• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Leon: Look, man, this is all I've got going for me. I have no sense of direction and I'm not particularly good at anything other than pokemon training. Let me have this.

I just found a guy in the first Pokemon Center in Wyndon. His face is turned, but is wearing a blue tuxedo with a black with yellow band hat. He said...

''I'd like to invite some of the fine Trainers flourishing in Galar back to my own region.''

Whether this has something to do with the Sinnoh Remake, or Gen 9, you to figure out for yourself.

Had there been any hints of future Gens that happened in the past, too? I know of these...

Gen 4: Cynthia hinted of a house in a far away region in Platinum, which proves to be Caitlin's house in Unova.
Gen 6: The Tiki Statue given by a tourist in Lumiose City in X and Y, which came from Alola.
Gen 7: A woman in one of the Pokemon Centers said after looking at the Rotom Dex, she guessed that there might be Rotom Phones or Rotom Computers, which could be hinting for Galar.
Gen 8: A man in the Pokemon Center in Wyndon looking for the finest Pokemon from the Galar Region to compete in his Region. This could be hinting Gen 9 with the theme of ''Finest'', and with GF doing some research in Spain 2 years ago. Could it be that the theme for Finest might be connected to Spain?
But anyway, can any of you remember any point in other past gens where there have been hints for future gens?

Aside from the aformentioned dude in... I think it was ORAS... who says that his region isn't Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, or Kalos (that's actually what he says) as well as mentioning that it has an artificial floating structure which is a clear reference to the Alola games, I've got nothing.

Aside from the aformentioned dude in... I think it was ORAS... who says that his region isn't Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, or Kalos (that's actually what he says) as well as mentioning that it has an artificial floating structure which is a clear reference to the Alola games, I've got nothing.
It was in Pokémon X/Y.

as well as mentioning that it has an artificial floating structure

He doesn't say anything that specific. His clues are:

> "The Kalos region is nice and all, but you should really check out my region! We have this town that you wouldn’t believe... Ah, never mind. You’ll see it in due time."
> "The Kalos region is nice and all, but you should really check out my region! There’s this facility that you wouldn’t believe... Ah, never mind. You’ll see it in due time."
> "The Kalos region is nice and all, but you should really check out my region! Our Champion is really something else, I tell you... Ah, never mind. You’ll find out in due time."

The "our Champion" bit is particularly awkward in hindsight.

> "The Kalos region is nice and all, but you should really check out my region! We have this town that you wouldn’t believe... Ah, never mind. You’ll see it in due time."
> "The Kalos region is nice and all, but you should really check out my region! There’s this facility that you wouldn’t believe... Ah, never mind. You’ll see it in due time."
> "The Kalos region is nice and all, but you should really check out my region! Our Champion is really something else, I tell you... Ah, never mind. You’ll find out in due time."

Well, is it ever said that SM takes place after XY?

Irritatingly, that might mean I have to completely remap my fan timeline but, oh well.

Yep:

13f.jpg

Irritatingly, that might mean I have to completely remap my fan timeline but, oh well.
Well, IIRC, Alola was going to have Gyms at some point, so you could blame changes in the original plan for that plan.

Also, the timeline IIRC is: Kanto/Hoenn > Johto/Sinnoh > Unova > Unova 2/Kalos > Alola. Considering how Gladion visited Galar at some point, I guess SwSh takes place after the Alola games, too.

Is that the same guy that gives you the totem thing? Because honestly, the things he says sound much more like Galar than they do Alola, although if this is the same guy that gives you the totem then obviously it's referring to Alola, but the Champion thing especially totally sounds like he could be referring to Leon. I was going to say the Battle Tower sounds like the facility, but then I remembered it wasn't the Battle Tower yet lol. Gamefreak isn't very good at maintaining continuity are they? Every line he says almost sounds like it could be talking about a different region tbh...

Champion: Galar

Facility: Hoenn (or Alola if you think he's referring to Aether Paradise).

Town: ??? I don't know about this one.

Is that the same guy that gives you the totem thing? Because honestly, the things he says sound much more like Galar than they do Alola, although if this is the same guy that gives you the totem then obviously it's referring to Alola, but the Champion thing especially totally sounds like he could be referring to Leon. I was going to say the Battle Tower sounds like the facility, but then I remembered it wasn't the Battle Tower yet lol. Gamefreak isn't very good at maintaining continuity are they? Every line he says almost sounds like it could be talking about a different region tbh...

Champion: Galar

Facility: Hoenn (or Alola if you think he's referring to Aether Paradise).

Town: ??? I don't know about this one.
This I believe was the guy who gave out the Strange Souvenir.

This I believe was the guy who gave out the Strange Souvenir.

I thought so, but it is amusing that a lot of what he says doesn't seem to make sense to Alola. Like what town is he referring to? I get that the Champion thing was likely retconned and that the facility is probably hinting towards Aether rather than your usual battle facilities, but what the heck town is he referring to? None of the towns in Alola stood out to me at least.

I thought so, but it is amusing that a lot of what he says doesn't seem to make sense to Alola. Like what town is he referring to? I get that the Champion thing was likely retconned and that the facility is probably hinting towards Aether rather than your usual battle facilities, but what the heck town is he referring to? None of the towns in Alola stood out to me at least.
Wasn't that a reference to the Battle Royal Dome?

Oh yeah, that could be it too, although I don't think the Battle Royale Dome was nearly as noteworthy as the Aether Foundation as far as facilities go. The Dome isn't that unique other than it's battle format, it's actually a lot like the stadiums in Galar or the Battle Dome from Emerald.

Considering how Gladion visited Galar at some point, I guess SwSh takes place after the Alola games, too.

There's nothing suggesting that Gladion visited Galar.

If you're thinking of the Type: Null gift, the Pokédex says it's a new specimen created from stolen research notes, and it's given to you by a generic NPC.

But that, too, would imply that they are post-Alola, so same difference.

There is literally no way to know without a comment from Game Freak about what was intended. (Although I suspect they didn't have anything in particular in mind - pretty much every region has a "facility" that plays some significant role in either the plot or gameplay. The fact that we can identify at least two viable candidates in Alola only really serves that point.)

There's nothing suggesting that Gladion visited Galar.

If you're thinking of the Type: Null gift, the Pokédex says it's a new specimen created from stolen research notes, and it's given to you by a generic NPC.

But that, too, would imply that they are post-Alola, so same difference.
Didn't someone here find something that said something along the lines of "Gladion was here"?

Didn't someone here find something that said something along the lines of "Gladion was here"?

I'm pretty sure that was a joke. There's nothing like that in the text files, and a Google search just leads me back to that one user's post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom