• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did hear from an interview from GF that they don't believe in timelines, but the Region...

but then...

they don't believe in Regions but the Pokemon...

but then...

they don't believe in the Pokemon but the merchandising...

but then...

they don't believe in the merchandising but the money

what wasted potentials and decline since Gen 6. At they are interconnected.

That of course assumes that this game will be another Let's Go game.
Not really. We have only had one game with integration with Go. Just because it's in a different style than the rest doesn't mean that all other games with a connection to GO will be just like it. I mean, SwSh has mechanic that's incredibly similar to GO raid battles and while it did come first, it is undoubtedly inspired by GO. Yet it is not a Let's Go game.

does someone think that regular Farfetch'd , Linoone , Mr Mime and Corsola may get evolutions outside of Galar too?

Will Slowking and Frosslass get their own Megaevolutions?
to match Slowbro and Glalie like Gardeviour and Gallade did?

and gen 2 (5 pokemon go only in XY and 1 Steelix in Oras )

and gen 4(3 in XY and 2 in Oras) that makes 11 pokemon from two generations out of 50 megas... Where much smaller here would be the perfect occasion to do them. We got 26 in XY(28 with Mewtwo and Charizard) and 20 in Oras...

Not much actually.

Or that we may get new evolutions taking the character of gen 4 where they introduced Electrivire and Magmortar?

Some fat pokes could get evos or megas to become again slim and fast...

taking that G-gigantamax is a thing, 8 legendaries could get it easy , starters should get Megas and some other pokemon too...
(Regigigas could get a G-move to reduce the turns of Slow Start actually)

Creating 12 Gigantamax and 20 or 23 Mega-evolutions would be much?

Last edited:
Okay so if and when we get the remakes we can expect a similar treatment to ORAS so using those expections how do you see these games turning out overall content wise and will they be better or worse than swsh objectively?

At the least (since ORAS had everything RS had) we will have.

-The underground (Secret Bases, Fossil Hunting etc.)
  • Vs Seeker returns (Thank Arceus!)
  • Seals
  • Contests
  • Poffins
  • Lots of Legend hunting.
  • Battle Tower
  • A big solid region to explore.

Next is current gen QOL things and staples that have stuck around.

• Gym and e4/Champion rematches.
  • Overworld Pokémon
  • Catch Combos
  • Easier competitive methods
  • Refresh/Camping (Poffins likely)
  • Portable Pokémon Box
  • No HM's
  • Reusuable TM's and maybe TR's
  • Y comm

Finally things likely to be included judging by the extras ORAS had from RS.

• Delta esque post game (Likely Giratina and Distortion World Centric with possible Arceus event as well)
  • Distortion worm hole legend hunting
  • Possible return of Old Megas (Since Dynamax is a Galar centric thing.)
  • Better Regional Dex (Lets be honest they can't get away with having a 150 pokemon regional dex when there's no national dex.)
  • Fixing issues of slowness like battling and Surfing.
  • Simplifying Dungeons like Mt Coronet (Possible a new levelled wild area?)
  • New Wild Area (Mt Coronet being the likely spot to do so)
  • Improved Secret Bases
  • Possible return of Following Pokémon (Amity square could be a good indicator for it)

That's my expectations anyway what are yours. Easily they will have more content than swsh considering what we have to work with as a base. Though possibly no wild area will be a shame.

I don't think Megas are necessarily all that Kalos centric. While yes, AZ's ultimate weapon created Mega Stones, one has to remember that Team Flare was planning on destroying the whole damn world with that thing. It's easily powerful enough to send mega stones everywhere in the world.

I don't think Megas are necessarily all that Kalos centric. While yes, AZ's ultimate weapon created Mega Stones, one has to remember that Team Flare was planning on destroying the whole damn world with that thing. It's easily powerful enough to send mega stones everywhere in the world.
Couldn't I make the same argument for Dynamax then?

Edit: Also, I don't think anything in the lore of Megas has shown that the stones can be flung far by the Ultimate Weapon. Megas seem rather tied to Kalos's culture, maybe not to the extent of Dynamax in Galar, but they're still connected to Kalos moreso than Hoenn.

Couldn't I make the same argument for Dynamax then?
Probably.

But since I haven't co pleted the game and you seem to be implying spoilery things, I'd prefer you not make that argument right now.

Also Dynamax Pokemon can't fit in Sinnoh gyms.

But since I haven't co pleted the game and you seem to be implying spoilery things, I'd prefer you not make that argument right now.
I haven't completed the game either. I was just assuming that whatever causes Dynamax could be handwaved into other regions.

Also Dynamax Pokemon can't fit in Sinnoh gyms.
While I doubt GameFreak will do this, they could also update the gyms. There's nothing stopping them from doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom