• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean by giving her more Poison or Steel types to better combat Fairies?

IIRC, she had a Lucario and a Roserade in her party already during her first match already, so she already has some possible counters against fairies. If they go with the Platinum roster, she also gets a Fairy-type in Togekiss, which I guess would also count as a buff?

I also don't really remember Steven's Metagross being that much easier to deal with in ORAS than in RS, despite Steel no longer being resistant to Dark and Ghost in gen 6, so it's possible fairies might not even change much about Cynthia's difficulty at all.

IIRC, she had a Lucario and a Roserade in her party already during her first match already, so she already has some possible counters against fairies. If they go with the Platinum roster, she also gets a Fairy-type in Togekiss, which I guess would also count as a buff?

I also don't really remember Steven's Metagross being that much easier to deal with in ORAS than in RS, despite Steel no longer being resistant to Dark and Ghost in gen 6, so it's possible fairies might not even change much about Cynthia's difficulty at all.

I don't think Cynthia's fight will be any easier in of itself. I think the main reduction in difficulty will come from overleveling due to the always on exp share, if GameFreak decides to continue to make it non-optional.

I don't think Cynthia's fight will be any easier in of itself. I think the main reduction in difficulty will come from overleveling due to the always on exp share, if GameFreak decides to continue to make it non-optional.
I know, I'm referring to the other poster's implication that she may be easier because of fairies. It's not like she doesn't already have counters, so fairies shouldn't be what affects the challenge that much.

The EXP share will 100% be the thing that messes up the remake for me, if anything. That and removing that stupid mining minigame I love too much

Seriously how are you people overlevling. I'm still getting my ass kicked here on route 4.

Seriously how are you people overlevling. I'm still getting my ass kicked here on route 4.
Are you referring to SwSh?

I'm not overlevelling in that game; I've been deliberately avoiding battling and catching so I wouldn't be. The last gym leader I fought was 4 levels above me, so I'm probably not leveling enough, honestly. It seems that a lot of those who catch all that they see are being overlevelled though, since catching giving EXP and the party-wide EXP share lead to overlevelling really fast if you're not careful. I just kind of noped out of the Wild Area for that reason. Opinions on difficulty seem to be mixed based on what your playstyle is, at least from what I've seen.

I don't want to restrain myself to have difficulty in any remakes.

I've been avoiding overworld pokemon because oh my god it's boring to know what I'm going to fight. Like, okay, I caught the pokemon I want. Now there's a bunch of others. I'll just avoid them because I don't care. But when the random shaky grass shows up, I go straight fir that because I don't know what's gonna show up.

Her team will likely be...

Spiritomb: Ghost/Dark
Roserade: Grass/Poison
Togekiss: Fairy/Flying
Milotic: Water
Lucario: Fighting/Steel
Garchomp: Dragon/Ground (Gigantamax Form)

I wonder what'll happen to Wayward cave and Mt. Coronet since it’s pretty clear they won’t make it to the remakes as it is...

I hope Distortion World doesn’t become a beautiful-but-glorified hallway like the Ultra Megalopolis (or some SwSh cities according to reviews). I really want to see it in its full 3D glory and them experimenting with the no-laws-of-physics-followed concepts.

And I wouldn’t bet on Dynamax making it to the games 100% since it seems to be highly specific to Galar, 10x more than Z-Moves to Alola... Not to mention that the main place Dynamax can be used in Galar (gyms) would require a massive redesign in theme for Sinnoh, enough to conflict with the central themes of the games.

Dynamax stadiums are a thing in Galar thanks to the celebrity culture there. Would it really fit the more myth focused and down to earth Sinnoh? The games are becoming more and more disconnected with each other, and if Dexit remains a thing in Sinnoh remakes, they won’t be compatible with Sword and Shield anyway, already forcing a disconnect between them.

Mega Evolution and/or Z-moves fit Sinnoh more than Dynamax. I could make up a whole bunch of Sinnoh myths surrounding Mega Evolution/Z-Moves.

Hey, if we don't get Sinnoh Remakes by the beginning of gen 9/the sinnoh remakes turn out to be disappointing, anyone wanna come up with our own fan version? I'd be game.

At this point, with everything I've seen and heard about the Sword/Shield, I really want the remakes to be as traditional/close to the originals as possible. I agree with @PkmnTrainerV that the (likely) difference in the Pokémon available between Sword/Shield and the remakes, as well as how Dynamaxing seems to be specifically designed for Galar (and for Galar only), kind of creates some sort of disconnect, so I'm actually not expecting this mechanic to make its way over to Sinnoh anymore. Hopefully I'm right. Of course, this doesn't mean that Mega-Evolution will return to fill this void, although that would make sense given Rowan's research focus. The only things I'm definitely expecting to return are regional forms and (unfortunately) the always-on Exp. Share.

On another note, I hope that (aside from the lower difficulty due to being overleveled because of said Exp. Share issue) the remakes will be as challenging as the originals, especially with regards to the region's location design (most notably Mt. Coronet, Stark Mountain, Wayward Cave). Another thing I don't think would fit Sinnoh would be removing HMs and replacing it with PokéRide.

The riding pokemon from Gen 7 was one of the coolest things about it. It removed the obnoxious HMs and it allowed you to ride several pokemon. It would be great if it was in the remakes of Gen 4.

But even if they don't put that in them, i hope they stick with no HMs regardless. Defog as an HM and the fog thing from Gen 4 must never be a thing again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom