• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that it could be the opposite, with many Pokemon becoming Fire-type so they could better survive the harsh winters.

Instead of everything becoming Ice-type, everything now becomes Fire-type.

How original.

call me crazy but I firmly believe there will be remakes not because we're expecting it out of precedent, but because there is a Croagunk statue in SwSh. the same statue that's in the pokemart in Pastoria City. There's also those wooden cutouts where you put your face in, the same kind in Platinum's Pastoria City. And they'll probably be called Max Diamond and Max Pearl if they can somehow work in the Dyna-Gigantamax feature (as well as not planning an enhanced SwSh game, otherwise those would probably be Max Sword and Max Shield)

Having more Fire-types available in the Sinnoh dex will help its diversity though, no more having to rely just on the Rapidash line because you didn't pick Chimchar.
Even then, Platinum somewhat fixed this by adding the Magmar and Houndour lines, as well as Flareon. I believe that the Sinnoh Dex will build off of Platinum's 210, with many Pokemon in post-game areas added to the regional dex because of Dexit.

Well... I've managed to beat Leon, and MY WORD!!! Was he a powerhouse. Especially his Charizard which truly off guard. Especially when using a Grass Type move on my Dynamax Dreadnaw. If he's THAT powerful and unexpecting, I hate to see Cynthia's Gigantamax Garchomp and how that performs in the Gen 4 Remake for 2020.

Although I can guarantee since Iwata's passing in 2015, that the Gen 4 Remake will be dumb down, lacking features, rushedness and faults here and there. At least with SwSh, at least they're still playable. (In fact is having Iwata around that Pokemon used to be so much more before becoming ill when Gen 6 was in production).

Just as Diantha is a match for Steven, I think Cynthia has found her match with Leon when it comes to strongest Champions. Even their chemistry have some credibility to them, both are always helping the player, both were there to stop a mastermind and the Legendary Pokemon, and both are highly powerful trainers. Only difference is that Leon is the one who gives the player the starter. I wonder something similar could happen to the Gen 4 Remake since this is the new direction GF is going?

Well... I've managed to beat Leon, and MY WORD!!! Was he a powerhouse. Especially his Charizard which truly off guard. Especially when using a Grass Type move on my Dynamax Dreadnaw. If he's THAT powerful and unexpecting, I hate to see Cynthia's Gigantamax Garchomp and how that performs in the Gen 4 Remake for 2020.

Although I can guarantee since Iwata's passing in 2015, that the Gen 4 Remake will be dumb down, lacking features, rushedness and faults here and there. At least with SwSh, at least they're still playable. (In fact is having Iwata around that Pokemon used to be so much more before becoming ill when Gen 6 was in production).

Just as Diantha is a match for Steven, I think Cynthia has found her match with Leon when it comes to strongest Champions. Even their chemistry have some credibility to them, both are always helping the player, both were there to stop a mastermind and the Legendary Pokemon, and both are highly powerful trainers. Only difference is that Leon is the one who gives the player the starter. I wonder something similar could happen to the Gen 4 Remake since this is the new direction GF is going?
I do agree that the Sinnoh remakes would be heavily simplified compared to the original games.

I don't think they'll be that oversimplified. Y'all are exaggerating.

Though it's probably telling that I had more trouble with random trainers than with Bede. But then again, he trains psychic types. I have two dark types. See the problem with this matchup?

I do agree that the Sinnoh remakes would be heavily simplified compared to the original games.
Pokemon had never been the same since Iwata died. r.i.p.

He was there from Gen 2 (responsible for compacting the memory for Gold and Silver to fit Kanto in it, whilst the original idea would be a spectacular mess. Kinda like how SwSh turned out) - to Gen 5 where in 2013, Iwata left Nintendo after suffering some sort of colon cancer, which took his life 2 years later. Despite it's faults, XY was the last Pokemon game with a traditional League, traditional Gyms, traditional evil Team, traditional Champion. Gen 7 from where it started going more downhill was the last to have the Elite Four. Gen 8 is probably where it exposed how incompetent to making games GF actually are, how they would lie in order hide the fact that they had a tight schedule with the money-hungry Pokemon Company. And to top it off with mobile games and micro-transactions becoming the next money-makers, how will GF survive, especially when they truly want to make other than Pokemon.

I've done some pondering with other reviewers, and came to a realisation that... Pokemon came about and became big through pure chance! It came out at the right time when Japan was suffering the Lost Decade that occurred in the 90s, and it only took off as a fad. Reason why Gen 2 onward didn't make as much money as GF once had with Gen 1 was because throughout that short period, it was a fad, that's it! Just like Yokai Warch was a fad that somehow stole Pokemon's thunder for a time in Japan when Gen 6 was out.

Despite it's faults, XY was the last Pokemon game with a traditional League, traditional Gyms, traditional evil Team, traditional Champion. Gen 7 from where it started going more downhill was the last to have the Elite Four.
I have to disagree with the notion that breaking the traditional Pokemon formula is only a bad direction for the series to go and is leading the franchise downhill. While X and Y did stick to tradition, that means nothing since the games themselves are really lackluster, especially next to their more innovative successors. Tradition didn't do anything for those games, didn't make make them good in my opinion. I would much rather have GameFreak experiment (to an extent) rather than retread the same path they've been on since 1996. There's a point where it becomes stale. Of course, not all change is good, but what you listed--Leagues, Gyms, Champions, and Teams--are things I'm fine with GameFreak changing as they aren't as tethered to the foundation of the series as, say, the battle mechanics for example in my opinion.

And to top it off with mobile games and micro-transactions becoming the next money-makers, how will GF survive, especially when they truly want to make other than Pokemon.
I figure GameFreak is in a safe spot considering Pokemon is a system seller for Nintendo. They can just pump out a low-effort Kanto remake if they need funds to fuel their non-Pokemon projects.

I would probably expect things like an always on EXP share, your team being healed at many points throughout the game, many of the challenging puzzles being simplified (although, this one is due to HMs being gone), etc.

I have to disagree with the notion that breaking the traditional Pokemon formula is only a bad direction for the series to go and is leading the franchise downhill. While X and Y did stick to tradition, that means nothing since the games themselves are really lackluster, especially next to their more innovative successors. Tradition didn't do anything for those games, didn't make make them good in my opinion. I would much rather have GameFreak experiment (to an extent) rather than retread the same path they've been on since 1996. There's a point where it becomes stale. Of course, not all change is good, but what you listed--Leagues, Gyms, Champions, and Teams--are things I'm fine with GameFreak changing as they aren't as tethered to the foundation of the series as, say, the battle mechanics for example in my opinion.

I figure GameFreak is in a safe spot considering Pokemon is a system seller for Nintendo. They can just pump out a low-effort Kanto remake if they need funds to fuel their non-Pokemon projects.
That's just the sort of thing I would expect from a divisive Pokemon community. At least the Digimon Fandom (From what I've heard) is less toxic. I guess that's what's to expect for something with a stapled name as the highest grossing media franchise in the world. Since what happened last year, I have learn't a lot of things and how toxicity and arguing can cause more harm than good. I do not look at it in a positive manner, I look what it's inner workings and whether or not it's worth a single penny. I was unfortunate to get a refund for my copy of Sword on the eshop so I had no choice but to see the game for myself. It's still a challenge, I can tell you that, but all the same, I wish GF could do more with this.

They say that they've been working on the games since Sun and Moon, which I could believe if it's in the planning stage. Because we've got to remember that at the time they had 2 more games that were still in the works (USUM, LGPE) as well team divisions. So I could say that work started on the games between 1-2 years at the most.

That's just the sort of thing I would expect from a divisive Pokemon community. At least the Digimon Fandom (From what I've heard) is less toxic. I guess that's what's to expect for something with a stapled name as the highest grossing media franchise in the world. Since what happened last year, I have learn't a lot of things and how toxicity and arguing can cause more harm than good.
Disagreement is not toxic in of itself.

Edit: I wasn't trying to be rude or cruel in my response, I apologize if it came off that way.

I would probably expect things like an always on EXP share, your team being healed at many points throughout the game, many of the challenging puzzles being simplified (although, this one is due to HMs being gone), etc.
I expect to be teleported a lot more, too. Like after meeting Cyrus in Celestic town, they just teleport you to Jubilife City's west exit so you don't get lost on your way to Canalave or something. I'm also hoping that some of the gym puzzles make it into a remake intact; Sinnoh had some of the best gym designs in the series, in my opinion.

I wonder if GF will rebalance the game if they keep the EXP share on? I want to remain hopeful they will, but I honestly doubt it given their apparent stances and difficulty regarding SwSh. DPPt always seemed to have a decent level curve to me (up until Cynthia, kind of), so I reeeeally don't want it to be as easy as some players are finding SwSh right now.

I expect to be teleported a lot more, too. Like after meeting Cyrus in Celestic town, they just teleport you to Jubilife City's west exit so you don't get lost on your way to Canalave or something. I'm also hoping that some of the gym puzzles make it into a remake intact; Sinnoh had some of the best gym designs in the series, in my opinion.

I wonder if GF will rebalance the game if they keep the EXP share on? I want to remain hopeful they will, but I honestly doubt it given their apparent stances and difficulty regarding SwSh. DPPt always seemed to have a decent level curve to me (up until Cynthia, kind of), so I reeeeally don't want it to be as easy as some players are finding SwSh right now.
Cynthia will probably be made easier anyways because Fairy-types now exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom