• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is part of the problem!

You've been saying the same thing over and over again!

Every little thing someone says you take as an opportunity to rant about how lazy and greedy gamefreak is! Nothing I even said in the last post I made that you quoted could even be linked to your rant. I just agreed with gamefreak that Megas did kind of break competitive a bit and expressed that I figured the Sinnoh starters would probably get gigantamax forms!

It's getting sickening!

All this constant negativity from everyone! I'm sick of it! I'm sick of this freaking fandom! All we do is rant and rant and say the same thing over and over and over again! I try to rerail the conversation back on topic and you all just throw it immediately off the rails, off a cliff, and into the ocean where we then fall into an undersea volcano!

And yes, I do realize I'm just as guilty as everyone else but just because I'm a hypocrite doesn't mean I'm wrong!

I'll probably get banned for this post but everything in it needs to be said! I just want to play games, man. I want to enjoy things. Is that too much to ask?

Sidenote: ORAS was a masterpiece and was much better than RSE. That's the stone cold truth.

I know this may have no connections to this topic, but it does connect with the Sinnoh Remakes. All we ask is for the games to be better and treated with the love and care
Then why don't we focus on that instead of negativitey.

I've got, like, a crap ton of Sinnoh remake ideas lying around in my head somewhere. Now if only I could find them.

There is really no reason to continue on at this point because everything has already been fulfilled.
What’s “everything” in this context? There are countless people enjoying the franchise right now, and that’s a fact. You’ll be taking away many people’s favourite games if you end the franchise at any arbitrary point.

You thinking it’s the pinnacle of franchise and it should be ended =/= it actually being the case.

What’s “everything” in this context? There are countless people enjoying the franchise right now, and that’s a fact. You’ll be taking away many people’s favourite games if you end the franchise at any arbitrary point.

You thinking it’s the pinnacle of franchise and it should be ended =/= it actually being the case.
Powerpuff Girls ended when it was at it's peak, because the creator said that if they keep making more episodes, the show will end up becoming more and more stagnant over time *cough* Spongebob *cough* Rugrats *cough*.

Ending Pokemon after Gen 4 would probably help the franchise to recharge after a long while, where with the right dedicated people, the series would become just as, if not bigger, better, stronger than the originals. By making Gen 5 they have just squeezed out every drop of creative energy it should've saved. Hence why Gen 6 - 8 is now lacking.

However if in the hands of the wrong people, they would likely make the series poorly handled, like the new Powerpuff Girls and TTG are. And yet kids love it. Which could be the reason why for Pokemon now, despite the fact a majority of people buying the merchandise are above 15.

All franchises must come to an end unfortunately. MLP: FIM just ended this year, so did many of your favorite shows in the past. Sometimes it's best to unwind and recharge the batteries, or even let other franchises get the spotlight once in a while.

Sidenote: ORAS was a masterpiece and was much better than RSE. That's the stone cold truth.

I never played R/S/E the first time around so I don't see the changes between R and OR which I got at launch. The one thinh that I was disappointed with in OR was the lack of character customisation that was in X/Y.

I think often the circular nature of discussion about remakes pivots around some people wanting as little change as possible (to the point of insisting some changes are impossible) while others take the view that straight up rereleases won't be well received with new players (who tend to push what could be changed either logically or illogically) and the two viewpoints swing the conversation in a perpetual circle.

I have to admit that while I played the Sinnoh games quite a lot there's an awful lot that I can never seem to remember about them. I dug out my copies of Diamond and Pearl earlier this year to catch some legendaries to transfer forwards and I was astounded at how little I remembered of the geography of Sinnoh. Couldn't even remember basic stuff like roughly which compass point the league was etc.

Made me think that they could probably change a lot in remakes and I personally wouldn't notice much. Have to admit that a lot of my mental block might be down to just how much cave network was used in Sinnoh and cave routes are alwaysy least favourite - at least they (generally) ditched the Flash HM mechanic for most later games, dark caves are the worst. :p

If there's one thing that taught me that remakes of things need changes, it's the Photorealistic Lion King. Aside from the Photorealism, it was basically a carbon copy of the movie with a few of the gags removed, different voice actors, and a new song tacked on.

Personally I'm not a fan of the whole HD remakes trend anyway - I still dig out my N64 a few times a year and have a few rounds on Goldeneye or replay Banjo-Kazooie, so when a game gets a straight up remake which is essentially just "look the graphics are better than 10 years ago" I see no reason to buy it unless it's massively reduced then I'll pay £5 for the convenience of having the game on a newer console.

*edit* - In fact this year I replayed Pearl, Platinum, Crystal, Soul Silver, Black, White 2 and Yellow - since my 3DS is still to hand its easy to replay any of those without the need to go dig out an old console so Gen 4 remakes definitely need a reason for me to buy beyond improved graphics!

In terms of levels, from highest to lowest. This does not include rematches since not all games have them. The order also changes a bit for third versions or remakes:
*Red (L 88, HG/SS,
*Red (L81 in GSC)
*Cynthia (L66, DP)
*Leon (L65)
*Blue (L65 RBY)
*Blue (L63 FRLG)
*Cynthia (L62 Platinum)
*Hau (L60)
*Iris (L59)
*Stephen (L59, ORAS)
*Stephen (L58, RS)
*Wallace (L58)
*Kukui (L58)
*Ghetsis (L54, not champion but final boss)

Uncertain weather to mention these guys or not, but for completion sake:
*Lance (L50, champion but there's a lot of game left)
*Stephen (L78, Emerald, postgame boss, not champion)
*Alder (L77, champion but battled in post-game)

I never played gen 5 (had other things to do at the time) so I may have made mistakes there. Sorry.
If you factor things other than levels difficulty changes; RBY's Blue has awful movesets (still using moves lik Ember in the 60s) for instance, and mediocre DVs. Cynthia, if I recall, has near perfect IV's on her whole party.
You forgot Diantha...

Do you think they'll do a battle frontier in the Gen 4 remakes. I remember the frontier kind be off being big in DPPl more do than emerald so maybe it has a chance. I also hope that they expand on the legendary/mythical quests. They were really big that generation and I hope they return.

Thanks. I added her.
In my defense she is very, very easy to forget.
Oddly she is actually the highest other than Red! Yet I found her so easy...
That's likely due to the way the Exp. Share and the experience gaining mechanics worked off of each other in Generation 6 and made overleveling very easy.

She has a good battle theme.

Heck, the elite four and champion themes in XY were excellent. Too bad you only get to hear, like, 30 seconds of them at most.

That's likely due to the way the Exp. Share and the experience gaining mechanics worked off of each other in Generation 6.
Nah, it wasn't the Exp Share. I turned it off.
I was just noting on how ironic it is that one of the highest level champions was so easy; what happened is my Salamence had time to setup a pair of Dragon Dances, and since she always uses Gardevoir last she had no way to stop it until 5 of her Pokémon were down.
Edit: Oddly enough the one gen 4 battle I'm worried about for the remakes is the first battle with Mars. I don't remember either of my battles with Cynthia (Diamond or Platinum) so she couldn't have been that bad, but I remember that ugly cat tearing my poor Pokémon apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom