• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was thinking about how species selection and distribution should be handled in DPPt remakes:

• Total selection should come in at around 400, that’s about the standard number for current main series titles as well as roughly how many were catchable in the original DPPt
  • Should include everything in the original regional index of 210 + whatever is a standard wild encounter or used by trainers in the Battle Zone, and then some
  • Make species that were originally Swarm, Radar, or Dual Slot encounters standard wild encounters. In particular include species unavailable in Sword and Shield.
  • Update trainer rosters to reflect the wider selection.
  • Limit the range of overexposed species. I would be fine with restricting Zubat to Ravaged Path and Wayward Cave rather than have it be in every single cave area in the game
  • On that note. I would like to see Geodude get replaced by Rolycoly in Oreburgh Mine and Lairon at Iron Island. Roark and Byron could use them respectively too.
  • Floraroma Meadow is a good habitat for Flabebe
  • Add Bagon and Dratini to the area around Celestic Town. Version exclusive maybe?
  • Do away with Honey Trees and make Aipom and Heracross standard encounters. Munch lax can be in Trophy Garden.
  • Make Feebas as easily obtainable as it was in OrAs.
  • Make Regirock, Regice and Registeel catchable in game at their locations from Platinum since importing directly from Hoenn is no longer an option
  • Make Mesprit and Cresselia catchable at Lake Verity and Full Moon Island respectively

Some other additions would be expanding Amity Square, I know that place only exists for contests, but what if it served another purpose as well? I think they can give the player the ability to walk with any Pokemon they choose, not just the ones categorized as "cute".

Some other additions would be expanding Amity Square, I know that place only exists for contests, but what if it served another purpose as well? I think they can give the player the ability to walk with any Pokemon they choose, not just the ones categorized as "cute".

Maybe they can convert Amity Square into some kind of Pokemon amie/campground thing. The name "Amity square" fits with that idea of bonding with your Pokemon as well, so it wouldn't be too out of place. They can make it contest-related by having you feed Pokemon Poffins there instead of cakes/beans/curry or something.

Additionally, I kind of doubt the dress-up feature will return because of 3D models now being a thing and the touchscreen being optional on the Switch if you play docked. If you can't find accessories anymore, maybe they'd make it so that you find items or berries instead while you're out with your pokemon.

Unfortunately, Hearthome city is also two gyms into the game and in a static location, so perhaps it won't be the case since previous instances of the bonding minigames seem to be portable. But I don't see what else they could turn it into aside from a generic empty park.

Maybe they can convert Amity Square into some kind of Pokemon amie/campground thing. The name "Amity square" fits with that idea of bonding with your Pokemon as well, so it wouldn't be too out of place. They can make it contest-related by having you feed Pokemon Poffins there instead of cakes/beans/curry or something.

Additionally, I kind of doubt the dress-up feature will return because of 3D models now being a thing and the touchscreen being optional on the Switch if you play docked. If you can't find accessories anymore, maybe they'd make it so that you find items or berries instead while you're out with your pokemon.

Unfortunately, Hearthome city is also two gyms into the game and in a static location, so perhaps it won't be the case since previous instances of the bonding minigames seem to be portable. But I don't see what else they could turn it into aside from a generic empty park.

Was Camping restricted to the Wild Area in SwSh? I guess we’ll figure out the details once the games are released. Maybe there will be a one on one Refresh equivalent on top of that that can be accessed from anywhere. If Camping is present in DPPt remakes, I can see the Underground being relegated to a digging mini game and a Poke Jobs equivalent since Camping already serves a Secret Base and multi player area function.

I imagine Contests would have to be reworked for 3D or made closer to how they were in OrAs.

And as far as I can recall Amity Square didn’t serve much of a purpose anyways. If anything it seemed like a testing ground for the walking companion feature in HgSs. It seems like a feature that could easily be cut.

View: https://twitter.com/pokexperto/status/1187359334453448709

Latest info from an interview. Turns out that they have no plans for another Let's Go game, so that's Let's Go Johto shelved. Which will likely mean that a Gen 4 Remake or a Third Version of SwSh is in the works for the next two years.

However, being Game Freak, that does not mean LG Johto is completely off the table. Perhaps they're saving it for Gen 9.

From what I've heard here, it also implies that it would be a Let's Go game.
However, the interview confirms that a Let's Go game is not planned at this time, which would make the second Let's Go game impossible for this generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom