• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gardenia's gym already got remodeled from DP > Pt, but I hope they keep the clock one from Platinum, or at least something like it.

Personally I prefer the forest. For one thing, she gives out the Forest Badge, but that's just pleasing to my brain. On a more technical level, the forest puzzle in Diamond & Pearl took advantage of the newly available limited 3D elements offered by the Nintento DS, while the clock was nothing you couldn't have encountered in a GBA game. With that in mind, I feel like the forest would also be more fitting for the games since they are now in full 3D, perhaps working like X & Y's Glittering Cave.

The only gym I wouldn't mind them changing completely is Candice's gym, but those are my bias against ice puzzles talking.

in exchange for Medicham automaticaly Froslass, its a ice gym.

hmmm will Farfetched and Linoone get new evolutions or Sinho forms for Sifetched and Obstagoon?

Hmmm leveling at night Linoone could trigger ghost typing too... Imagine normal/ghost there?
Farfetched also could use that method with hits and maybe become flying/fighting?
or they could take the Runigerus root and change their names too.

Since I've mentioned Banjo Kazooie and Click Clock Wood. Just for fun I know, and is very hard for me to find the right kind of people and regions to fit the theme and balance the genders about.. I have thought of what if Banjo Kazooie is a Pokemon Game, and if so, what Gym Leaders would they have. Note that Rusty Bucket Bay isn't on the list because all the other spots and types are taken.

Mumbo's Mountain - Norman (Normal Type/Hoenn)
Treasure Trove Cove - Misty (Water Type/Kanto)
Clanker's Cavern - Jasmine (Steel Type/Johto)
Bubblegloop Swamp - Mina (Fairy Type/Alola)
Freezeasy Peak - Wulfric (Ice Type/Kalos)
Gobi's Valley - Clay (Ground Type/Unova)
Mad Monster Mansion - Allister (Ghost Type/Galar)
Click Clock Wood - Gardenia (Grass Type/Sinnoh)

But with that nonsense out of the way, I could see the gyms in the Gen 4 Remakes being similar to that in SwSh. Having a trial before confronting the Gym Leader.

Last edited:
I've got a question...

In what order is the strongest Pokemon Champion in the entire series? I know Cynthia is slightly stronger than Leon, and Red is the most powerful of all. But can anyone make a list of which is the strongest from strongest to weakest?

It really depends on which of their aces can use moves most effectively.

In terms of levels, from highest to lowest. This does not include rematches since not all games have them. The order also changes a bit for third versions or remakes:
*Red (L 88, HG/SS,
*Red (L81 in GSC)
*Diantha (L68)
*Cynthia (L66, DP)
*Leon (L65)
*Blue (L65 RBY)
*Blue (L63 FRLG)
*Cynthia (L62 Platinum)
*Hau (L60)
*Iris (L59)
*Stephen (L59, ORAS)
*Stephen (L58, RS)
*Wallace (L58)
*Kukui (L58)
*Ghetsis (L54, not champion but final boss)

Uncertain weather to mention these guys or not, but for completion sake:
*Lance (L50, champion but there's a lot of game left)
*Stephen (L78, Emerald, postgame boss, not champion)
*Alder (L77, champion but battled in post-game)

I never played gen 5 (had other things to do at the time) so I may have made mistakes there. Sorry.
If you factor things other than levels difficulty changes; RBY's Blue has awful movesets (still using moves lik Ember in the 60s) for instance, and mediocre DVs. Cynthia, if I recall, has near perfect IV's on her whole party.

Last edited:
In terms of levels, from highest to lowest. This does not include rematches since not all games have them. The order also changes a bit for third versions or remakes:
*Red (L 88, HG/SS,
*Red (L81 in GSC)
*Cynthia (L66, DP)
*Leon (L65)
*Blue (L65 RBY)
*Blue (L63 FRLG)
*Cynthia (L62 Platinum)
*Hau (L60)
*Iris (L59)
*Stephen (L58, RS)
*Wallace (L58)
*Kukui (L58)
*Ghetsis (L54, not champion but final boss)

Uncertain weather to mention these guys or not, but for completion sake:
*Lance (L50, champion but there's a lot of game left)
*Stephen (L78, Emerald, postgame boss, not champion)
*Alder (L77, champion but battled in post-game)

I never played gen 5 (had other things to do at the time) so I may have made mistakes there. Sorry.
If you factor things other than levels difficulty changes; RBY's Blue has awful movesets (still using moves lik Ember in the 60s) for instance, and mediocre DVs. Cynthia, if I recall, has near perfect IV's on her whole party.
In the rematch, Leon's L70, whilst Cynthia's is slightly higher in BW. So in a way, Leon is tied with Blue and almost neck and neck with Cynthia's DP team.

It's likely her Level would be similar to either her level in Platinum or Leon's in the DP Remake, since the games are made simpler.

Last edited:
I mean, that's not not challenging.

Leon was pretty hard (stupid Haxorous).
Leon and Cynthia both seem evenly matched. I wonder if the two would interact in the Champions Tornamant when Ash and Go visits Unova in the anime. Since Ash is Champion of Alola, I see no doubt of him taking part in it.

The concept of Cynthia and Leon as good friends is one I rather like. If something goes really wrong and Leon can't fix it he calls Cynthia. Like, if he had had time during the whole Eternatus thing he would have called Cynthia but it happened literally in the middle of a tournament so he didn't have time.

Wait this is getting into headcanon territory and super off topic. Whoops.

The concept of Cynthia and Leon as good friends is one I rather like. If something goes really wrong and Leon can't fix it he calls Cynthia. Like, if he had had time during the whole Eternatus thing he would have called Cynthia but it happened literally in the middle of a tournament so he didn't have time.

Wait this is getting into headcanon territory and super off topic. Whoops.
Since there is Sinnoh Merchandising coming in 2020 to promote the Gen 4 Remake (like the Pikachu and Eevee merchandise in 2018)

And with Steven paired with Diantha since Gen 6 with XY and ORAS, I can easily see Leon paired with Cynthia, since they are both undefeatable Champions of their respectable regions.

This is how I would rank champions (or their equivalent) by difficulty in the games I have played:

1. Cynthia
  2. Kukui (stupid Lycanroc...)
  3. Alder
  4. Steven
  5. Iris
  6. Lance
  7. Hau
  8. Blue
  9. Diantha

Could Arceus theretically cause Dynamax like Eternatus did?
would be cool to see that...
and instead of Gigantamax could allow something else? "Titanamax" sounds... Giants , titans and gods...
Interesting if Arceus energy would be different from Eternatus and grant some other powers?

also gen 4 would allow to mix Megas with Dynamax...
Would be cool to get some new megas and G-max or other called names, to mix things up and see how it works.
We alredy got enough Kanto-mon , gen 2 , 3 and 4 are here in spotlight.

they could introduce a item to activate Dynamax outside of power spots, as using energy of pokemon and trainer

they still need to make Giratinasas shadow form somehow a game important thing... we dont know if its a Mega a Gigantamax or other form change... I mean the black blob form tar like in appearence.

Dynamax arises from foreign Eternatus energy, not energy from the Pokemon or trainer. The mechanics you’re looking for:

yes but why would it not make sense that if you have a wishing star and a piece of meteorite from Galar that brough eternatus then , when fueling those with the trainers and pokemons energy could have the same or similar effect? pokemon scientist will find a way. this would solve the gigantamax obtainability problem... and the raid battles.

Also Eternatus and Arceus, their names rhyme and Arceus was god like and feels that should be a relation between those two, Alpha and Omega kinda... Eternatus destruction and Arceus life...

Also we don't know how Eternatus prison affects it all... We saw in the anime Snorlax transforming randomly in a forest...

I think that they need or could elaborate and go into details there...

did we get in other remake games new moves and abilities? Omega Ruby and Alpha Saphire gave us a little, maybe this remakes should give us more? some regular new moves? always felt that we should get more weight based moves... with effects, better power, to hit heavy hitters and fast leight pokemon...

also the cut moves maybe they will get in remake buffs and changes together with abilities they could relate too?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom