• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, with how they let Eternatus take over the role as the Legendary you catch during the main story in SwoShi, I wonder if they'd be open to shuffling things around a bit in DP remakes.

While I wouldn't say that Cyrus's plan ever made much sense, I think it makes even less sense for him to arbitrarily focus on either Dialga or Palkia, rather than both of them. Why seek to remake the universe by controlling only time or space, when the universe is comprised of both? His deduction in Platinum that the lake guardians can supposedly balance one of the dragons, so what happens if he summon both makes him seem all the more savvy, too. So what if in both versions of the remake, they use Giratina and the Distortion World for the main story climax, and then have the post-game arc focus on you capturing Dialga or Palkia? If they wanted to, I think they could even write it to involve both of them (though you would only catch the one that matches your version), in a way that culminates in an encounter with Arceus.

I never liked Mega Evolutions, I only use them because I have no choice. Along with all the other gimmicks that has come along since then.

No one’s stopping you from having a team without Megas...

You do have a choice.
so does Piers who chooses not to use Dynamaxing. But then, he never acted as a true evil leader who would stop people from using Dynamaxing. So many ideas for a proper evil team for SwSh, and they wasted it due to time.

The SwSh plot wasn’t really better done than any "Team plots". It ended up being flat out nonsensical and confused about what message it wanted to convey without digging extremely deeply into dialogue.
GF probably had been given so many complaints from Casuals about the story that they decide to make the games more for casual players (especially those on mobile) and less about plot or story. Some Casual players would have had the similar expression to the AVGN's when playing Earthbound and end up getting interrupted by the photo guy.

Pokemon Game: Why hello there, my name is Professor...
Some Casuals: LEAVE ME ALONE!!! LET ME PLAY THE GAME!!!

It's because they spent so much focus on Little Town Hero that the Pokemon games did suffer, and the biggest insult out of all this is that hardly anyone knew about the former.

Last edited:
GF had been given so many complaints from Casuals about the story that they decide to make the game for more casual players
Really? I don't think I've ever seen anyone "casual" complain about the story in the sense that it is too dense and needs to be toned down. And while I do feel GameFreak tries to simply the games to appeal to the "dumb mobile player/kid," A) I don't think mobile players/kids are as dumb as GameFreak thinks they are and B) I think the lackluster story was not a result of GameFreak trying to "dumb down" the games. It's more likely that they were pressed for time... and creatively bankrupt.

Pokemon Game: Why hello there, my name is Professor...
Some Casuals: LEAVE ME ALONE!!! LET ME PLAY THE GAME!!!
One, this isn't restricted to casuals. I've seen plenty of hardcore players criticize gen 7's cutscenes, for example. Two, is this really a story issue? Seems more like a cutscene one to me.

It's because they spent so much focus on Little Town Hero that the Pokemon games did suffer, and hardly anyone knew about the former.
I doubt they spent that much focus on Little Town Hero. Haven't we established that the dev team for that game was rather small? And I figure if GameFreak really did focus a lot on Hero, they would market it more.

Really? I don't think I've ever seen anyone "casual" complain about the story in the sense that it is too dense and needs to be toned down. And while I do feel GameFreak tries to simply the games to appeal to the "dumb mobile player/kid," A) I don't think mobile players/kids are as dumb as GameFreak thinks they are and B) I think the lackluster story was not a result of GameFreak trying to "dumb down" the games. It's more likely that they were pressed for time... and creatively bankrupt.

One, this isn't restricted to casuals. I've seen plenty of hardcore players criticize gen 7's cutscenes, for example. Two, is this really a story issue? Seems more like a cutscene one to me.

I doubt they spent that much focus on Little Town Hero. Haven't we established that the dev team for that game was rather small? And I figure if GameFreak really did focus a lot on Hero, they would market it more.
True, I too feel like GF truly underestimate children. Yes they are easy to entertain, but we all have to remember that they are not stupid, and saying something that is incomplete, rushed or poorly written is for kids is just insulting to both them and their parents. Children deserve better than what they're getting now. Compare SwSh to DPPt, and you can spot the difference. Gen 7 was the last of something big, but that's only to promote Pokemon's 20th Anniversary. Now it is clear TPCi is striving towards a new direction with mobile games. More profit out of less effort.

You know, with how they let Eternatus take over the role as the Legendary you catch during the main story in SwoShi, I wonder if they'd be open to shuffling things around a bit in DP remakes.

While I wouldn't say that Cyrus's plan ever made much sense, I think it makes even less sense for him to arbitrarily focus on either Dialga or Palkia, rather than both of them. Why seek to remake the universe by controlling only time or space, when the universe is comprised of both? His deduction in Platinum that the lake guardians can supposedly balance one of the dragons, so what happens if he summon both makes him seem all the more savvy, too. So what if in both versions of the remake, they use Giratina and the Distortion World for the main story climax, and then have the post-game arc focus on you capturing Dialga or Palkia? If they wanted to, I think they could even write it to involve both of them (though you would only catch the one that matches your version), in a way that culminates in an encounter with Arceus.
They could even make Dialga and Palkia available in both versions. It was possible in Gold and Silver (and HeartGold/SoulSilver) to catch both cover Legendaries in both games, after all. But if Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire are anything to go by, they'll again ignore most of the improvements that came with the "director's cut" and stick to the original games' content only.

They could even make Dialga and Palkia available in both versions. It was possible in Gold and Silver (and HeartGold/SoulSilver) to catch both cover Legendaries in both games, after all. But if Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire are anything to go by, they'll again ignore most of the improvements that came with the "director's cut" and stick to the original games' content only.
Something like the version mascot is the one where you catch during the main story while the opposite mascot could only be caught in the postgame is something I would've liked to see Pokemon do for a while. But as things look like currently, I doubt that will be the case.

The remake, with how SwSh ended up, will most probably be a remake of Platinum, Catching Giratina, but with each mascot Pokemon you can only get in Post-Game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom