• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is not just my concerns about what the games would be like, and you users should stop harassing people for posting negative comments about the games.
I'm not harassing anyone. I literally explained why the concerns weren’t an issue four times and you still insist on ignoring that those arguments were a thing.

GF staff actually stated not long ago that ''They don't believe in a timeline, just the Region the games are based on.''

They clearly don't want good story or anything to make sense, just something casual and easy for little Japanese kids who are being raised on tablets to play, when if you look back 10 years ago things were different, and they deserve better. SwSh deserve better. They should've made the Champions Cup into a League where all the past Champions also compete. But then why do that when there's Masters? Such a waste of great potential.

I would... not have wanted that.

At least, not all the past champions. Returning characters, yes, but to be honest, if we're getting Sinnoh remakes I'm not sure I want to go up against Cynthia's Garchomp twice in one generation.

I would... not have wanted that.

At least, not all the past champions. Returning characters, yes, but to be honest, if we're getting Sinnoh remakes I'm not sure I want to go up against Cynthia's Garchomp twice in one region.
These are the times we're living in. Cheap, I know.

Besides, they couldn't do that. The player would be obsolete in the story if all the past champions came back. The most powerful trainers in 7 regions (and Leon) against Eternatus. They have that in the bag.

Besides, they couldn't do that. The player would be obsolete in the story if all the past champions came back. The most powerful trainers in 7 regions (and Leon) against Eternatus. They have that in the bag.
I’m personally neutral about such a proposal but Alola was full of strong trainers at the battle tree who didn’t do anything about the Ultra Beast crisis in USUM...

Red also pretended Team RR didn’t exist. Even SwSh is pretty unique in the sense that they let adults do something very worthwhile and not leaving it to the children.

Well, IIRC, Alola was going to have Gyms at some point, so you could blame changes in the original plan for that plan.

Also, the timeline IIRC is: Kanto/Hoenn > Johto/Sinnoh > Unova > Unova 2/Kalos > Alola. Considering how Gladion visited Galar at some point, I guess SwSh takes place after the Alola games, too.
I mean, it's the implied timeline, but I don't think we got confirmation again after that deleted tweet, did we?

Probably, it is because they only designed the trial system later, but I think you could potentially handwave it as a reference to Kahili, who was once Alola's Island Challenge Champion, and appears to be somewhat of an internationally recognised celebrity. As such, he doesn't refer to the League Champion, but the Island Challenge Champion, who in practise are fulfilling the same purpose

I mean, it's the implied timeline, but I don't think we got confirmation again after that deleted tweet, did we?

Probably, it is because they only designed the trial system later, but I think you could potentially handwave it as a reference to Kahili, who was once Alola's Island Challenge Champion, and appears to be somewhat of an internationally recognised celebrity. As such, he doesn't refer to the League Champion, but the Island Challenge Champion, who in practise are fulfilling the same purpose
The only ones we don't have exact confirmation are Hoenn, Sinnoh and Kalos as far as I know. We know Hoenn takes place before Unova before the whole Dream World thing was in development during the events of the game, so there's at least a time frame.

We know that Unova takes place after Sinnoh, Kanto, Johto and Hoenn thanks to mentions of their respective teams in the past tense, and we know Alola was (at the time) the most recent game because Dexio mentions the events of XY, and they take place after Black 2/White 2 because Grimsley's refsheet said something along the lines of "two years later" IIRC (and looks older). We also know that Giovanni disappeared some time ago since that guy that mimicked the Nugget Bridge event mentioned that Giovanni is still missing, and from the way he worded it, it happened a long time ago. Red and Blue look like they are in their 20's, too.

I know there might be some clues on when XY takes place, but I have trouble remembering much about Kalos (not a joke, other posts have shown that).

The only ones we don't have exact confirmation are Hoenn, Sinnoh and Kalos as far as I know. We know Hoenn takes place before Unova before the whole Dream World thing was in development during the events of the game, so there's at least a time frame.

We know that Unova takes place after Sinnoh, Kanto, Johto and Hoenn thanks to mentions of their respective teams in the past tense, and we know Alola was (at the time) the most recent game because Dexio mentions the events of XY, and they take place after Black 2/White 2 because Grimsley's refsheet said something along the lines of "two years later" IIRC (and looks older). We also know that Giovanni disappeared some time ago since that guy that mimicked the Nugget Bridge event mentioned that Giovanni is still missing, and from the way he worded it, it happened a long time ago. Red and Blue look like they are in their 20's, too.

I know there might be some clues on when XY takes place, but I have trouble remembering much about Kalos (not a joke, other posts have shown that).
I realise we have context clues and there is a most logical order, but Gamefreak doesn't really go out of their way to establish a timeline. For Hoenn, we also know that the SS Unova is yet to be finished, which provides additional evidence the ORAS plot takes place before the BW/BW2 plots. BW2 also had a former Aqua and Magma grunt in a house somewhere I think? RSE as concurrent with the Kanto events is mostly established through connectivity between RSE and FRLG, I don't think there was much else to support this. We also know that Sinnoh takes place after part of Johto, as the games start with a report on the Red Gyarados. As it isn't found by the TV crew, this might be after the Johto PC catches it, but its form as a news bulletin suggests it is recent. This would mean Sinnoh takes places two years after Kanto.

But regardless, we only know most of this because characters make little references, not because the games or developers have firmly established a canon timeline, which mainly was my point. And indeed there's a trend of newer games taking place after the previous games, so the assumption SwSh after everything else is not weird.

It also means that GF could come forward and claim Kalos takes place after Alola (though I doubt it for obvious reasons).

Prediction: Sinnoh will be the last of the previous regions to be shown in the current anime season just in time for the announcement of the remakes.

So far, due to poor story, we have no timeline for Galar, or where it all fits into all this?

However we do have mentions of past Regions such as Kanto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos and Alola. But yet no mentions of Johto nor Sinnoh (As far as I know, if anyone has heard of such, please let me know?)

Yet it is to note that the creators did say that they don't believe in a timeline, just the region the games are based on.

'Pokemon Sword And Shield' Producer Junichi Masuda Admits The Series Has No Definite Timeline - uGames

And if so, then that would make Galar very much isolated from the entire world. Hopefully they would fix this either in the Sinnoh Remake, and or the Sword and Shield sequal.

So far one of the few things we know is that the events of the game took place after the creation of the initial Type: Null experiment which links it to some sort of “timeline”.

Probably the only one in this, but I really don't care about the timeline one bit.

Purely for selfish headcanon and fanfiction-related reasons.

So far one of the few things we know is that the events of the game took place after the creation of the initial Type: Null experiment which links it to some sort of “timeline”.

If I remember correctly, that still doesn't help much? Cause it could still be before or after Alola. Considering the first batch of Type: Null created were frozen (?).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom