• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that they would do it like that because I think that this game would mostly ignore Platinum's story elements like ORAS ignored Emerald's.
They only ignored Emerald's story because the focus of the games were the two opposing teams, something that was not present in Platinum.

The Ultra Beast lore makes too much sense in Sinnoh compared to the Dynamax/Gigantamax thing, but they attached “warping space/time” to Eternatus’ bio... At this point I don’t really know for certain what happens- I just hope it isn’t handwaved meh explanation for Gigantamax to be in Sinnoh and coincidentally have most of the power spots be in gyms.

The mega evolutions explanation with Rayquaza felt quite organic: I think it would be a bit too forced if every Gym in Sinnoh was somehow home to a Power Spot.

Or maybe the Gyms were built to be over Power Spots?
Or Dynamax won"t be in Gyms. No Gym Leader had a Mega after all.

They only ignored Emerald's story because the focus of the games were the two opposing teams, something that was not present in Platinum.
However, that does not mean that they have to include Platinum's story elements. HGSS was the only remake that actually added story elements from the third version, and back then Game Freak had a totally different design philosophy.

However, that does not mean that they have to include Platinum's story elements. HGSS was the only remake that actually added story elements from the third version, and back then Game Freak had a totally different design philosophy.
And that was only because they were the only games at the time where they could do that.

FRLG didn't, and ORAS didn't, so it's clear that they don't have to incorporate story elements from the third version.
Like I said, it's because Crystal is the only with elements that they could incorporate. FRLG didn't include elements from Yellow thanks to walking Pokémon being hard to do at the time (or at least, I think so seeing how GBA hackers still don't know how to really do them) and friendship being an universal mechanic and Ruby and Sapphire depended too much on Team Magma and Aqua to even consider making it difficult to adapt Emerald.

Platinum doesn't have any of those problems, so I don't see why not.

They may not include Platinum elements just because. They seem to just do stuff on a whim. Our opinion means nothing for them.
Also, Sinnoh is def getting casualized.

Riley is right that there will never be a game wih all mons. They called it a new direction and why would they change their minds when they are rolling in money?

They may not include Platinum elements just because. They seem to just do stuff on a whim. Our opinion means nothing for them.
Also, Sinnoh is def getting casualized.

Riley is right that there will never be a game wih all mons. They called it a new direction and why would they change their minds when they are rolling in money?
Plus after SwSh, they would want to make the DP Remakes as dumb down as possible.

So, how do you think they will rework the Adamant and Lustrous Orbs? It's entirely possible for them to change their mechanics given how the Red and Blue Orbs were changed to allow Primal Reversion for Kyogre and Groudon. I personally think they will make the Adamant and Lustrous Orbs act just like the Griseous Orb.

SwSh wasn't that dumbed down.
The exp share was always on and if you didn't restrict yourself you'd get incredibly overleveled easily. Very few important trainers healed their Pokemon. Most trainers had 1-2 Pokemon while the gym leaders at most had four. Several trainers had Pokemon with only three moves. Free heals everywhere (most notably during the "storming the evil base" sequence). The game itself is incredibly linear, meaning that there's very little chance to get worn down to the bone. Granted, this issue may not have stemmed from a desire to make the games easier, but it still lowers difficulty.

Compared to gen 7, which was challenging at times (Guzma anyone?), this game is definitely dumbed down.

So what you're telling me is that I'm pathetic.
It's not you that's pathetic, it's the games of Sword and Shield that are. Only I wouldn't go as far to call it pathetic. If anything, it's ''Paul Approved Pathetic!'' The only redeeming factor for the game is the game play. The rest is obviously rushed and feels empty because of it. There is even a windows mouse cursor spotted in the credits for a split second, and that is the last thing you would ever want in a finished console game.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWAVpjPPC4w

Well, if Game Freak spent more time on the game rather than becoming obsessed with Kanto during Gen 7, then Sword and Shield could've been so much better. The only thing that can redeem Sword and Shield are updates which Game Freak needs to start doing because it's the norm for AAA games these days.

It's not you that's pathetic, it's the games of Sword and Shield that are. Only I wouldn't go as far to call it pathetic. If anything, it's ''Paul Approved Pathetic!'' The only redeeming factor for the game is the game play. The rest is obviously rushed and feels empty because of it. There is even a windows mouse cursor spotted in the credits for a split second, and that is the last thing you would ever want in a finished console game.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWAVpjPPC4w

The games are fine. They are more difficult than XY and SM/USUM (Unless you decide to use the candies but then you only have yourself to blame). Yes they are rushed and lack content, but so do all the games that came out yearly so why blow it up only for SwSh now. (Yes, I realize I will have people swarming me over all the Dexit stuff now and everything else that caused an outrage before SwSh even released.)

Also really hate how everyone brings this stuff as if it are facts while it's still objective, but hey, if you shout and repeat often enough on the internet, surely someone will side with you, right.

what about USUM, Those were hard. No wonder you got all of those revives.

Other than the Ultra Necrozma fight, which was really stupid for obvious reasons, I found USUM really easy. Surely doesn't help it's a rehash of SM with just some extra Pokémon and a story bit that's just a rehash of Kyurem but now with aliens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom