• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see the remake's main excuse for being made is the fact that more than half of the pokemon are being removed in Sword and Shield, so they can use the remakes of Gen 4 to add back a lot of the pokemon that were removed. And this is not a new thing. Firered and Leafgreen were used to add back a lot of the pokemon that were removed with the cut off between Gen 2 and 3.

They make a remake of games that people have been asking for years AND add back the pokemon that were removed in Sword and Shield, pacifying most of the people that were pissed with the Dexit controversy. Win-win for them.

Last edited:
They would definitely sacrifice the regional design if they used SwSh-style graphics, but I doubt they would get rid of the grid.

You can't have it all. They won't spend more than two years on any remake, so if they want the graphics to be like SwSh's, it will come at a price.

I don't think Dynamax could fit in Sinnoh. Your giant Raichu can't fit in a regular Gym. Megas make more sense, but we know Game Freak likes to let us down.

If they aren't planning on another Let's Go, maybe it means Let's Go Johto will come after Sinnoh. Or maybe Johto won't get a remake since they seem to barely care about it.

I don't think Unova remakes will be skipped because BW can't be played on the Switch or its successor.

I also don't think it would make sense to have Sinnoh régional varients for Pokémon From other Japanese regions.

Regional variants for Sinnoh would just mean everything becomes an Ice-type due to the cold and snow everywhere.

Which we really don't need since pretty much every Fire-type that got a regional got turned into an Ice-type already.

Regional variants for Sinnoh would just mean everything becomes an Ice-type due to the cold and snow everywhere.

Which we really don't need since pretty much every Fire-type that got a regional got turned into an Ice-type already.
I think that it could be the opposite, with many Pokemon becoming Fire-type so they could better survive the harsh winters.

As long as the new regional variants are from Pokemon not included in any of the Sinnoh games' dex, I'm okay with it. In fact, I think it would be great if Pokemon of both regional variants and their normal forms would appear in the same game in a similar style to the Gastrodon line.

It would but they would have to make the Sinnoh League more like the Galar League.
Not really have to. Since the games are gradually becoming more disconnected from each other. SwSh and the Sinnoh remakes will most probably not even be able to battle with each other due to almost negligible (hopefully) overlap in the Pokedex.

I don't think the Sinnoh remakes will be anything like SwSh. They will be like DPP. Because that is what they are remakes of.

I unironically do not want Dynamax/Gigantamax in the Gen 4 remakes if these remakes happen. Give me more Mega Evolutions instead, specially for the Gen 4 starters.
So does almost everyone else so really there's no reason to say that it's unironic. That's like saying you unironically love cats in a room full of cat lovers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom