• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn’t seem particularly likely, but part of me thinks DPPt remakes would be best delayed until Generation IX. As a general rule the main series doesn't learn to use the hardware to its full potential until two generations on the same console. Generation VI was pretty visually subpar for a major 3DS title while Generation VII looked pretty good, likewise SwSh is looking somewhat underwhelming for a major Switch title.

Maybe this is just wishful thinking on my part, but I feel like the RSE remakes would have been considerably better as a Generation VII release with visuals, features, and character customization options from SM (Alola and Hoenn are both lush warm islands anyway). Mantine Surf replacing some of those sea routes would have been nice...

When I think about BW compared to DP and SM compared to XY, I'm with you. But they've never done it before so I guess the remakes come just after Sword/Shield.

With the new amine series seemingly being based on the reboot from movies 20 and 21 we could see Ash's companions with the Lucario and Piplup come back.

I don't think they will delay DPremakes, I'm sure we'll have them November 2020. They seem to building up hype towards these for a while.

With the new amine series seemingly being based on the reboot from movies 20 and 21 we could see Ash's companions with the Lucario and Piplup come back.

I don't think they will delay DPremakes, I'm sure we'll have them November 2020. They seem to building up hype towards these for a while.
Err... wrong Forum page.

Here's the link to where you should be discussing in.

PREVIEW: - Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Err... wrong Forum page.

Here's the link to where you should be discussing in.

PREVIEW: - Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Firstly mini modding is discouraged on Bulbagarden.
Secondly, the topic at hand is speculation on Generation 4 remakes specifically a potential delay from the theorised 2020 timeline. I was providing evidence against that, so very much on topic and on the right forum page.

In terms of what they could do, they could have both the regional forms and the standard forms for many Pokemon, like both Sandslash variants in the same game. This can be explained due to Sinnoh being split right through the middle, with East Sinnoh having one variant of the Pokemon while West Sinnoh having the other variant of the same Pokemon. They already did this with Shellos and Gastrodon back in the day when Gen 4 was new.

In terms of what they could do, they could have both the regional forms and the standard forms for many Pokemon, like both Sandslash variants in the same game. This can be explained due to Sinnoh being split right through the middle, with East Sinnoh having one variant of the Pokemon while West Sinnoh having the other variant of the same Pokemon. They already did this with Shellos and Gastrodon back in the day when Gen 4 was new.

Yea but because it is Alolan Sandslash and now just Ice Slandslash, I think I'd prefer if it was just available as in-game trade.

In Platinum, there were some clues I have found with two characters at the Villa.

Gardenia - She said that she loves Grass Pokemon, but fears Ghosts. But then becomes unsure with Grass Ghost Pokemon. Now, she could be hinting on Mow Rotom for the game, but in Gen VI there were the introduction of Ghost Grass Pokemon. Proper Grass Ghost didn't come about until Decidueye in Gen VII.

Cynthia - She stated that she has a house in another region that is secret, strewed with research papers on her desk. This might be a hint to Gen V where you see her in a house there, only she mentions that that is Caitlin's and she's only living there for a short while. Her proper house, I'm hoping since this will connect to the Gen 4 Remake, would be somewhere in Galar.

However with the way GF handles things, saying that Timelines are not important but the Regions, we cannot be sure until the games come out.

Merchindising for 2020 says otherwise for next year. Besides, unlike Gen 6, the graphics have improved.

Although merchandise doesn't always say something.

I am still thinking 2021 on its earliest, especially since the GI interview with Masuda and Ohmori. Both seemed really tired and seemed to need a break year in not developing games + they can focus on Home more if there is nothing in 2020 either.

Gardenia - She said that she loves Grass Pokemon, but fears Ghosts. But then becomes unsure with Grass Ghost Pokemon. Now, she could be hinting on Mow Rotom for the game, but in Gen VI there were the introduction of Ghost Grass Pokemon. Proper Grass Ghost didn't come about until Decidueye in Gen VII.
I always thought that one was just kind of Hilarious In Hindsight rather than forshadowing.

I always thought that one was just kind of Hilarious In Hindsight rather than forshadowing.
I think that Gardenia's ingame comment is more in line with what you think than foreshadowing. Aside from Mow Rotom, we only got a Grass/Ghost Pkmn in Kalos with the Pumpkaboo and Phantump lines, which are two generations after that reference.

The Pacific Ocean reference is still contained in Poliwrath's X dex description.

I looked through Poliwrath’s descriptions throughout different games with Bulbapedia and sure enough that one was lifted from Gold.

I think the takeaway here is that Pokémon isn‘t too meticulous about maintaining a consistent worlda. The continuity of the main series games is pretty nebulous, for instance

You may have not notice thia, but just as Diantha has some similar features to Steven Stone, Leon also has some similar features to Cynthia, from his undefeated streak to his black with gold stripe attire. Perhaps they’re connected? StevenxDiantha and CynthiaxLeon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom