• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, it was kinda obvious that GF never took the "timeline" too seriously. They might have a broad idea of where certain things are relative to one another, but in general, that information is so thoroughly irrelevant to the story of any game not named Gold & Silver or Black 2 & White 2 that it really just isn't worth them worrying about it too much. Pokémon has about 50,000 higher priorities to be concerned about. The MCU or Star Wars this ain't.

If I remember correctly, that still doesn't help much? Cause it could still be before or after Alola. Considering the first batch of Type: Null created were frozen (?).

That is true, actually. Gladion stole his Type: Null two years before Sun & Moon took place, so theoretically, the stolen research notes that led to the fourth instance of Type: Null in Galar could have been taken around that time instead.

Still, it's our only lead right now as far as where SwoShi take place (but again, it doesn't really matter).

I thought ORAS canonically took place at least (at most?) ten years before XY.

I don't know, I have my own fan timeline.

So here's possibly the timeline...

Red/Green/Blue/Yellow, Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald ---- Gold/Silver/Crystal, Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, Black/White ---- Black 2/White 2, X/Y ---- Sword/Shield, Sun/Moon/UltraSun/UltraMoon

So here's possibly the timeline...

Red/Green/Blue/Yellow, Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald ---- Gold/Silver/Crystal, Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, Black/White ---- Black 2/White 2, X/Y ---- Sword/Shield, Sun/Moon/UltraSun/UltraMoon
Black/White takes place after DPPt, seeing how they mention that Team Galactic has fallen already.

Pokémon is set in a multiverse so time lines between games are irrelevant.

We all have to understand the term when it comes to word... Generations and consoles.

xGen 1 Era (Kanto)Gen 2 Era (Johto/Kanto)Gen 3 Era (Hoenn)Gen 4 Era (Sinnoh)Gen 5 Era (Unova)Gen 5 Era (Unova) (Sequal)Gen 6 (Kalos)Gen 7 (Alola)Gen 8 (Galar)
Game Boy/Game Boy Color Timeline (Normal)Red/Green/Blue/YellowGold/Silver/Crystal
Game Boy Advance Timeline (Normal)FireRed/LeafGreenRuby/Sapphire/ Emerald
DS Timeline (Normal)HeartGold/SoulSilverDiamond/Pearl/PlatinumBlack/WhiteBlack 2/White 2
3DS Timeline (Megas/Z-Moves)OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphireX/YSun/Moon
3DS/Switch Era (Megas/Z-Moves) (Alternate Timeline)Let's Go Pikachu/EeveeUltraSun/UltraMoon
Switch Era (Dynamax/Gigantamax)Gen 4 RemakeSword/Shield

Here's one thing I rediscovered while looking at Bulbapedia to answer in another thread, there's a city in Sinnoh called Eterna City. Hmm..., Eternatus anyone?

This is also where the Dialga/Palkia/Fusion of both statue is located.

Here's one thing I rediscovered while looking at Bulbapedia to answer in another thread, there's a city in Sinnoh called Eterna City. Hmm..., Eternatus anyone?

I don't think they are connected, seeing how the city's name in Japanese is Hakutai.

Interesting... What if Eternatus was a force created by Arceus that once fused Dialga, Palkia and Giratina together?

Last edited:
With its Pokedex entry on the Eternamax form saying that it distorts time and space, it could be possible that it once happened.
My idea was that like Giratina, Eternatus betrayed Arceus by creating the first Dynamax/Gigantamax Pokemon, which Arceus then had to face off, and with their life force created the plates. Arceus then fought against Eternatus in a land that became Galar, and by using the plates it defeated Eternatus by sealing it in rock and banishing it into space. To make sure Eternatus doesn't return, Arceus created Zacian and Zamazenta to be the guardians of the Galar Region.

Last edited:
And also, the fusion statue is only in Platinum. Diamond and Pearl had a statue of their games' respective box legend.
I could've sworn the fusion statue was also in Diamond and Pearl.

Dynamax is moe likely to get shoeherned in Sinnoh than a Gen 6 gimmick. Logic and fans may prefer Megas, but they don't care. They will do what they want. And if they can't fit Dynamax, they we may have Sinnoh without gimmick. It sucks but the games will print money anyways and they will laugh at the complaints.

I could've sworn the fusion statue was also in Diamond and Pearl.

The truth is it’s the same in every game. It’s just a clever bit of spritework - depending on your perspective, it can resemble Dialga, Palkia, or a blend of the two. Unfortunately I don't think they'll be able to accomplish that same effect in 3D, so I wouldn't be surprised if they just end up making two separate statues that exist in both games.

Last edited:
I hope Scrappy gets a nerf, hitting ghost without immunity with fighting and normal is good but we have dark and ghost moves...
Maybe with with half power or could work once in battle with one move... or activate when hp of user is below 50%?

Hope they bring back that eye negating the dark immunity back... Miracle eye, should block ability if the oponet isnt dark type...

Illuminate should half damage from dark type moves.
Flash should block dark type moves for 3 turns.

this should not take ghost type immunity away anymore:

Oder sluth and Foresight - stop taking away ghost immunity... oder sluth allows to hit with a move the next turn like lock on does, foresight ignores screens and trap ghosts for 3 turns blocking their ghost moves. Or only Foresight should be allowed to hit a ghost with any move with double power... Oder sluth should negate accuracy changes to user and buff accuracy of moves that have lower one...
Maybe make it double hit pokemon that use sweet scent , aromatherapy or have aroma veil ? or miss pokemon with the stench ability?

Liquid Ooze block stealth rock damage and hurt biting move users when getting hit by them to its anti draining effect.

I hope Scrappy gets a nerf, hitting ghost without immunity with fighting and normal is good but we have dark and ghost moves...
So would being upset about Scrappy make the ability a Scrappy?

Okay, not one of my best jokes but I work with what I've got.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom