 for the same story.

I would love dlc that lets us visit parts of old regions, like the battle frontier, or spear pillar with a story event that happens there.

I live in Costa Rica and we do have an American Football team, but I don't know if they have a stadium somewhere. Then again, considering they ignore every single sport that it's not soccer in my country, I don't know if they even have done anything at all.
I can see GF getting away with Gen 9 being based on Spain, since the Gym Stadiums would be based on the Bull Wrestling Arenas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom