• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, it wasn't the Exp Share. I turned it off.
I was just noting on how ironic it is that one of the highest level champions was so easy; what happened is my Salamence had time to setup a pair of Dragon Dances, and since she always uses Gardevoir last she had no way to stop it until 5 of her Pokémon were down.
Ah... Makes sense... But yeah. I think it's kinda sad that she's widely considered to be very easy and/or forgettable, when she's the reigning League Champion with the highest-level team.

Ah... Makes sense... But yeah. I think it's kinda sad that she's widely considered to be very easy and/or forgettable, when she's the reigning League Champion with the highest-level team.
Okay, I did not notice that. I guess this must be the biggest irony in Pokémon, specially considering how I can one-shot everything she has without trying.

I remember battling Cynthia for the first time in Diamond, have managed to defeat her by the skin of the teeth, despite having the strategy guide. What makes her formidable is the fact she constantly max restores her Pokemon. The remake will probably have her tonne down a bit with Garchomp saved for last (Gigantamax Garchomp). Catchy battle theme and memorable Champion Battle.

Could hardly remember challenging Alder, but I did defeat Iris (But only because of AR at the time).

Diantha was easily swept aside, even her Mega Gardevoir. Catchy battle theme, but forgettable Champion.

Leon, I was just able to beat his Charizard. Memorable Champion battle, but forgettable battle theme. It should have been the Battle Tower's theme instead, for the battle theme as one pointed out sounds like it should have been the credit's theme.

Speaking of battle themes, anybody know why the heck Hop's battle theme suddenly becomes Flamenco music half way through?

I think I know why Game Freak did not introduce any Mythical Pokemon in Gen 8, that's because Sinnoh alone has enough to cover the whole generation. Think about it, there's Shaymin, Darkrai and Manaphy. Plus, Shaymin did in fact appear in the Sun and Moon anime. I can see maybe Shaymin being distributed in Sword and Shield, Darkrai in the Sinnoh remakes and Manaphy in the follow up games for Sword and Shield, Arceus would be saved for being in the post-game story focused on Giratina.

I think I know why Game Freak did not introduce any Mythical Pokemon in Gen 8, that's because Sinnoh alone has enough to cover the whole generation. Think about it, there's Shaymin, Darkrai and Manaphy. Plus, Shaymin did in fact appear in the Sun and Moon anime. I can see maybe Shaymin being distributed in Sword and Shield, Darkrai in the Sinnoh remakes and Manaphy in the follow up games for Sword and Shield, Arceus would be saved for being in the post-game story focused on Giratina.
Actually, it's more to do with promotion with Pokemon Go, just like they did with Meltan and Melmetal.

Yet, I don't see the point of Home tbh if you can't trade nor transfer some of the Pokemon from SwSh to the Gen 4 Remake...

They don't care about timelines, they care about the Region
They don't care about the Region, they care about the Pokemon
They don't care about the Pokemon, they care about the Merchandising
They don't care about the merchandising, ALL they care about is the Money

Since DP was the first game to give gender differences, all Sinnoh starters should receive asthetic gender differences in the remakes.

Piplup line is a perfect candidate since the "crown" design would work for that. Female Piplup will have heart-shaped marks above her beak while female Empoleon will have different crowns.

Turtwig would have longer twig if female. And Torterra would have different tree.

Chimchar line would be something else... Maybe Infernape gets a different-colored tail?

Also, for Honchkrow and Gliscor... Honchkrow should have a more-cylindrical top hat for males, while female Gliscor needs larger stinger or different fang designs.

Also, all Eeveelutions should have gender differences. Heart-ringed Umbreon or heart-tailed Glaceon are better than heart-tailed Eevee.

Since DP was the first game to give gender differences, all Sinnoh starters should receive asthetic gender differences in the remakes.

Piplup line is a perfect candidate since the "crown" design would work for that. Female Piplup will have heart-shaped marks above her beak while female Empoleon will have different crowns.

Turtwig would have longer twig if female. And Torterra would have different tree.

Chimchar line would be something else... Maybe Infernape gets a different-colored tail?

Also, for Honchkrow and Gliscor... Honchkrow should have a more-cylindrical top hat for males, while female Gliscor needs larger stinger or different fang designs.

Also, all Eeveelutions should have gender differences. Heart-ringed Umbreon or heart-tailed Glaceon are better than heart-tailed Eevee.
Why do all the females have to have heart shaped marks? Do most female animals have them?

Why do all the females have to have heart shaped marks? Do most female animals have them?
Heart-shaped marks? I mean for a few Pokémon, but since Nintendo Switch cartridge can have more models fitting in, there's a bigger chance all Sinnoh starters and all Eeveelutions will have gender differences.

Even all Galar starters would have gender differences, too.

I think GF are planning to focus more on the regions and having them less connected to any other region, as if they want each region to be their own multiverse in some shape or form?

It doesn't make sense in the Pokemon World, I know, but it does in a marketing strategy.

Heart-shaped marks? I mean for a few Pokémon, but since Nintendo Switch cartridge can have more models fitting in, there's a bigger chance all Sinnoh starters and all Eeveelutions will have gender differences.

Even all Galar starters would have gender differences, too.
I asked that because your idea of gender difference seemed to be “our hearts on most females”.

All the previous carts have had spaces for gender differences for all Pokemon, their shinies, their gender difference shinies, and even more alternate models.

Space has not been an issue, GameFreak just doesn’t want to. These days they prefer to have fewer gender differences but highly drastic ones. If any Pokemon doesn’t have any gender difference now, the probability of it getting one is next to zero. Eevee’s an exception because the partner Eevee model is markedly different and they decided to make it a permanent addition.

If they wanted the Sinnoh or Galar starters or any Pokemon to have Gender differences(specially minor ones), there’s no reason it didn’t happen in their debut games and it’s highly unlikely it’ll happen in the new games all of a sudden. GameFreak are cutting out models from the game right and left from Dexit anyway.

I thought they were planning to focus more on the merchandizing and money (yes, I am making fun of you but I'm not doing it maliciously),
money is their end goal, I was just basing on what GF said about regions being far more important to them than timelines.

I asked that because your idea of gender difference seemed to be “our hearts on most females”.
Heart patterns? For some, it's a casual way to attract casual gamers into. I have more complex ideas but you overlooked that.

Eevee’s an exception because the partner Eevee model is markedly different and they decided to make it a permanent addition.
Permanent addition? More like making Eevee as a "secondary" mascot to Pikachu for marketing purposes, but from a purist standpoint, Eevee doesn't need one.
Perhaps Game Freak used it as a marketing ploy to attract more core-series players in, or as a last-minute oversight due to rushed development. They might remove gender differences from Eevee if they want to.

Last edited:

I don't mind gender differences, but please, no (more) heart shapes. It looks ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom